• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Blade Seemed Dull: Salsa Making Taking Longer Than Usual?

I do put my blade in the DW does that matter?I'm having the same problem... I was making Mango Salsa at a show last night and I looked like a fool trying to sell this product to people. Then.... as I was cleaning up after I somehow threw the darn blade away with my scraps. I have another show tonight and already grocery shopped to make brushetta! Something is telling me I should not be using it!There is another consultant in your area. You might want to try talking to them about your issue.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
I was never really sold on this BUT no I am really not liking it-

MY blade seems dull

I have been doing salsa at my shows all this month and gosh it takes FOREVER
to chop tomatoes -
seemed like it never took that long-

anyone else have this problem?

I do put my blade in the DW does that matter?

I'm having the same problem... I was making Mango Salsa at a show last night and I looked like a fool trying to sell this product to people. Then.... as I was cleaning up after I somehow threw the darn blade away with my scraps. I have another show tonight and already grocery shopped to make brushetta! Something is telling me I should not be using it!

My blade is dull... the basin is all knicked and scratched and not even white anymore... I'v e cleaned it and cleaned it and... fail. I'm kinda sad because it's a neat concept for quick recipes for shows... but if it doesn't work what's the point?

I think I am going to switch back to the salad chopper LOVE them --can sell the pants off of them if they had pants-

My MFP will work ok for onion, celery and such but the tomatoes are terrible, not like they used to be

do do the brushetta w/ the salad choppers and food chopper it will be fine

I love my MFP and use it a ton at home and at shows and don't feel like it's gotten dull (at least not to a point where it's an issue). I'm pretty amazed at how many I've sold at full price too - any time I use it at a show I sell at least 3 in addition to a host order for one as well! No complaints from any of my customers either...Sorry you're not a fan. :(

nancycookspc said:
I think I am going to switch back to the salad chopper LOVE them --can sell the pants off of them if they had pants-

My MFP will work ok for onion, celery and such but the tomatoes are terrible, not like they used to be

do do the brushetta w/ the salad choppers and food chopper it will be fine

It may just be my blondeness... but I don't like the salad choppers either. I'm willing to give it a go... would I just chop it all in a bowl?

You should call HO and get it replaced. I love mine!

Yes your blade shouldn't seem dull. Some things take longer to chop than others but if it doesn't feel like it's working, get it replaced.You might just be able to get the blade on the replacement part form - check it out.

wadesgirl said:
Yes your blade shouldn't seem dull. Some things take longer to chop than others but if it doesn't feel like it's working, get it replaced.

You might just be able to get the blade on the replacement part form - check it out.

I'm going to order the blade from the replacement parts... however... that doens't help me for my show tonight :(

vanscootin said:
I'm going to order the blade from the replacement parts... however... that doens't help me for my show tonight :(

Is there another consultant or possibly a good customer who has one in your area?

Related to My Blade Seemed Dull: Salsa Making Taking Longer Than Usual?

1. Why does my blade seem dull when making salsa?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are using a sharp knife or food chopper specifically designed for salsa making. Dull blades can make the process longer and more difficult. Additionally, the ingredients you are using, such as tough vegetables like onions or bell peppers, can dull the blade faster. It's important to regularly sharpen your blade or replace it if necessary.

2. How can I make the salsa making process faster?

One way to speed up the process is by using a food chopper instead of a knife. This will save you time and effort in chopping the ingredients. You can also prep some of the ingredients in advance, such as cutting the vegetables into smaller chunks, to make the salsa making process smoother and quicker.

3. What can I do if my salsa is too chunky?

If your salsa is turning out too chunky, try pulsing the ingredients in a food processor or using a hand-held immersion blender to achieve a smoother consistency. You can also adjust the ingredient ratios to your liking, adding more liquid or chopping the ingredients into smaller pieces.

4. Is there a certain order I should add ingredients when making salsa?

Yes, it's best to start with the softer ingredients, such as tomatoes and onions, and then add the harder ingredients, like peppers and garlic. This will help ensure all the ingredients are evenly chopped and mixed together.

5. How can I prevent my salsa from turning out too watery?

If your salsa is too watery, you can strain out some of the excess liquid before serving. You can also add a thickening agent, such as tomato paste or cornstarch, to help absorb some of the liquid. It's important to also use fresh, ripe ingredients and drain any canned ingredients before adding them to the salsa.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
  • grgann
  • Products and Tips
Replies