• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Turn the Molten Lava Cake Out of the Rice Cooker?

Since it was just for me, I left it in the cooker. At shows, can it be turned out onto a plate?Yes, it should be turned out on a plate, so you can get the effect of the lava oozing down the sides. The large SA platter works well. Then take one of our scrapers (such as the Master Scraper) and scrape out every last bit of frosting. If you want, you can grate some chocolate over the cake using the microplane grater.Very important-- make sure that you invert the SA platter over the RC, get a good grip on the both the platter and RC handles and turn them over
Ann F
Gold Member
Hi,
I tried the molten lava cake for the first time. I wasn't sure if I needed to have the rice cooker lid on or not, so I put it on with just one side latched.

Since it was just for me, I left it in the cooker. At shows, can it be turned out onto a plate?

Thanks.

Yes, it should be turned out on a plate, so you can get the effect of the lava oozing down the sides. The large SA platter works well. Then take one of our scrapers (such as the Master Scraper) and scrape out every last bit of frosting. If you want, you can grate some chocolate over the cake using the microplane grater.

Very important
-- make sure that you invert the SA platter over the RC, get a good grip on the both the platter and RC handles and turn them over together. Slowly lift up the RC and listen to "oohs" and "aahs" as the melted chocolate flows over the cake. You may want to try this at home first! Oh, and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting works the best. Vanilla isn't pretty!

How long do you need to cook it?? And do you need to turn it if it is not is a microwave with a turn table?

Thanks!

Kelly V.:chef:

Every microwave is different, but I start at 10 minutes. Add another minute when you stick a scraper down the side, and it is still batter on the bottom -- the top will look cooked. I have never done it w/o a turntable, so you would have to experiment.
Enjoy!

Thanks so much, Nancy!I did NOT have a turntable and it seemed to be fine.

Have you tried this in the DCB yet? I sell tons of them this way with just demonstrating the cake in it! Much higher priced item!

Tell me more about it, Sharon.

When I made my first one in the RCP I used an electric mixer -- don't do this -- it adds too much air and my cake erupted before I took it out of the microwave. They normally don't erupt till you turn them upside down on the platter. LOL. I sell this as something people can make in their office at work.

Ann F said:
Tell me more about it, Sharon.

OH MY GOSH!!! This is the BEST thing!

Just take a regular Devil's Food cake mix and mix it up accoding to the package diections. Pur it into your DCB (no need to grease it) Then take some chocolate can frosting and using your small stainless scoop drop spoonfuls directly onto the batter. Pop the lid on and micro for 10 min.
The cake cooks all the way through, the icing melts through the cake and when you slice into it the lava is all there on the bottom. No need to dump the cake out (too messy) Just serve it with a spoon and serve with vanilla ice cream! HEAVEN!!! Sells those $69 Bakers!!!

By the way, try variations too! Coconut cake with cream cheese icing AWESOME! Garnish with toasted almonds and toasted coconut and a fanned strawberry.

KellyRedHead said:
How long do you need to cook it?? And do you need to turn it if it is not is a microwave with a turn table?

Thanks!

Kelly V.:chef:

You can always use the pocket thermometer. If it reads 160 degrees, it's done. (It's an easy way to sell demo the thermometer, too)

smspamperedchef said:
Have you tried this in the DCB yet? I sell tons of them this way with just demonstrating the cake in it! Much higher priced item!

Love the idea of the higher priced demo, but do you get the same WOW affect by not turning it over?

cwinter474 said:
Love the idea of the higher priced demo, but do you get the same WOW affect by not turning it over?
I would think people would be 'wow'ed by the simple fact that you cooked a cake in the microwave in under 15 minutes! That fact is what sells the item you bake it in....be it the RC, DCB, or the Stone Fluted pans. I don't have a RC, but I do mine in the Fluted- so you get the 'wow', the quickness, and a really pretty shaped cake too! :D My cooking shows are just now starting to take off...so I'm hoping to do DCB main recipes, and for those that have enough guests (like 10-12 or more) I'll do a quick cake in the fluted pan (or cookware later in the summer to push August special). If I'm not doing a DCB recipe, then I'd use my DCB for the cake.

1. What is the Mw Molten Lava Cake?

The Mw Molten Lava Cake is a delicious and decadent dessert made with rich chocolate cake and a warm, gooey center. It is a popular dessert option from Pampered Chef that is perfect for special occasions or anytime you want to treat yourself.

2. How do I make the Mw Molten Lava Cake?

Making the Mw Molten Lava Cake is simple and only requires a few ingredients. First, preheat your oven to 375°F and prepare the Mw Molten Lava Cake mix according to the package instructions. Then, pour the batter into individual ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges are set but the center is still soft. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.

3. Can I make the Mw Molten Lava Cake in advance?

Yes, you can make the Mw Molten Lava Cake in advance. Prepare the batter as directed and pour into the ramekins. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let the ramekins sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before placing them in the oven.

4. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the Mw Molten Lava Cake?

While the Mw Molten Lava Cake mix comes with a rich chocolate cake and a chocolate fudge center, you can certainly experiment with different types of chocolate. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate can be used for a unique twist on this classic dessert.

5. What other ingredients can I add to the Mw Molten Lava Cake?

The Mw Molten Lava Cake is a delicious dessert on its own, but you can also add in other ingredients for a personalized touch. Chopped nuts, fresh berries, or a scoop of ice cream are all great options to top off your Mw Molten Lava Cake and take it to the next level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lisa717
Replies
Views
D Levad