• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Molten Lava Cake Icing Supposed to Be Liquid?

You can leave the lid off or on, I've done both, and it usually takes about 20-25 minutes to cook. Cook time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. Once it's done, it will look like a chocolate cake with a molten center (hence the name lava cake). It will be in the shape of a volcano, hence the name. It will be a little gooey in the middle so be prepared to scoop it out. This recipe is a variation of the peanut butter dump cake that I posted a while ago. I tweaked it a little and it turned out really yummy!
supplyhoarder
I used the dcb for molten lava cake today. Is it normal for the icing to turn to liquid at the bottom? I was really surprised by this....the cake tasted yummy but I ended up scooping out the liquid and pouring it over the cake. Just wondering if I messed up or if this was normal.

Yep that's exactly what you want it to do!

can someone give me the recipe for this?

thanks so much.

All you do, so that you don't have to scoop out frosting, is flip the cake over onto the plate and and the frosting will be all over the top! :thumbup:
Just make sure to use a platter otherwise there will be frosting dripping over the edge!

I know it has been posted here multiple times, but I still can't seem to find it:(
How do you make the lava cake in the dcb? I know how to make it in the fluted pan, I just haven't tried it in the dcb. Do you leave the lid on or off? How long does it take to cook & how long does it set?

If it's anything like the peanut butter dump cake, all you do is make the cake according to the directions and add the frosting on top. Cook for 12 minutes, top off. If you add peanut butter, it does this really cool swirly thing when you flip it over and it looks fabulous!!

1234blessed said:
I know it has been posted here multiple times, but I still can't seem to find it:(
How do you make the lava cake in the dcb? I know how to make it in the fluted pan, I just haven't tried it in the dcb. Do you leave the lid on or off? How long does it take to cook & how long does it set?

You put the cake mix in the DCB, add scoops of the frosting on the top and put it in the microwave (uncovered) for, I believe, 10 minutes. :D

An alternate name is the Chocolate Volcano Cake (due to the lava like appearance of the melted frosting flowing down the sides of the cake when you do it right I'm thinking...).​

1. Is it normal for the icing on molten lava cake to be liquid?

Yes, it is normal for the icing on molten lava cake to be in a liquid form. The heat from the cake causes the icing to melt and create a delicious gooey texture.

2. Can I make the icing thicker or more solid?

You can try refrigerating the cake for a short period of time to make the icing slightly thicker. However, keep in mind that the icing is meant to be a liquid and may not solidify completely.

3. Will the icing harden as the cake cools?

Yes, as the cake cools, the icing will also cool and harden. However, it may still have a slightly gooey texture due to the chocolate and other ingredients used in the icing.

4. Can I use a different type of icing on my molten lava cake?

While the traditional recipe calls for a liquid chocolate icing, you can certainly experiment with different types of icing on your molten lava cake. However, keep in mind that the heat from the cake may cause the icing to melt and create a different texture.

5. How do I prevent the icing from spilling out of the cake?

To prevent the icing from spilling out of the cake, make sure to properly seal the edges of the cake before baking. You can also try using a slightly thicker icing or reducing the amount of icing used in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Mama2bowbaby