1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Motorcycle event booth

1. KaryCam

KaryCam Member Gold Member

I was approached yesterday at my booth by a rep from our local Harley-Davidson shop. They are having a big event with vendors and would like for me to participate. This rep was friends with the lady in the booth next to mine, that's how I got invited (moral: be nice to your fellow vendors) and she participated in this event last year and said it was great. The rep explained that I would need cash & carry items that were small enough to fit in saddlebags but I could also have bigger items for show.
    Anyone have any ideas about what to have on hand or any ideas for displays or such?
    Thanks

Oct 11, 2009
  2. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Hmmmm. When my Dad was alive, he was a biker. Here are the only items in the catalog that I could ever see him buying:
    • Can Strainer (for straining motor oil! LOL)
    • Flexible Funnels (for pouring motor oil!)
    • BBQ Mitt (they like the thick sturdy gloves like this for touching hot motorcycle parts)

Oct 11, 2009
  3. KaryCam

KaryCam Member Gold Member

Thanks, those are good ideas.
    I think she also meant that they would be riding their motorcylcles there and couldn't take anything big with them.
    My husband said something to the vendor next to me and she jokingly said, "Bikers have kitchens in their homes, they don't just live on the road."
    Women will be there of course, but you know, it will be more of a mens' event.

Oct 11, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

LOL, yes, bikers do have kitchens. My dad didn't know how to use our's. My Mom caught him making a grilled cheese sandwich once. He dropped butter in the pan, melted it & then dropped in the bread which quickly soaked up the butter. He kept putting in butter. She found him with a pan of soggy bread. LOL His idea of cooking was to give me money & send me to a drive-thru. ;)

I'm sure there are other bikers out there who are very good in the kitchen. My Dad just wasn't one of them. Bwahaha!!!

Oct 11, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I really think that I would treat it like you would any other booth... Set up a nice display and have the smaller cash and carry and have all of your info. There are a lot of "normal" people that just so happen to love riding bikes, and yes they all cook and eat! There are only a certain few who are true bikers like in the movies, the rest are just normal every day people with families that have a Harley hobby...

Oct 12, 2009
  6. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

My husband LOVES to work on his motorcycle. He's always tinkering around in the garage. He's had a few instances where he's dropped very small parts inside the bike cavity, and his hands are too big or too short to reach down to get them.

I handed him my saute' tongs and he's been able to easily reach the parts that were previously unreachable.

He LOVES my saute' tongs.

Oct 12, 2009
  7. Shell Northway

Shell Northway Member

Mix N Chop!!!! Vegetable Peelers, Quickut Knives. I know they aren't big $ items, but people are always looking for those.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted