• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Motivating Your Team: Try Darla's Strategy!

In summary, the author is thinking about holding an Olympic themed meeting in July. They have some ideas for what the meeting could be themed around, including cooking shows, recruiting, bookings, customer care, and supporting new consultants. They also suggest decorating with American Flags, having a r/w/b trifle made, and having the #1 in sales or recruiting be the "torchbearer."
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I just got this from Darla Oelmann and I think I'm going to try it! It looks like it might put a fire under some of my team! What do you guys think?:confused:

Looks great!! PC has a great special going on in June(my Team are working to earn). I think I'll do it just July & Aug. I'm looking at my team stats for last July & Aug. Boy they were BAD!!! What do you think?

To do it in July & August seems like a great idea since we do have sell a thon going on. That's probably what I'll do. I'll talk about it at our Meeting next week and tell them to start scheduling shows!!

You could also theme your July Meeting around Olymipcs if you wanted to go the extra-mile.

annew said:
You could also theme your July Meeting around Olymipcs if you wanted to go the extra-mile.

Ooooh - I liiiiiike where this is going!!!

not sure what ideas I have but....
the Olympic torch= tiki torch
mine is @ my house for the summer so I'm going to line up the walkway w/the torchs.

@ the dollar store/walmart they sell the medals everyone could wear one.....

Recipes....not sure if you do one @ each meeting but I do try to do 1.

You could also send out an Olymic invite
make posters in publisher to use @ the meeting.

for training segments you could hold a "game" & the winner would get a prize or medal??
you could have products on a table or woven selections & they would have to list either ways to promote or uses for that product....kind of like a MEMORY Game.

i'll keep thinking...

Great idea. This sounds like so much fun and I have some that need a fire under them right now.

Wow Anne! You're on a roll!! I'm not that creative so this is great!

thanks for sharing Kristi and for the additional ideas Anne!! Loving it!

I'll think about some different things that we could do when I get out of work :)

This is AWESOME!! I'm definitely going to present this to my team at my meeting on Monday. THANKS! And the ideas for the meeting, wow! I can't even think of anything right now, so thank goodnes for your creativity!!

ok so some more thoughts on this......

the Olympic symbol--- your cooking show, recruiting, bookings, customer care, supporting new consultants.....a few ideas of what our 5 circles could be..

you could ask the #1 in sales or recruiting to be the "torchbearer" to light all of the tiki torches....

you could also decorate w/American Flags demonstrate or have the R/W/B trifle made before your meeting.

I am about to pass out.....this thread is great! My Director & I were talking the other day about how much fun an Olympic type meeting would be and here you all are talking about it!!

Ok I'm on for the Olympic Theme for July is anyone else thinking about it????

YES!! What great ideas!! I will try to come up with something too!

well, this was a God send! I had posted in the "June meetings" thread about holding my own July meeting while most of the rest of the free world is at NC and I wanted to use an Olympic theme!!!!!!!!!!

Related to Motivating Your Team: Try Darla's Strategy!

What is Darla's strategy for motivating a team?

Darla's strategy involves setting clear goals and expectations, providing regular feedback and recognition, promoting collaboration and teamwork, and offering incentives or rewards for achieving success.

How can I implement Darla's strategy in my team?

To implement Darla's strategy, start by setting clear and achievable goals for your team. Then, regularly communicate with your team members and provide constructive feedback and recognition. Encourage collaboration and teamwork, and consider offering incentives or rewards for meeting or exceeding goals.

What are the benefits of using Darla's strategy for team motivation?

Darla's strategy can lead to increased productivity, improved morale and teamwork, and a more positive work environment. It can also help to retain top performers and attract new talent to your team.

What challenges might arise when using Darla's strategy?

Some challenges that may arise when using Darla's strategy include resistance to change from team members, difficulty setting clear and measurable goals, and budget constraints for offering incentives or rewards.

Are there any tips for successfully implementing Darla's strategy?

To successfully implement Darla's strategy, it can be helpful to involve your team members in setting goals and creating a plan for achieving them. Regular communication and flexibility in adjusting goals and incentives can also lead to a more successful implementation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheftiffany
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
prurnenzymn
  • Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PC Mom 55