• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Most Under-Rated/Over-Rated Recipe

In summary, there are many recipes that people love and dislike. Dislike: Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet, Microwave Cakes, Grilled Chicken Al Fresco Pasta, Caramel Brownie thing, Jerk Chicken Nachos, and Creamy One Pot Pasta. Love: Pina Colada Upside Down Cake, Mini Pesto Pizzas, Steamed Wonton Purses, Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, Fresh Pineapple Salsa, Mexican Lasagna, Penne Pasta al Fresca, 30 Minute Chicken, Polenta Lasagna, Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Stew, Beef Enchilada Casserole, Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple, Jalapeno Popper Pizza, Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup, Ham & Cheese Breakfast Squares, and Sausage and Sundried Tomato Risotto. Additionally, everyone dislikes Crescent Rolls, Mexican dishes, Chili Cornbread Bake, Tres Leches Trifle, and Creamy One Pot Pasta.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I know we had a thread like this for products but I was curious as to everyone's thoughts on the recipes we use. I can't wait to hear everyone's responses.

I think this is hard. There are many recipes that others love, and I don't. But then, also vice-versa.

I don't like:

Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet
Microwave Cakes - in any form, large or small
Grilled Chicken Al Fresco Pasta
The Caramel Brownie thing where you add the brown sugar

Ones that I LOVE:

Jerk Chicken Nachos (made with chipotle instead)
Pina Colada Upside Down Cake
Mini Pesto Pizzas
Steamed Wonton Purses
Creamy One Pot Pasta
Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
Fresh Pineapple Salsa

and.........

INCREDIBLE 30 MINUTE CHICKEN!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I think this is hard. There are many recipes that others love, and I don't. But then, also vice-versa.

I don't like:

Ones that I LOVE:

Mini Pesto Pizzas
Steamed Wonton Purses
Creamy One Pot Pasta
Fresh Pineapple Salsa

and.........

I agree with the ones you DISLIKE - Dump Cake - :yuck:, the Caramel Brownies are TOO RICH! I like the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet but ONLY with Chicken!

I still like Cool Veggie Pizza - to eat FOR SURE - makes an OK demo too. But I like doing more up-to-date recipes to promote the Recipe Books....

I agree that the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies are too rich. That also goes for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte. You need milk or vanilla ice cream to cut the sweetness.

DessertDivaFL said:
I agree that the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies are too rich. That also goes for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte. You need milk or vanilla ice cream to cut the sweetness.

YES! Or a really strong cup of coffee.

DessertDivaFL said:

They're rich, but I still love them. Definitely need milk to go with them, though. ;)

I LOVE the Sausage and Sundried Tomato Risotto...a great show recipe. Uses the food chopper, Deep Covered Baker, forged cutlery and cookware.

Our (my family's) all-time favorite PC recipe is the Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup (from the Chicken Power Cooking).

A close runner-up is the Ham & Cheese Breakfast Squares (I'm making that for dinner this week, but adding spinach and mushrooms). A hint for the H&C BS is to use O'Brien hash browns (potatoes cut in tiny cubes). I think this works so much better in the recipe.

ChefBeckyD said:

I don't like:

Ones that I LOVE:

Mini Pesto Pizzas
Steamed Wonton Purses
Creamy One Pot Pasta
Fresh Pineapple Salsa

and.........

Becky, why don't you like the penne pasta??

I love...Mexican lasagna...made for dinner tonight
Penne pasta al fresca
30 min chicken

Dislike:
Jerk chicken nachos
creamy one pot pasta

It's fun seeing what everyone else's tastes are. Since the Jerk Chicken Nachos seem to be such a favorite I'm going to have to make those soon.

I Luh-huh-hove:

Polenta Lasagna!!:p (29 min. Vol. 2)
Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Stew (29 min. Vol. 1)
Beef Enchilada Casserole (29 min. Vol. 1)
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies-Yes, with Vanilla Ice Cream
Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple
Jalapeno Popper Pizzas

I don't really like:

Pork and Noodle Skillet:yuck:
Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip (something about it being warm I didn't like)
Satay Chicken Pasta Salad
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte (funny-I thought this was way too rich, but not theCaramel Brownies)

twocooks2many said:
I LOVE the Sausage and Sundried Tomato Risotto...a great show recipe. Uses the food chopper, Deep Covered Baker, forged cutlery and cookware.

Oh, I have got to try that one! I never thought about how well it demos the higher priced products. Good point!

chefsteph07 said:
Becky, why don't you like the penne pasta??

I love...Mexican lasagna...made for dinner tonight
Penne pasta al fresca
30 min chicken

Dislike:
Jerk chicken nachos
creamy one pot pasta

I made it exactly as written - except using the end of the box of pasta, and adding double cheese. My whole family thought it was bland, and not enough sauce. We eat pasta for the sauce...and this just didn't have enough flavor for us.

The leftovers were much better - I added a blend of red sauce, and basil pesto, and it finally tasted like it had enough flavor and enough sauce.

I'll probably catch a lot of heat for this, but I hate any recipe involving Crescent Rolls! I think they have been used to death, expensive, and not all that healthy...I do however love to just eat them (another reason why I don't buy them), but hate using them in recipes.

I don't hate the recipes with crescent rolls - but I agree with Missy that they are way over-used and not healthy at all.

My kids won't eat any of the rings/wreaths/braids. I guess that is good - but what kid doesn't like crescent rolls?!

I also do not like the one pot creamy pasta - made it twice and both times it just wasn't good.

I need to make more recipes from the 29 mins to dinner cookbooks - but a friend who just bought volume 2 made the artichoke and red pepper risotto and said it was excellent.

I am a chocoholic so I liked the nutty caramel brownies and the PB torte - but I agree that they are rich.

Sorry for the randomness of this post - just responding to a lot of the earlier observations!

I rarely demo anything with the crescent rolls - and I've never done a ring, wreath, or braid for a show. I've had them a couple times, but don't care for them.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm a bit of a food snob.:rolleyes::eek:
and if I don't like it, or think it's sort of a "substandard" food - I won't make it for a show either. (for instance - I won't be making anything that includes Ramen Noodles in the recipe, either.)

ChefBeckyD said:
I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm a bit of a food snob.:rolleyes::eek:and if I don't like it, or think it's sort of a "substandard" food - I won't make it for a show either.

That's my girl!!!! I to am a bit of a snob and I'm not scared to admit it. I'm still deciding which recipes are my favorites.

Love the Skillet Lasagna, BLT Mac and Cheese, Velvet Cake in the Microwave, and Tuna and Sundried Tomato Pasta (all from 29 min. except cake)

Will not make again...Almond Chicken Stir Fry. I (sorry Becky..lol) loved the fried Ramen Noodles, but this recipe took a LONG time to do. 29 minutes my foot! lol

Thought I would bring this thread back up again from a year ago and get everyone's thoughts on the new recipes we've gotten.

I really love the Strawberry Coconut Tres-Leches Trifle. It is a new favorite. Also like the Chili Cornbread Bake.

Anyone have some new favorites?

I really didn't care for the Tres Leches Trifle. Actually, it tastes okay, but I think it's too much work for the end result. If I'm going to put that much fuss into making something, I want it to be SPECTACULAR...and to me, that trifle isn't. There are too many trifles that are much easier to make that get just as much of a WOW from guests.

My favorite is the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos - made as a Taco Salad.:love::chef: It's been WOWing guests at my shows too!

I love the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, too (and, tell my guests it takes longer to say it than to make it!!). My only problem with it is my cornbread topping is never cooked all the way through!We also love the Easy Tortellini Toss (this recipe is true to its name!), but I make it with chicken and bacon.My Director made the Strawberry Coconut Tres-Leches Trifle for a meeting. My friend/recruit and I both thought the strawberries were out of place, but our daughters and everyone else loved it!We made the Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa for a show, and it was soooo easy!! I keep meaning to make it at home, but, instead of the salsa, use the new Sauces.

LOVE:
-asian noodle skillet- with chicken instead or beef... and asian stir fry noodles not ramen
-turkey tetrazinni
-anything in the rice cooker!!!Dislike
-Mexican lasagna

ChefBeckyD said:
....My favorite is the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos - made as a Taco Salad.:love::chef: It's been WOWing guests at my shows too!

LOL! I made this last night for my family and I thought it was good, but it just didn't WOW me. I was also thinking that it would be much better as a salad though and I'll try that with the left-overs. Not sure I'd do this one at a show though (I thought it was to much slicing and chopping and used too many bowls)....I'd love to see your show outline for this one, maybe that would change my mind - afterall, I think you are the queen when it comes to show recipes :D

pamperedlinda said:
LOL! I made this last night for my family and I thought it was good, but it just didn't WOW me. I was also thinking that it would be much better as a salad though and I'll try that with the left-overs. Not sure I'd do this one at a show though (I thought it was to much slicing and chopping and used too many bowls)....I'd love to see your show outline for this one, maybe that would change my mind - afterall, I think you are the queen when it comes to show recipes :D
Okay Linda Lou....here's what I do:BEFORE THE PARTY:put chicken in DCB with a squeeze of lime, and a dusting of Chipotle Rub, and cook in micro until done. Leave in micro w/ lid on.Peel mango, and slice part way. (using serrated peeler)Peel jicama most of the way. (I buy the jicama, and I've only been finding super huge jicama, so I quarter it, and just bring a quarter of it to use)Open lettuce and arrange on large bamboo tray (yes, I have my host buy packaged lettuce. I know I could use the salad spinner, but I don't want to haul it to shows. If it was an upcoming host special, I'd bring it)Put cilantro in 1 cup prep bowl, ready to chop.
Put limes in Bamboo Snack Bowl (the larger one)Put Mayo in 2 cup ERMC, and add cumin. (I double the recipe for the salad)Pour tortilla chips into smallest Collapsible bowl.SHOW DEMOShow cooked chicken in DCB - talk about the magic pot and all it's wonders. Chop up chicken with mix n chop.Cut mango - talk about knives, cutting boards, and tips for picking a ripe mango and how to best slice it.Peel jicama - talk about jicama, and serrated peeler. Then julienne jicama with the julienne peeler. (Sorry, I think the UM is out of place here, and makes more work than necessary - it's SO easy to julienne the jicama - and faster! - at my last show, EVERYONE bought one!)Place mango & jicama in small SS bowl. Chop cilantro with the food chopper, and to SS bowl.Cut lime in half & squeeze lime juice into SS bowl - mix everything together.Make dressing - more lime juice, and 1 tsp chipotle rub added to the mayo/cumin mixture.Toss part of dressing with chicken in DCB.Place chicken on top of lettuce, then add Mango mixture. Drizzle a little more dressing around the edges , where it's just lettuce, and then crunch a few tortilla chips over the top. Serve with the Bamboo Claws. Have extra dressing on the side in the Bamboo Snack Bowl (the one the limes were in) with the bamboo little ladle. Oh, and serve extra chips on the side too. :)I like this much better as a salad - and it's so pretty on the Bamboo Platter!

OMG Becky!!!! This is so much better than the original recipe! I knew you'd convert me on this one. I did like it, it just wasn't wowwing me.....The PC Test Kitchen really should hire you.

The Julienne Peeler!!!! that is perfect for this recipe!

DessertDivaFL said:
Anyone have some new favorites?

A friend and I made 3 of the Power Chicken recipes. We had the smokey black bean tortillas and LOVED them!! A new favorite for me.

roasted potato bites (stoneware inspirations) I LOVE IT!!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay Linda Lou....here's what I do:

BEFORE THE PARTY:

Put chicken in DCB with a squeeze of lime, and a dusting of Chipotle Rub, and cook in micro until done. Leave in micro w/ lid on.

Peel mango, and slice part way. (using serrated peeler)

Peel jicama most of the way. (I buy the jicama, and I've only been finding super huge jicama, so I quarter it, and just bring a quarter of it to use)

Open lettuce and arrange on large bamboo tray (yes, I have my host buy packaged lettuce. I know I could use the salad spinner, but I don't want to haul it to shows. If it was an upcoming host special, I'd bring it)

Put cilantro in 1 cup prep bowl, ready to chop.
Put limes in Bamboo Snack Bowl (the larger one)

Put Mayo in 2 cup ERMC, and add cumin. (I double the recipe for the salad)

Pour tortilla chips into smallest Collapsible bowl.

SHOW DEMO

Show cooked chicken in DCB - talk about the magic pot and all it's wonders. Chop up chicken with mix n chop.

Cut mango - talk about knives, cutting boards, and tips for picking a ripe mango and how to best slice it.

Peel jicama - talk about jicama, and serrated peeler. Then julienne jicama with the julienne peeler. (Sorry, I think the UM is out of place here, and makes more work than necessary - it's SO easy to julienne the jicama - and faster! - at my last show, EVERYONE bought one!)

Place mango & jicama in small SS bowl.

Chop cilantro with the food chopper, and to SS bowl.

Cut lime in half & squeeze lime juice into SS bowl - mix everything together.

Make dressing - more lime juice, and 1 tsp chipotle rub added to the mayo/cumin mixture.

Toss part of dressing with chicken in DCB.

Place chicken on top of lettuce, then add Mango mixture. Drizzle a little more dressing around the edges , where it's just lettuce, and then crunch a few tortilla chips over the top. Serve with the Bamboo Claws. Have extra dressing on the side in the Bamboo Snack Bowl (the one the limes were in) with the bamboo little ladle. Oh, and serve extra chips on the side too. :)

I like this much better as a salad - and it's so pretty on the Bamboo Platter!

This is basically what I do and I like it much better than trying to do tacos at a show!

wadesgirl said:
This is basically what I do and I like it much better than trying to do tacos at a show!

I also do basically what Becky does. The big difference is I serve it in the large dots bowl or the trifle bowl.

ChefBeckyD said:
I really didn't care for the Tres Leches Trifle. Actually, it tastes okay, but I think it's too much work for the end result. If I'm going to put that much fuss into making something, I want it to be SPECTACULAR...and to me, that trifle isn't. There are too many trifles that are much easier to make that get just as much of a WOW from guests.

My favorite is the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos - made as a Taco Salad.:love::chef: It's been WOWing guests at my shows too!

So what do you do..just make a salad and then add all of this on top of it?

I think I would like that..I liked the taste of this..but..I am not a fan of hard taco shells..because I feel as if they are too messy..so I don't see me making this..but I might like it as a salad.

Forget it..after I posted this..I saw that my question was answered..I missed the whole second page of the thread.

Sorry.

I've had rave reviews when I make the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries from the Chocolate Bliss theme show. I did a show the day before Valentine's day and wanted to do a chocolate dessert and chose that one. People LOVED the cake and were amazed that it was done in the microwave and still so moist! I made it again for an open house I did (to display the new cake pedesetal) and people raved about it again. I like how it showcases a piece of stoneware that most people would probably think they wouldn't use if they're not really into baking.

Not for a demo but just for eating...I LOVE the Korean Style Beef Bowl in um, 29 Mins to Dinner, vol 2 I think. Even my non-rice eating husband and my non-beef eating daughter SCARFED down this dinner!

I did not like the Beef Fried Rice one from one of the 29 Mins to Dinner books. It was really bland.

The Cool, Crunchy Chicken Tacos are one of my absolute favorite foods right now and I've never ever bought jicama and we rarely eat mango. I did it as tacos at home, a salad for a show, and as tacos for a potluck at work. Everyone has loved it.

For shows btw, I actually take my 12" skillet and cook the chicken in it while preparing everything else. I sold a 12" skillet doing that and I don't usually sell them even when I use them for the garlic bites with the 30 Minute Chicken. So I was pleased with that outcome :)

ChefBeckyD said:

I don't like:

Ones that I LOVE:

Mini Pesto Pizzas
Steamed Wonton Purses
Creamy One Pot Pasta
Fresh Pineapple Salsa

and.........

These are all favorite of mine!! Love the noodle skillet with steamed wonton purses (used ginger wasabi for dipping). Microwave cakes- instead of oil use 16 oz of sour cream!! Make the cake LOOK beautiful (gives a full, fluffy look) and taste great!! WCNB- LOVE how rich they are!! Keeps me from eating 4 at a time:blushing::eek:

So funny how different we all are!!

mscharf said:
These are all favorite of mine!! Love the noodle skillet with steamed wonton purses (used ginger wasabi for dipping). Microwave cakes- instead of oil use 16 oz of sour cream!! Make the cake LOOK beautiful (gives a full, fluffy look) and taste great!! WCNB- LOVE how rich they are!! Keeps me from eating 4 at a time:blushing::eek:

So funny how different we all are!!

Yeah, my dislikes are alot based on the use of highly processed foods.

At home, we don't/can't eat ramen noodles, or cake mixes. The brownies are just way too much sugar for me. Couldn't even choke one down. I had one bite, and just about gagged!

I do know that I'm not normal though.:eek:

My son has allergies to wheat, corn (including corn syrup), MSG, dairy/casein, nuts of all kinds, etc....so although I considered myself a "from scratch" cook before, I'm even more so now. It's a challenge.

For shows:
Love: 3 Cheese Garden Pizza supplemented w/ a 30-minute chicken
Caramel Brownies- I have totally tweaked the recipe to my liking (to the point that I'm thinking the only similarity is two steps from the recipe) and to add more pricey tools
15-minute fajitas w/ pineapple salsa (aka rush hour fajitas)
Anything else the is economical, easy, done in 20 min. or less AND shows over $400 worth of product for a demo!
(I'll be running the recipes in bold -and only these recipes- for at least the next 6-8 months)
Hate for shows: Anything with repetitive steps (ex: anything in the mini muffin pan), recipes that require alot of bowls for different steps (like most of the trifles) - hate how it clutters my workspace, anything that shows under $400 in tools and can't be tweaked to incorporate more tools, also any recipe that is just plain complicated with multiple trips to micro or stovetop. :) Just made the pb choco. bars in SB and loved them but would never make them at a show-felt like I was running a marathon with all the trips to the micro and all the bowls I had to wash at the end-ick! :)

In a nutshell, it better have affordable ingredients, be easy and duplicatable to make and have enough high end products to entice people to book, join the company or raise my show sales! Remember peeps the recipe is just a vehicle to get us to these three results-nothing more, we soooo aren't the caterer! :) As a good friend puts it at her shows "Now that I am done with the recipe you can all go in and get a TASTE TEST of the recipe that I prepared".
Fun post! enjoyed reading everyone's opinions!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah, my dislikes are alot based on the use of highly processed foods.

At home, we don't/can't eat ramen noodles, or cake mixes. The brownies are just way too much sugar for me. Couldn't even choke one down. I had one bite, and just about gagged!

I do know that I'm not normal though.:eek:

My son has allergies to wheat, corn (including corn syrup), MSG, dairy/casein, nuts of all kinds, etc....so although I considered myself a "from scratch" cook before, I'm even more so now. It's a challenge.

OH MY, my youngest has severe nut allergies (all kinds!), and I thought that was a lot to get used to. Bless his heart!

letmepamperu13 said:
For shows:
In a nutshell, it better have affordable ingredients, be easy and duplicatable to make and have enough high end products to entice people to book, join the company or raise my show sales! Remember peeps the recipe is just a vehicle to get us to these three results-nothing more, we soooo aren't the caterer! :) As a good friend puts it at her shows "Now that I am done with the recipe you can all go in and get a TASTE TEST of the recipe that I prepared".

Very wise words.....I printed it out to post at my desk to remind myself what I need to remember when choosing a recipe for my shows. Thanks!!

Love
Strawberry Cream Trifle
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Bacon, Linguine, Tomato Toss
Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco- I add Italian Seasoning or sundried tomato & herb rub to the chicken when grilling and when cooking the tomatoes and garlic. MUCH better taste and everyone loves it with the pull apart garlic bites
Easy Tortellini Toss- I make with chicken too

Dislike-
Jalapeno popper pizzas

I"m new to all this - but I love the very easy Chicken fajitas in the DCB. Nearly everyone at my show asked for the recipe, I sold five DCB's at one show using it, and the three that booked from that show all asked for me to use that recipe at their shows. I also love the Apple Crisp (for the DCB as well) made from all natural ingredients that someone posted on here a while back. The top is perfectly crisp and yummy, and it is so fast and easy to make.

I'm not a huge fan of the Chipotle Chili Cornbread. It tastes fine, but I don't love it.

I have had a lot of success lately with DCB recipes, especially the 30 min chicken. Some people are so hesitant to try a "microwaved" chicken. At my show Wednesday, I won't tell them it was microwaved until after they taste it. Should be interesting. I will have it prepared and cubed and then have the different sauces for them to try.

to: ChefGwendolyn--I didn't like the jalepeno popper pizzas at first (wayyyy to time consuming cutting up the dough and in the end I didn't feel I got enough for my effort!) Soo what I have done for past shows is just make it one big pizza- way easier and it feeds more! Plus I double the bacon :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay Linda Lou....here's what I do:

Put Mayo in 2 cup ERMC, and add cumin. (I double the recipe for the salad)

I like this much better as a salad - and it's so pretty on the Bamboo Platter!

Hey Becky, what's an ERMC? please and thank you

donnathepamperedchef said:
Hey Becky, what's an ERMC? please and thank you

I think she means Easy Read Measuring Cup.

For the Chicken Penne Al Fresco, I leave out the chicken!! The tomato/garlic flavor is SO AWESOME without the chicken sucking the life out of it. I made it at a show w/o chicken and substituted veggie broth and they LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Give it another try!

thank you Danielle

I had the 30 min chicken in DCB as a side item. Cut up chicken into cubes and had guests dunk into Ginger/Wasabi, Thai Peanut and Maple Honey Mustard sauces. They all were blown away by the chicken and the sauces. Only sold one DCB and no sauces. I think the moon was affecting my 24 guests last night. Show was barely over $500.

Yegads! What disappointing sales for that many guests.

I've been selling a ton of pantry items lately, mostly the rubs. Guess people are getting into grilling mode. I've given up on taking the sauces to shows. I was not having luck with selling them. People like them well enough. I don't think they wanted to pay that much for a bottle.

Becca_in_MD said:
Yegads! What disappointing sales for that many guests.

I've been selling a ton of pantry items lately, mostly the rubs. Guess people are getting into grilling mode. I've given up on taking the sauces to shows. I was not having luck with selling them. People like them well enough. I don't think they wanted to pay that much for a bottle.

Becca - I think they sell well around the Holidays. I've noticed that since Christmas, I haven't sold hardly any of the sauces, but from Sept - Dec I sold a TON of them. People were buying them as gifts, and for quick appetizers for Holiday entertaining.

Love the following but some of them I don't do at shows because of time.

Pronto Pasta & Sausage Skillet - absolutely love this and my boyfriend actually thinks I can cook when I do this one (ha ha boy do I have him fooled)

Glazed Teriyaki Meatballs & Noodles (Not for shows)

Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas

Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake

Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco with my own twist not as is

Chocolate Rasberry Cookie Trifle

Don't Like:

Cool Crunchy Chicken Tacos - After Spring Launch I was so excited about this recipe. I couldn't wait to get home and try it because I love Jicama, Mangos and all the other ingredients. I mean I used to take little baggies of Jicama with me to work and just munch on them throughout the day. I just can't stand this recipe and will probably never try it again.

Mexican Chicken Lasagna

Tasty Turkey Tetrazzani

Black Forest Trifle

Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies - too rich

Judy:)

ChefBeckyD said:
Becca - I think they sell well around the Holidays. I've noticed that since Christmas, I haven't sold hardly any of the sauces, but from Sept - Dec I sold a TON of them. People were buying them as gifts, and for quick appetizers for Holiday entertaining.

Ah - makes sense. I like a lot of them and use them. I figured people near me have lots of ethnic choices in stores and restaurants so don't see the value in one of our sauces. Hopefully you'll start getting the refill orders. Only thing about HO shipping directly for us is that we can't put our contact info on the pantry item itself for when it's refill time.

On a side note - a TS consultant I know says business is booming. She just had a $1,300 show with 3 bookings and 1 recruit. Even she was in shock with the sales b/c as she said "most of our products are $10." Some of my outside orders lately have been all pantry. Either other consultants are doing a great job of introducing the rubs to people and I'm getting their refill orders, or people are just willing to try them.

For at home & entertaining, I LOVE:
Tres Leches Trifle... everyone I've made this for has raved about it as well. Somehow it's the coconut cinnamon combo that does it for me. I wouldn't make it at a show though.
Chicken Fajitas - great at a show, but I've realized lately that it's a super-fast and easy meal for me to whip together when I really don't have a lot of time.

For a show:
Cool Crunchy Chicken Taco (Salad) - I was putting the chips down as the first layer, but I like Becky's version of putting the lettuce on first, then crunching chips over the top. My version got too dry, with too many chips and not enough topping.
Jerk Chicken Nachos - this has been around for a while, but it's an awesome show recipe, and one of my favorite. It looks great when you're finished, and I always use the DCB to cook the chicken, so incorporates that as well.

I love the Nutty Caramel Brownies, but they are too rich for me to make at home. I usually make them when I'm pampering a business... people love it then! I never take home any leftovers.

ChefBeckyD said:

Thanks for this tip... I've been doing the 'tasting station' with all the sauces, but it seemed as if I was just wasting it, as I don't think I've sold any sauces for quite a while. I'll give up on sauces for now and just focus on rubs.

<h2>1. What is the most underrated recipe in your opinion?</h2><p>The most underrated recipe in my opinion is our Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts. They are super easy to make and packed with flavor, but often get overlooked in favor of more traditional side dishes.</p><h2>2. What makes the Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts so great?</h2><p>The combination of garlic, parmesan, and roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the brussels sprouts and creates a deliciously crispy texture. It's a perfect balance of savory and earthy flavors.</p><h2>3. Which recipe do you think is overrated?</h2><p>In my experience, the most overrated recipe is our Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo. While it's a crowd favorite, I find that the dish can be a bit bland and lacks the creamy richness of a traditional alfredo sauce.</p><h2>4. Are there any secret tips for making the Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo more flavorful?</h2><p>Yes! I recommend adding a splash of white wine or a sprinkle of Italian seasoning to the sauce for some added depth of flavor. You can also try using fresh parmesan instead of pre-shredded for a richer taste.</p><h2>5. What is your personal favorite recipe from Pampered Chef?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have tried many of our recipes and my personal favorite is the Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole. It's a one-pot meal that is packed with flavor and always a hit with my family. Plus, it's super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.</p>

Related to Most Under-Rated/Over-Rated Recipe

1. What is the most underrated recipe in your opinion?

The most underrated recipe in my opinion is our Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts. They are super easy to make and packed with flavor, but often get overlooked in favor of more traditional side dishes.

2. What makes the Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts so great?

The combination of garlic, parmesan, and roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the brussels sprouts and creates a deliciously crispy texture. It's a perfect balance of savory and earthy flavors.

3. Which recipe do you think is overrated?

In my experience, the most overrated recipe is our Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo. While it's a crowd favorite, I find that the dish can be a bit bland and lacks the creamy richness of a traditional alfredo sauce.

4. Are there any secret tips for making the Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo more flavorful?

Yes! I recommend adding a splash of white wine or a sprinkle of Italian seasoning to the sauce for some added depth of flavor. You can also try using fresh parmesan instead of pre-shredded for a richer taste.

5. What is your personal favorite recipe from Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have tried many of our recipes and my personal favorite is the Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole. It's a one-pot meal that is packed with flavor and always a hit with my family. Plus, it's super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc