• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing Hawaii: Anyone Else Yearning for Island Life?

In summary, anyone else out there with me? :o Ewa area misses the music (KINE online is awesome), calls friends every other week or so, and misses being on Oahu.
jwpamp
I am so homesick...not originally from Hawaii, but we stay there with friends every other year (usually for 2 or 3 weeks at a time). On Oahu, Ewa area.

Anyone else out there with me? :eek:

Love to listen to the music (KINE online is awesome), and call our friends every other week or so, but really just want to be there...wish we could move there! Perhaps if PC pays off, we can!

Interested in e-mailing with anyone from there....:)

I miss it too!I lived there from '93 - '97 and I miss it too! I lived in Kaneohe out on the point overlooking the bay and China-Mans Hat. I loved it there. What I really miss most (besides the beach of course) is the food! I loved the local stuff....I could really go for some lau lua, tako poke, and squid luau right about now! I think I drive my husband nuts with my Hawaiian CD's, my favorites are Kealli Reichell and Bruddah IZ. My husband is a pilot for Delta and he's on his way to Honolulu as I write this.....I put in my order for some Li Hing Mui powder - I love that stuff on gummi bears and dried friut!

email me anytime... [email protected]

My parents went there last month for their 30th anniversary. They came home & said 'you & your kids will move there won't you?' I said sure, find a job for hubby, I can move my PC biz! I'm sure it will be an incentive trip in a few years....I'll work extra hard that year! After seeing their pics I really wanna go;)

I lived in Hawaii from 92-96; my dad was stationed there when I was a teenager. It was my favorite place we lived. I loved the clear water and snorkeling at the north shore. I went to high school in the Kaneohe area where we saw rainbows everyday on the mountains. Ahhh, the memories... Its been 10 years since we lived there.

awww....you guys are gonna make me cry again! I have been listening to Iz as well, and KINE when it's accessible online...

my favorite place was a special, secret little spot where we had the beach all to ourselves and the NaHokuII...loved Johnny and the crew!:p

I will be e-mailing a few of you, maybe we can share pics!

I also lived in Hawaii 93 - 97. I was stationed at Hickam and I lived in Aiea and then Wapio Gentry. I loved it SO much. We used to go to a beach that I believe was called Three Tables on the North Shore between Waimea Bay and Shark's Cove. It was almost always so peaceful there. That's my favorite visualization...laying on a beach towel in the sand feeling the sun on me and listening to the waves crashing. Oh, and we'd stop for shaved ice at that place at the North Shore on the way home. What was it called? I would go back there in a second!

Debi, sharks cove was where we snorkeled all the time and we would jump off the rocks. Hawaii had the best shaved ice with the vanilla ice cream on the bottom. Did you all ever stop while driving and buy some ( I can't remember the name of it) but it was meat wrapped in these green leaves. It was so delicious. We were at Hickam all the time but we would go to Bellows and go camping for a week every summer.

I know what you're talking about but don't remember what it's called. Bellows was nice too. We used to have squadron picnics out there.

Debi, its so weird to think we were there at the same time. It seems like just yesterday...

Well I have never lived in Hawaii, but I love to visit. We were on Maui last year for a week. I could use another week right now! Paradise!:) I could live there in a heart beat!

I am stationed here right now. We have lived here for about 2 years now and have about a year left. I love it (other than the traffic) and I'm so glad we got to come here.

I also think it's pretty awesome that my son will always be able to say he was born in Hawaii!

And thogh the KINE is a great station I really love KCCN FM100 and you can listen to it online too!!

Related to Missing Hawaii: Anyone Else Yearning for Island Life?

What is "Experience the Island Life"?

"Experience the Island Life" is a community for those who are homesick for Hawaii and the Ewa area. It is a place to connect with others who share a love for the islands and to share experiences, memories, and tips.

How can I join the "Experience the Island Life" community?

To join our community, simply visit our website and click on the "Join Now" button. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, and a brief introduction about yourself. Once you have submitted this information, you will be added to our community and can start connecting with others.

What type of content can I expect to see in the "Experience the Island Life" community?

In our community, you can expect to see posts and discussions about Hawaiian culture, food, traditions, and events. Our members also share photos, videos, and personal stories about their experiences in Hawaii and the Ewa area.

Are there any requirements for joining the "Experience the Island Life" community?

No, there are no requirements for joining our community. All are welcome to join, whether you are from Hawaii, have lived there in the past, or simply have a love for the islands.

Can I connect with other members outside of the online community?

Yes, many of our members have formed friendships outside of the online community and have even planned meetups and events. We encourage members to connect and continue building relationships beyond our virtual community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
Replies