• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mileage Writeoff as Listed in Cn

up! I say see a Profesional tax preparer, at least for the first year. They are then responsible if they mess...up!
lisacb77
Did you all see the insert in Dec CN about tax time? I thought the sentence was interesting about Cooking Show mileage not being a write-off, unless your home is your primary place of business.

Um, I'm confused. If it's a HOME based business, where else would I primarily be conducting my PC work?

Another reason I'm confused is PP gives a spot to type in our show mileage. Why would they do that if it's not deductible?

Are they trying to say if this is just my part-time job I can't claim it?? Appreciate your advice.

In order to claim mileage you must claim that you have a home office. All you need is a specific spot that you keep your PC office supplies, etc. I spend more time there doing PC business than I do out at shows so it's perfectly legal!

My DH will not allow me to deduct expenses for a home office (not worth explaining...) but I DO claim that I have an office on my taxes so I can claim the mileage. I have a whole room dedicated to my PC business so I would be fine if I ever got audited and they wanted to check.

I don't have an entire room, but there is a decent section of the bedroom we use as an office that is definitely PC dedicated. I have a whole file cabinet and some other containers that have nothing else in them but my supplies.

I guess I can claim an office but I think I'd be with your DH and not claim the other expenses (utilities) either since it's not the only thing I use that room for.

lisacb77 said:
Did you all see the insert in Dec CN about tax time? I thought the sentence was interesting about Cooking Show mileage not being a write-off, unless your home is your primary place of business.

Um, I'm confused. If it's a HOME based business, where else would I primarily be conducting my PC work?

Another reason I'm confused is PP gives a spot to type in our show mileage. Why would they do that if it's not deductible?

Are they trying to say if this is just my part-time job I can't claim it?? Appreciate your advice.

Do a search through the site and you will find discussion about this. Ask a tax professional. If you read through the IRS publication that pertains to this, it can be interpreted that the mileage TO and FROM a Cooking show is NOT tax deductible, because you are conducting your business AT the person's home, just like you cannot deduct your mileage to and from a workplace. They are considered commuting miles. However, it can be interpreted that you can deduct the miles if you have a home office, as stated above. Check the rules on the definition of a home office. Again, you are best off talking to a tax pro who has experience in home based businesses such as PC.

Mileage for post office, office supply stores, dropping off orders, etc are most definitely tax deductible.

It is not easy to figure out all the language of the IRS to do our taxes, that is certain.

priscilla said:
Do a search through the site and you will find discussion about this. Ask a tax professional. If you read through the IRS publication that pertains to this, it can be interpreted that the mileage TO and FROM a Cooking show is NOT tax deductible, because you are conducting your business AT the person's home, just like you cannot deduct your mileage to and from a workplace. They are considered commuting miles. However, it can be interpreted that you can deduct the miles if you have a home office, as stated above. Check the rules on the definition of a home office. Again, you are best off talking to a tax pro who has experience in home based businesses such as PC.

Mileage for post office, office supply stores, dropping off orders, etc are most definitely tax deductible.

It is not easy to figure out all the language of the IRS to do our taxes, that is certain.

Ok. You just confused me more! ha!

jrstephens said:
Ok. You just confused me more! ha!

Sorry 'bout that :rolleyes: The IRS has a publication for home-based businesses like PC, tupperware, etc. The way it is written can be intreperted different ways (see discussion about this in previous threads around tax time). The same sentence will be interpreted as saying YES you can deduct the miles to and from a Cooking Show by one person and NO you may not deduct the miles to and from a Cooking Show by another.

I say see a Profesional tax preparer, at least for the first year. They are then responsible if they mess up the IRS regulations. Or, call IRS and get the official take on the rules.

HTH,
Robin

priscilla said:
Sorry 'bout that :rolleyes: The IRS has a publication for home-based businesses like PC, tupperware, etc. The way it is written can be intreperted different ways (see discussion about this in previous threads around tax time). The same sentence will be interpreted as saying YES you can deduct the miles to and from a Cooking Show by one person and NO you may not deduct the miles to and from a Cooking Show by another.

I say see a Profesional tax preparer, at least for the first year. They are then responsible if they mess up the IRS regulations. Or, call IRS and get the official take on the rules.

HTH,
Robin

Thanks! I have read this publication and it is very confusing. Sometimes I think they do that so thay can catch you if they want!! HA!!!

I will read that publication. I agree with whomever said they do more biz at their house than shows though, especially since I've been doing a lot of catty shows!

And I'm sorry, when I do a show an hour or more away that is not normal "commuting" miles!

Related to Mileage Writeoff as Listed in Cn

1. What is the mileage writeoff for Pampered Chef consultants?

The mileage writeoff for Pampered Chef consultants is $0.58 per mile for business-related driving.

2. How do I calculate my mileage writeoff for Pampered Chef?

To calculate your mileage writeoff, simply multiply the total number of business miles driven by $0.58.

3. Can I write off mileage for personal use of my vehicle as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, the mileage writeoff can only be used for business-related driving, not personal use.

4. Do I need to keep a log of my business mileage for Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is recommended to keep a log of your business mileage for tax purposes. This can be done through a mileage tracking app or by keeping a physical record.

5. Are there any restrictions on the types of vehicles that can be used for the mileage writeoff as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, as long as the vehicle is used for business purposes and meets the qualifications for a business vehicle, it can be used for the mileage writeoff. This includes cars, trucks, and vans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom