• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microfiber Towel Warranty: Protect Your Investment with Proper Care

In summary, a person had a friend whose microfiber towel stained after using it to soak up iced tea and not washing it immediately. They asked if anyone else had this happen and if the towels were covered under warranty. It was mentioned that the warranty only covers manufacturer defects and not user error. Some suggested calling the company to see if they would replace the stained towel. It was also suggested to have a darker and lighter color option for each season's towel selection to avoid staining. The conversation then shifted to discussing the staining properties of tea and how it can be used to intentionally dye clothing.
amya
I have a friend who purchased a microfiber towel in March of 2006. She told me that it has stained. Evidently she used it to soak up some iced tea and didn't immediately wash it. Has anyone else had this happen? Are these under a warranty?

One year warranty, just like everything else.

But hello?!?!?!? Iced Tea and then she didn't wash it?!?!?

That's stretching it on the warranty, IMHO. The warranty covers manufacturers defects, not user error.

I don't think staining would be under warranty, would it??

They have a 1 year warranty. I have never had one of mine stain. But then again, I use the darker colors. What was out in March, the green and the two shades of blue wasn't it? My mind is drawing a blank at the moment of the exact colors!

I would say to call HO. Tell them it is still under warranty and has stained. Worst they can say is no, but I'll bet they will replace it for her!

There is no mention in our catalog that they will not stain! That relates to normal use. Have you ever noticed how the colors can change on a light colored towel that you run through with blue jeans? I made that mistake with one of the HWC pinks from 2005. They still absorb liquid if you use them to mop up juice, or any other liquid, regardless of the stains, just like any other
microfiber towel. I don't use my lighter ones to mop up spills but the Cranberry color and the Turquoise are great for that. They are my most used colors. I've thought of writing HO and suggesting that they have one dark and one light color in each season's selections, for just that reason.

Grandmarita said:
I don't use my lighter ones to mop up spills but the Cranberry color and the Turquoise are great for that. They are my most used colors. I've thought of writing HO and suggesting that they have one dark and one light color in each season's selections, for just that reason.
That's a great suggestion because they are super absorbent and great for spills, but I wouldn't want to discolor mine.

And tea is the worst for stains. Heck, you can use it instead of dye to make white things beige.

chefann said:
And tea is the worst for stains. Heck, you can use it instead of dye to make white things beige.

I once was in a wedding where the lace on the bridesmaids dresses were stained with tea on purpose to give them the "antiquey" look!:D (I know - stealing the thread...but that's what came to mind....umm, Ann started it with her comment!:D )

What is the warranty on Pampered Chef's microfiber towels?

Our microfiber towels come with a one-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.

What does the warranty cover?

The warranty covers any defects in the materials or workmanship of the towel, such as stitching coming undone or fabric fraying.

What is not covered by the warranty?

The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or damage caused by improper care or cleaning of the towel.

How do I make a warranty claim?

If you believe your microfiber towel is defective, please contact our customer service team with your order information and a description of the issue. They will assist you in submitting a warranty claim.

Do I need to register my towel for the warranty to be valid?

No, you do not need to register your towel for the warranty to be valid. However, we do recommend keeping your proof of purchase in case you need to make a warranty claim in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sk8Mom209
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • kam