• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting?

squirted a chocolate syrup bottle all over my microwave. And it's even worse because it's sticky after the cake has been cooked! This recipe is for the rice cooker. Use the lid if you have it.
wickednoodle
Someone told me about this recipe at a show last night. I've searched this site, as well as the PC site, with no luck. I'd love to try it out! Does anyone have this recipe?

Thanks!

Rice cooker cake:

Make cake mix as directed LIGHTLY spray rice cooker with kitchen Spritzer Pour cake into rice cooker Scoop frosting onto TOP (some are using 2 or three scoops, some are using the whole can...depends on how ooey and gooey you want it!) DO NOT STIR Put on lid Microwave for 7-9 minutes (7 for newer microwave, 9 for older) Try this at home before you take on the "road". ( It may take longer than the 9 min.-Test it at home first ) When you turn it out, the frosting will have sunk to the bottom and will cover the cake like a glaze. Yummy, so good, and selling the rice cooker like HOT CAKES (pun intended!)

HTH!

I actually don't spray the rice cooker first and it always turns out fine. Also, I use 10 scoops of the small scooper. Any less than that and it doesn't make the glaze for me. Also, make sure that whatever you turn it out onto has a lip on it otherwise it will run off the plate and make a horrible mess!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'm so excited to try this! I think I'm going to the store to get the goods to make it tonight.

One more quick question...what flavor cake mix/frosting works best?

I loooooooooove chocolate..........

Orange Supreme with Vanilla Frosting tastes like a Dreamsicle!!
I have also tried Strawberry w/Strawberry Icing, Cinnamon with Vanilla Icing, and Lemon with Lemon Icing. All are great but chocolate is my favorite!! Make sure you don't get Cream Cheese icing; it will separate in the microwave and looks kind of yucky!

I don't spray mine either & I don't do the lid. Every time I've done the lid, it looks like someone squirted a chocolate syrup bottle all over my microwave. And it's even worse because it's sticky after the cake has been cooked!

I've done rainbow chip & funfetti. That's yummy, too! :)

OK, wait! I'm confused!

Is this cake for the rice cooker or the micro-cooker?

Thanks!

I'm going to try this out tonight and hae my kids be the testers!!!

khergatt said:
OK, wait! I'm confused!

Is this cake for the rice cooker or the micro-cooker?

Thanks!

I think it's for the rice cooker. Leave it to a newbie (ME) to confuse things!

So Kristy did you try it....feedback please ;)

vwpamperedchef said:
So Kristy did you try it....feedback please ;)

I haven't tried it yet...that rotten husband of mine wanted to take me out for dinner - can you believe that??!! ;-) I couldn't say no (not that I wanted to) - grandma's in town so we have a free babysitter for a few days!

I have two shows back-to-back today, so I won't be able to make this until tomorrow. But I will definitely make it then and will definitely provide feedback. This seems like such an easy recipe to make to impress guests while still keeping my show nice and short. Plus, it sounds so yummy to make for ME!!! lol!

I'll check in with y'all tomorrow...

I've done the Rice Cooker cakes with strawberry cake with chocolate frosting using the small scoop and i usually add 8 scoops in a circle around the inside... and one in the middle... i don't spray the sides and i switched the oil for apple sauce... i think it comes out lighter and better flavor... it has been a huge hit here in Texas... as it is so hot that people don't want to use their ovens if it can be helped...
but let me know how yours goes!!!!

I make the rice cooker cake at over half my shows (in fact, did one last night and am doing another today at shows!) I use chocolate everytime, but really need to branch out!! I usually mix the cake right in the rice cooker and put just one big spoonful of frosting in the middle. I'm going to try little scoops around the edges and see if I get a better cover from the "glaze".

I saw this at a show before I was a consultant and bought the rice cooker immediately!!!:chef:

Okay... one post mentioned that they don't use the lid. So what's diff about the rice cooker for the cake? Can this be done in the large micro cooker? Sorry, newbie here and this sounds soooo good and easy and I don't have the rice cooker BUT do have the large micro cooker. :eek:

Thanks!!

I don't use the lid b/c when I have, it's made a huge mess. I don't want to take that chance in a host's micro! :) I would say not to try it in the large micro cooker. The material that the two cookers are made from are very different. I don't think the large would be tall enough either. The walls on the rice cooker are much thicker than the micro cookers. Definitely invest in the rice cooker before you try this!

On another note...every time I do this at a show, it sells at least 3-5 rice cookers. Every time. I don't know why I stopped doing them for a while. What's really funny is every time I do that, someone asks, "So, that's really all you have to do?" I'm like, "Yup". I feel like adding, I'm not a magician & you watched me do it!" :D

Okay... thanks! Good to know :)

I have been doing this at EVERY show and sell at least 3 rice cookers. Lately I have been doing Chocolate cake with 8-10 scoops of peanut butter....it is the BEST!!!!! YUMMMMMOOOOO I might need to do this for my family tonight!

I did this recipe as my "B" recipe for about 8 mths in 2006. I am going to bring it back!! It is such a showstopper w/o being difficult or anything.
I always warn my hostess's that this may NOT work...and that EVERY microwave is different, so trying it out in your own isn't going to help. I did a show where the girl had the Exact microwave I did and i set it for the same amount of time and it was all over her floor...then she remembered to tell me that her power connection isn't that great!! Gee..thanks!!
I always tell my customers to purchase 2 cake mixes for every 1 container of frosting and their first two are "tests". I also use the medium scoop and do 4 scoops of frosting or about one half the container.
HTH

Deannasbiz said:
I have been doing this at EVERY show and sell at least 3 rice cookers. Lately I have been doing Chocolate cake with 8-10 scoops of peanut butter....it is the BEST!!!!! YUMMMMMOOOOO I might need to do this for my family tonight!

This version sounds AWESOME! I think this is what I'm going to make tonight!

Well...I made the cake...twice.

The first time I left it in just six minutes - it started hissing so I thought I'd better check it, and a knife inserted into the center came out clean. When I turned it out onto the plate it made a monster mess everywhere! I know the minimum time given was seven minutes, but our microwave cooks everything super fast - and it looked done!

I immediately tried it again, but this time left it in for eight minutes. It still didn't hold together very well, but it was definitely done, in fact a bit overdone in a few spots on the outside. But it was GOOD!!

My question is...should this cake have held its shape like a "normal" cake would? Or is it supposed to be ugly but tasty? And how do you tell when it's done? Testing it for doneness like a normal cake didn't work for me at all.

I may just have to try one more time tonight. Lucky for me I bought five boxes of cake mix! ;-)

I always make mine in the bundt stone, always come out done, and ugly but tasty! My favorite is the "snickers" version... a chocoholics dream!

wickednoodle said:
Well...I made the cake...twice.

The first time I left it in just six minutes - it started hissing so I thought I'd better check it, and a knife inserted into the center came out clean. When I turned it out onto the plate it made a monster mess everywhere! I know the minimum time given was seven minutes, but our microwave cooks everything super fast - and it looked done!

I immediately tried it again, but this time left it in for eight minutes. It still didn't hold together very well, but it was definitely done, in fact a bit overdone in a few spots on the outside. But it was GOOD!!

My question is...should this cake have held its shape like a "normal" cake would? Or is it supposed to be ugly but tasty? And how do you tell when it's done? Testing it for doneness like a normal cake didn't work for me at all.

I may just have to try one more time tonight. Lucky for me I bought five boxes of cake mix! ;-)

bump...any suggestions?

What is the Snickers version?
bsaxman said:
I always make mine in the bundt stone, always come out done, and ugly but tasty! My favorite is the "snickers" version... a chocoholics dream!

This sounds yummy -- how do you do the "snickers" version?

TrudysOwn said:
This sounds yummy -- how do you do the "snickers" version?

i so would love the snickers version also, i have a DS who :love: loves snickers, he got a $30 gift card for academy sports for christams and asked me if they had snickers bars there then said he was going to spend his whole card on snickers bars, i told him he was crazy lol!

hmmm, I wondering as well Kristy so bumb!

whenever I have done it it has looked pretty ugly. I have started leaving it in the cooker and just scooping it out. Or you could just call it chocolate ugly cake!!

Related to Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting?

What is a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting?

A Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting is a quick and easy dessert made in the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker. It is a small, personal-sized cake that can be made in just minutes.

What ingredients are needed for a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting?

The ingredients needed for a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting include flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and an egg. For the frosting, you will need powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla extract.

How do I make a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting?

To make a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting, first mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, add in the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into the Micro-Cooker and microwave for 3-4 minutes. While the cake is cooking, make the frosting by mixing together the ingredients in a bowl. Once the cake is done, let it cool for a few minutes before adding the frosting on top.

Can I make a gluten-free or vegan version of a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting?

Yes, you can make a gluten-free Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting by substituting the flour with a gluten-free flour blend. To make a vegan version, you can use a plant-based milk and an egg replacer such as flaxseed or applesauce.

What other variations of a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting can I make?

There are many variations of a Micro-Cooker Cake With Frosting that you can make. You can add in different flavorings such as cocoa powder for a chocolate cake, or spices like cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for a fall-inspired cake. You can also top the cake with different toppings like fruit, nuts, or sprinkles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jla8279
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • taterbug
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies