• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Meijer Stores Selling Stoneware

vs. the distributor buying the product and passing it on.Kohls has dishes that look like SA pieces too...Don't worry about it...business will still be business. When their stoneware breaks and they can't return/replace it, they'll come to you. :)Stoneware sold at retail stores tends to be vastly different from the stones we sell, too. Pre-PC, I had one that my mom got me. It was fine. Until I discovered PC stones. World of difference! So they may look the same on the surface but underperform.Kohls has dishes that look like SA pieces too...Don't worry about it...business will still be business.
itsjustCarla
I was in a Meijer store today and they have quite the selection of white glazed stoneware that look strangely familiar.........I couldn't believe my eyes. :eek: This line has a lot of SA looking pieces too. Geesh.

I was in BB and Beyond today and they're selling our toaster bags and bamboo toaster tongs.

I'm glad to be a part of the company that everyone else wants to be just like!

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery

scottcooks said:

Wow........good point!

scottcooks said:

LOL I wanted to type that last night, but my brain was so fried that I couldn't get the wording right so I gave up.

Great minds think alike.

Kohls has dishes that look like SA pieces too...Don't worry about it...business will still be business. When their stoneware breaks and they can't return/replace it, they'll come to you. :)

Stoneware sold at retail stores tends to be vastly different from the stones we sell, too. Pre-PC, I had one that my mom got me. It was fine. Until I discovered PC stones. World of difference! So they may look the same on the surface but underperform.

janetupnorth said:
Kohls has dishes that look like SA pieces too...

Don't worry about it...business will still be business. When their stoneware breaks and they can't return/replace it, they'll come to you. :)

I've seen these...there are a lot of stores out there with items that are similar, but I find them to be very thin and of course, not as heavy.

Well it's not like PC hasn't taken some other co's ideas and used them for their own... ex. Batter Bowl. My first Batter Bowl from PC was by Anchor Hocking.

Last edited:
just like the food chopper that's been on TV lately that too looks very familiar.. :)

colegrovet said:
just like the food chopper that's been on TV lately that too looks very familiar.. :)

I just saw that one last night and it made me mad! LOL

chefshawna said:
I just saw that one last night and it made me mad! LOL

Slap Chop?? LOL That guy is annoying!!!

Some of the stones you see are mainly for baking bread.

How much are meijer stones?

If I remember right......their 9x13 like ours was $21-$29 range.......honestly, I don't remember, but there were a variety of sizes. I will look more closely next time.

Well I can see too, but I just was curious. Basically if they're more expensive then we know what to say. If they're cheaper than ours, we can always say that we offer the Pampered Chef quality and the guarantee.

Doris wrote in her book "The Pampered Chef" about the Anchor Hocking sales rep and wanting to purchase the batter bowls. She didn't rip off the idea. "She wrote to the local distributor, enclosing a business card. Thinking he had a good lead, a salesman called to set up an appointment to visit me."
It goes on to say he called to get her address, but he drove around in circles because he couldn't find the office. Fifteen minutes late he calls and says he's confused because there is only a house on the corner. When she confirmed that she was working out of her home she "could hear the disappointment in his voice. But he was close by and said he would be right there."

She says the salesperson was alternately annoyed and amused because she was so intent on purchasing the batter bowls. She didn't want all of the other items he was pitching. She bought the minimum the company would allow which was $250 telling him "Everyone loves your Batter Bowls, so you can expect a lot of reorders from me, sir."

Years later she ran into him at a housewares show. He was "amazed at how well she had done...saying he walked out thinking what a waste of time." Doris replied that "he was very gracious and he didn't give that impression at all."

He goes on to say he teaches sales reps that lesson..."never prejudge a prospective customer. And be respectful to the small ones because from little acorns mighty oak trees grow." (as of 2005...To date we have sold millions of batter bowls.)

The book states that's the concept of Pampered Chef. They find the best products available, teach customers how to use them, and sell them at reasonable prices.

I hope I didn't sound like a know it all, but I think it's neat how the company started.

Elaine, thank you for sharing that story. There's a big difference between products you buy at stores and our products....US! There's definitely a value add by trying and learning how to use the product before you even buy it. They also buy the product not in an impersonal store but at their friend's home (or their own for a catty show).

1. Can I purchase Pampered Chef stoneware at Meijer stores?

Yes, Meijer stores sell a variety of Pampered Chef stoneware products. You can find them in the kitchenware section or in the specialty food aisle.

2. Are all Pampered Chef stoneware items available at Meijer stores?

Not all Pampered Chef stoneware products are available at Meijer stores. However, they do carry a selection of popular items such as the Large Bar Pan and the Rectangular Baker.

3. Are the prices the same for Pampered Chef stoneware at Meijer stores as on the Pampered Chef website?

No, the prices may vary slightly between Meijer stores and the Pampered Chef website. We recommend checking both options to find the best deal.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef host rewards or consultant discount at Meijer stores?

No, host rewards and consultant discounts are not applicable at Meijer stores. However, Meijer may offer their own sales and discounts on Pampered Chef stoneware products.

5. Is there a warranty on Pampered Chef stoneware purchased at Meijer stores?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited warranty on all stoneware products purchased at Meijer stores. If you experience any issues, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • SusanBP0129
  • Products and Tips
Replies