• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Bridal Fair Experience: To Bag or Not to Bag?

Hand out info piece by piece.In summary, the conversation was about how to distribute information at a bridal fair. Various opinions were shared, including giving bags with multiple items, handing out information piece by piece, and sending information after the fair. It was suggested to include a recipe card or postcard with information to make it more memorable for the brides. The consensus was to cater to individual needs and avoid wasting materials by giving too much information in one bag.
chefallison53
So, I have a huge bridal fair this weekend. I was wondering if I should bag up stuff in the catalog bags like an old catalog, flyers, ect. or if I should hand out info piece by piece. Any opinions?

Bump.... Bump...

I haven't done a bridal fair yet but I would possibly just give the bridal registry flier and if you have old catalogs, try those just to get rid of them. I would also give them a recipe card, I make 2x4 labels with information and some kind of special through a certain date on the label. Don't spend too much money because you never know that they will actually contact you.

I think personally handing them the info that "fits" their needs would be the most beneficial.

Make sure you get their info so you can follow up! The $$ is in the follow up...don't expect them to call you!

I have the Nancy's bags still and I would put a catalog (right now old ones to get rid of them!!) and a wedding brochure and either a quickut paring knife, season's best or orange peeler along with a business card and coupon. I would make the brides fill out a survey slip before handing them a bag, that way you can follow up with them!! It's a little more expensive than other ways, but you'll be remembered better!

pamperedtraci said:
I have the Nancy's bags still and I would put a catalog (right now old ones to get rid of them!!) and a wedding brochure and either a quickut paring knife, season's best or orange peeler along with a business card and coupon. I would make the brides fill out a survey slip before handing them a bag, that way you can follow up with them!! It's a little more expensive than other ways, but you'll be remembered better!

I use plain bags, and I don't give a free gift. Just the same, old catalog, wedding registry, business & recipe card, coupon, etc. they do fill out the survey I have, so they get the bag.

As a vendor, I'm tempted to say, "put together bags." So they have all the info they need and can get excited about what we have to offer.But as a participant (went to a couple of bridal fairs with my sister when she was planning her wedding), something that large and expensive would be a waste of materials. We gathered things from every vendor, and most of it went into the trash. I do suggest that you put a recipe on what you hand out - people will keep a recipe. And staple or paper clip everything together. A bride may throw out the registry brochure if that's all she's got in her hand, but if she sees it with a recipe card or postcard with recipe and list of our other offerings, she may just keep the packet and call you. But something big that's in a bag is likely to get pitched without being opened.

I do my best to talk with each person, ascertain their needs, and hand them what they need.

chefann said:
As a vendor, I'm tempted to say, "put together bags." So they have all the info they need and can get excited about what we have to offer.

But as a participant (went to a couple of bridal fairs with my sister when she was planning her wedding), something that large and expensive would be a waste of materials. We gathered things from every vendor, and most of it went into the trash. I do suggest that you put a recipe on what you hand out - people will keep a recipe. And staple or paper clip everything together. A bride may throw out the registry brochure if that's all she's got in her hand, but if she sees it with a recipe card or postcard with recipe and list of our other offerings, she may just keep the packet and call you. But something big that's in a bag is likely to get pitched without being opened.
I agree with Ann, when I was getting married I got alot of information. Then when I got home I kept all the stuff I wanted to look through more and threw the rest away. That's why I suggested the bridal registry info and a recipe card with a label on it.

How many bags would you make?

When I do a bridal fair, I send stuff out after the fact. I go by drawing slips and send according to their needs and then just send a mini catty and letter with the ones that registered for the fair.

Any advice on the number of bags to make?

DEFINITELY piece by piece.Some will want a catalog.Some will want a wedding registry flier.Some will want a mini.Some will want a biz card.And some want nothing at all! DEFINITELY have a drawing for a free prize or basket of door prize items and little stuff ... that is a great way to collect info! If you can, ask them to put their wedding date on the slip.I've been calling brides from a fair held over a month ago and some STILL haven't gone through that big bag of stuff they got at the fair! It makes a bigger impression if they pick up your info themselves.

chefallison53 said:
Any advice on the number of bags to make?
See if the organizer of the event has a # of pre-registered brides to give you an idea. My team did an event in Jan and all three of us ran out of materials (over 1000 brides). We just did another event a few weeks ago & I had lots of leftovers. The event wasn't nearly as big but I was over prepared! I give out the registry flyer, mini spring catalog & a flyer that I made up with info, coupon, etc. We had separate drawings - 1 for everyone to enter, the 2nd with bigger gifts for those brides registering on the spot! We each had 15 on the spot registries, some that have edited their list so they should be viable. Others it seems were just in it for the prize. This was at the first fair we did in Jan. The 2nd one no one registered on the spot. Strange how different they were.

When I have done Bridal shops or our county fair I have put together envelope "gift" paks and gave them to interested takers. In it I would put my biz card, recipe card, coupon for their 1st order and a Hosting incentive coupon and a post card with the wedding registy info on it.

I would bring a bunch of EMPTY bags, then as you're talking to people, fill the bag with info that would directly help them! I did this at a Diva Mall & it worked quite well! People collected "stuff" from other booths, but my bag with the PC logo on it was EVERYWHERE!! I will definately do it this way again. I have lots of leftover bags that people give me or I get with orders. I think you can order them on a supply order too. Do the Catalog bags have our logo??

sarahlegare said:
I would bring a bunch of EMPTY bags, then as you're talking to people, fill the bag with info that would directly help them! I did this at a Diva Mall & it worked quite well! People collected "stuff" from other booths, but my bag with the PC logo on it was EVERYWHERE!! I will definately do it this way again. I have lots of leftover bags that people give me or I get with orders. I think you can order them on a supply order too. Do the Catalog bags have our logo??

No they don't, but I have stickers I can put on them!

What is "toBag or Not to Bag?"

"toBag or Not to Bag?" is a campaign by Pampered Chef to encourage customers to reduce their use of plastic bags by using reusable bags instead.

Why is it important to reduce the use of plastic bags?

Plastic bags are harmful to the environment and take hundreds of years to decompose. By reducing their use, we can help protect our planet and wildlife.

How can I participate in the "toBag or Not to Bag?" campaign?

You can participate by purchasing and using one of our reusable bags, and by spreading the word to your friends and family about the importance of reducing plastic bag usage.

What are the benefits of using a reusable bag?

Reusable bags are not only eco-friendly, but they are also more durable and can hold more items than a plastic bag. They are also easier to carry and can save you money in the long run.

Can I still recycle plastic bags if I don't use them for groceries?

Yes, you can still recycle plastic bags at designated recycling centers or at participating grocery stores. However, reducing their use is still the best way to help the environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • Kelly8