• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Efficiently Serve Larger Parties with the 30 Minute Chicken Demo?

Ditto Becky - last show I trimmed a sample of each for them onto the appetizer plates and put one garlic bite one each too.
I decided to have the 30 Min Chicken as my demo in Dec along with the Cinnamon Roll Christmas Tree. I told my hosts if they had 12 guests then I would make the garlic bites.
Anyway I got to thinking that I didn't want to serve just chicken so I made the garlic bites bigger for sandwich bread. People didn't seem to like this much.
I had 8 people and there was barely enough chicken for them!!! What am I going to do with my bigger parties to have enough to go around. Any suggestions from the people who do the 30 min chicken? How do you serve the food.

I also didn't feel like I showed enough products. What other products do you use?
I did sell 2 Bakers though!
I already sent the recipes to the hosts so I can't have them buy more food, and I don't want to spend any money adding to it myself.
Help would be great!

Make sure the host knows (and passes it along to the guests) that the food at the show is a taste, not a meal. That's the biggest thing that's helped me "lower" expectations about the food. In fact, when I was at an expo last week speaking to prospective hosts, if they mentioned a meal, I would clarify and tell them that the food was a vehicle for demonstrating the tools and was meant to be a taste. These were people who hadn't even booked yet! But I figured I'd get less resistance if I nipped that in the bud.

Related to that, check the time you're starting your shows. If it's too close to a typical meal time, then the guests will assume that you're serving a meal.

I did a show a few weeks ago and the host said she was expecting 14-16 guests and I had intended on making the 30 min chicken. I told her that I would supply one chicken and already have it prepped and ready at my house, and when I got to her place I would start it immediately. Then with the chicken she bought I would "demonstrate" how the chicken was done. Inf fact the chicken that I brought first was done and resting before any of the guests even got there, so when I started my 'demo", I asked them all how they liked the chicken, oh, it was so delicious, blah blah, then I asked them if they would believe it was done in the microwave and they didn't believe it! I then demonstrated how it was done and I told them it would be perfect for their christmas shopping, and that I was going to save them $50 every time they went shopping and didn't want to mess w/ dinner at 6pm so they decided to eat out...I told them they could prep it the night before and have it ready and then by the time they got home they could pop it in the microwave, then go back get all their packages out of the trunk, get situated and changed and by that time dinner was going to be almost ready! I think I sold 3 that night! It really worked!

I had a show with 7 and the 30 min. chicken and garlic bites (although a sample) fed them pretty well.The key is to have the host have something else there. You are a demonstrator not a caterer. You are not selling food, you are selling products. If the crowd is large, have your host have a PC dessert ready for them.

chefann said:
Related to that, check the time you're starting your shows. If it's too close to a typical meal time, then the guests will assume that you're serving a meal.

Good point! I tend to do 6:30 evening shows (after dinner) and 2:00 W/E shows (in between lunch and dinner so they've usually eaten).

When you serve the chicken do you serve it on sandwiches or by itself?

When I've made the chicken, I just let everyone hack at it and have some, and then I make the cinnamon version of the bites for on the side.

chefann said:
When I've made the chicken, I just let everyone hack at it and have some, and then I make the cinnamon version of the bites for on the side.

This is what I do too - but I do the parmesan/garlic bites. (basically because then I show the microplane, and the garlic press.)

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I do too - but I do the parmesan/garlic bites. (basically because then I show the microplane, and the garlic press.)

Ditto Becky - last show I trimmed a sample of each for them onto the appetizer plates and put one garlic bite one each too. Then they could go back for "seconds". It took me a few minutes to serve, but they were browsing the catalog and I think it helped control the portion sizes so all got a taste.

1. How can I make sure my chicken stays moist and flavorful during the 30 minute demo?

One tip for keeping your chicken moist is to marinate it beforehand. You can also baste the chicken with a mixture of butter and herbs during the cooking process to add flavor and prevent it from drying out. Another trick is to cook the chicken in a covered dish or foil packet to trap in moisture.

2. How can I serve a large number of people in just 30 minutes?

To serve larger parties, it's important to have all of your ingredients prepped and organized beforehand. You can also use a grill or slow cooker to cook multiple batches of chicken at once. Another option is to have a sous chef or helper to assist with plating and serving the chicken.

3. What are some creative ways to dress up the chicken for presentation?

There are many ways to elevate the presentation of your chicken dish. You can use fresh herbs, colorful vegetables, or a drizzle of sauce to add visual appeal. Another idea is to make a simple garnish, such as a lemon slice or edible flower, to place on top of the chicken.

4. How can I ensure that my chicken is cooked thoroughly in just 30 minutes?

Using a meat thermometer is the best way to ensure that your chicken is cooked thoroughly. The internal temperature should reach at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken to check for any pinkness.

5. Can I use different types of chicken for this 30 minute demo?

Absolutely! This demo can be adapted to use different cuts of chicken, such as breasts, thighs, or drumsticks. You can also use a combination of chicken and other proteins, such as shrimp or tofu, for a more diverse dish. Just make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • tabnat80
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • babywings76