• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: Tips for Giveaways and Prizes in Your Own Show

It'll get better. Consider this getting some of your "no's" out of the way.Did you CALL them? People often MEAN TO get back to you but then get into other things and time gets away from them. We always need to follow up. Use this as a host coaching moment. Tell the story to your hosts when helping them on who to invite to stress that she needs to remind people about her party and ask, not just give notice.
TheFreddiesCook
and giving away the free products and half-price product as prizes... Have you done this?

What if the sales are not enough? What do you tell the customers then?

If sales are good, do you only pick one winner for all the free products?

Advice, please!

if you are doing it strictly on what the show sales are, you could give away a percentage to 2 or 3 people and when you get to $300 give a 1/2 price item. I am doing a recipe tasting and I have gathered some "doubles" to give away. I am giving a new fall product to anyone hosting a show that will be purchased at their show. I am thinking the new cook books, or bamboo slotted spoons, or the new rub or sauces. I plan on having a gift certificate for each date in September I want to book. The closer dates will get a more expensive product.

I'm doing the same thing, I'm having a "Grand Opening" / mystery host type show, and am doing several raffles. Could I get some feedback on my invite? It's not fancy cause I'm going to email this version, and have made lables for mini-cats to mail, but I want people to SHOW UP! Can you tell me what you think?

Attachments

• grand opening_mystery host.doc
    68 KB · Views: 680
I like it, you let them know your goal, your raffle ticket system is well spelled out, maybe you should note what products you are raffling?

Good luck!

It was a Mystery Host show that I attended when I not only ordered over $100 in products, but won the drawing for the $60 in Free products on top of what I bought....and less than a week later, I signed on as a consultant!Hope yours goes as well as my now Directors did! ;-)

TheFreddiesCook said:
and giving away the free products and half-price product as prizes... Have you done this?

What if the sales are not enough? What do you tell the customers then?

If sales are good, do you only pick one winner for all the free products?

Advice, please!

Well, I sadly announce that after sending the notice of my show/sale to about 100 people, ( had it open for a week) , DID NOT GET ONE SINGLE ORDER!!!!

How's that for feeling frustrated and wanting to hang up the towel with this business?

TheFreddiesCook said:
Well, I sadly announce that after sending the notice of my show/sale to about 100 people, ( had it open for a week) , DID NOT GET ONE SINGLE ORDER!!!!

How's that for feeling frustrated and wanting to hang up the towel with this business?

Did you CALL them? People often MEAN TO get back to you but then get into other things and time gets away from them. We always need to follow up. Use this as a host coaching moment. Tell the story to your hosts when helping them on who to invite to stress that she needs to remind people about her party and ask, not just give notice.

It'll get better. Consider this getting some of your "no's" out of the way.

I did not have a phone number for everyone... I just sent e-mail twice... All these people are the bulk of my customer base... It's everyone I've met!

Just like we tell our customers, you have to pick up the phone and call.

Kai I like your invite. My only suggestion would pe to separate it out.... Make more bullet points and lists instead of having so much paragraph form. I really like all of the information and how open yet professional you were about your goals. And don't forget to pick up the phone and call people.

You definitely HAVE to call people...this is a business based on personal relationships....

I had a super slow month in April so I decided to have an "open house" style show at my home. I mailed out mini catalogs to every house in my subdivision (120) with a sticker I made explaining how I live in the neighborhood and I had started my business recently (I started late February). I figured mailing them out would be better than leaving them on the porch since some people just throw away stuff on the porch. I included all of my contact info including my website and asked for RSVP's.
I only had TWO people show up and the TWO people were my next door neighbor who is my best friend and another friend from around the corner......I was sooo bummed and discouraged!
I wish now that I had put my kids in the wagon and went door to door but I can only hope that at least one person out of all of the invites I sent out kept my info and someday will contact me :) Even ONE person out of all 120 people could lead to MANY more contacts down the road!Keep positive and remember that out of all of the people you sent the invites to there are bound to be a least a few who will now have PC on the mind now- you should try to contact the people by telephone (the ones you have numbers for) and let them know that you missed them at the party but still wanted them to know about all of the fantastic new items and current host/guest specials :)

Kai--
I like it, you have provided some enticing information! Best of luck!

I hate making calls but it's true, you do need to make them. I once heard on a training CD, "It might be convenient for you to send an e-mail, but you know what's convenient for her? Saying no."

1. What is "Doing My Own Show"?

"Doing My Own Show" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to host and lead their own cooking demonstration parties with the help of a consultant. This gives customers the opportunity to earn free products and discounts while sharing their love for cooking with their friends and family.

2. How do I book a "Doing My Own Show" party?

To book a "Doing My Own Show" party, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit the Pampered Chef website to find a consultant in your area. From there, you can schedule a date and time for your party and work with your consultant to plan the details.

3. What is the hostess rewards program for "Doing My Own Show"?

The hostess rewards program for "Doing My Own Show" allows the party host to earn free products and discounts based on the total sales from their party. The more products sold at the party, the more rewards the host can earn.

4. Can I customize the menu for my "Doing My Own Show" party?

Yes, you can customize the menu for your "Doing My Own Show" party with the help of your Pampered Chef consultant. They can provide you with a variety of recipes to choose from and assist you in creating a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions.

5. Do I need to provide any cooking equipment for the "Doing My Own Show" party?

No, the Pampered Chef consultant will bring all the necessary cooking equipment and tools for the demonstration. However, if you have any specific equipment or tools that you would like to use, you can discuss it with your consultant beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • Admin Greg