• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Efficiency: PDA Programs for Business on the Go

In summary, the conversation is about the use of PDAs for business purposes and the compatibility of PP programs with PDAs. Some individuals in the conversation have experience using a PDA for business while others are considering purchasing one. There is also discussion about the possibility of a PP program specifically for PDAs and the challenges faced when trying to install PP on a laptop. Some individuals have contacted HO about the PDA program and there is a mention of someone's husband creating a PDA program that looks like PP. The conversation ends with a recommendation to wait for the P3 update instead of installing the new disk.
calebsmom0822
Hey everyone....sorry I haven't been around much...just getting adjusted with the temp. move to Miami...:)

Just wondering...do any of you use a PDA for your business??? I'm seriously considering purchasing one...however, do we need to have a PP program specifically for a PDA?? I think this would make it much easier to take to Shows..rather than a laptop. What do you all think???

PP can already be PDA - Pretty Darned Annoying.

That would be fantastic, but no, they don't have it available for PDA's. Poor Mac users are still trying to get a version for them! LOL!

I do use a PDA, but obviously not for entering shows, etc.

Kitchen Guy....you're hilarious..and so right!!!

Rebecca...thank you for your input...maybe we should suggest it to HO??? PDA's are much more easier to lug around than laptops...once you get used to the tiny screen and "pricking" with the pin on the "on screen" keyboard..haha Thanks again!!

Maybe we should, although I have a feeling they are overwhelmed right now with P3. :)

here is an interesting question...

I have loaded PP+ (or P3) onto my desktop PC and now have a laptop to use, and when I try to install onto my laptop, it says it is unable to process...:confused: my laptop is windows based as is my desktop. Is PP+ (or P3) one of those finiky programs that has a special version for laptops??? I know some programs dont run on laptops as smoothly as normal desktop PC's (CS2 for one...my Acrobat acts strange...)

What's the op sys on the desktop and the opsys on the laptop? You may be running into a version requirement.

Did you update your laptop with the most current info from PP? Meaning, did you transfer your data from the desktop to the laptop first? Then install P3. I did it on my laptop and it worked fine.

No but it maybe that my windows updates do not want to recognize the new software...

BTW I run XP Pro on both...

Op sys should be okay, then, so maybe Rebecca has it goin' on for ya.

This looks like a job for supergeek...er, uh I mean DH...

Pp
thechefofnorthbend said:
here is an interesting question...

I have loaded PP+ (or P3) onto my desktop PC and now have a laptop to use, and when I try to install onto my laptop, it says it is unable to process...:confused: my laptop is windows based as is my desktop. Is PP+ (or P3) one of those finiky programs that has a special version for laptops??? I know some programs dont run on laptops as smoothly as normal desktop PC's (CS2 for one...my Acrobat acts strange...)

I ran the older version on both my laptop and desktop, but not sure about P3.

I only use a laptop and did not have any problems getting it to install on it.

Tracy

I just got off the phone with tech support, and there is a problem with the P3 updater that they're working on. They hope to have it up around noon (CT) today (Jan 30).

So are we supposed to install the new disk... or wait??

My husband has written PDA programs for work, and he started a PP program for the PDA... made it look like PP... After getting the new one...he was like..."Hmmm, what about the PDA program I wrote"
I have contacted HO about the PDA program...I'd love for them to PAY my husband to do it!

I'll just brag a bit...all of Michelin is using his PDA program for the Industrial Engineers to do time studies... when a new Ind.Eng. is hired, he now gets a PDA, because of my husband's program. Yep...I'm proud of him! He did it at home until it got far enough to pitch it to his boss...and his boss said go with it!

EDIT>>> I have to make it clear... he didn't finish it...so I , nor anyone else, was able to use it...I don't want to get in trouble for some copyright thing. He started and never finished...I would love to have it though...guess I won't now that it is so different!

The guy I spoke to said to wait. He mentioned that it's a problem only for existing consultants. Which I didn't understand, since P3 will try to update for new consultants, too.

Related to Maximizing Efficiency: PDA Programs for Business on the Go

1. How can PDA programs help me maximize efficiency in my business on the go?

PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) programs can help you stay organized and productive while working remotely. With features such as task lists, calendars, and contact management, these programs make it easy to manage your business from anywhere.

2. What types of PDA programs are available for business use?

There are many different PDA programs available for business use, including task management apps, calendar apps, note-taking apps, and contact management apps. These programs can be downloaded onto your smartphone or tablet for easy access on the go.

3. Can PDA programs be synced across multiple devices?

Yes, most PDA programs offer the ability to sync your data across multiple devices. This means you can access your information and make changes on your phone, tablet, or computer and have it updated on all devices.

4. Are PDA programs secure for storing business information?

PDA programs often have security features such as password protection and data encryption to keep your business information safe. It is important to choose a reputable program and regularly update your device's security software to ensure the safety of your data.

5. How can I choose the right PDA program for my business needs?

When choosing a PDA program, consider your specific business needs and look for programs that offer the features you require. You can also read reviews and ask for recommendations from other business professionals to find the best fit for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Shawnna
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • PChefPEI