• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering the Why Box: Tips and Ideas for Maximizing Success in Your Show

In summary, Carolyn provided a summary of why bags and how they can be successful. She suggests including a bra in the bag to show support to guests, but also cautions against offending anyone. Others have had great success with using a why bag, including adding in a rubber band to demonstrate flexibility and support.
vogee13
I was wondering if anyone could help me find tips and ideas related to making a why box. Specifically, what do you put in your why box? How do you work the why box into your show? What kind of success have you had using your why box? TIA:D

I dont know how much success I have had with the why bag but I put a
pic of pots and pans and talk about all the free stuff we can earn,
a christmas tree debt free Christmas,
CD for the support we can get as consultants
Soccer play book it pays for my kids dance, soccer, tee ball and swimming lessons without having to take out of our regular budget (people are usually surprised by that one)
rubber band for the flexibilty.

At the begging of the show I have them all take something out of the bag and then when I have a quite moment during my demo I have someone hold an item up and then we talk about it.

If you search, there's a couple threads about this & a bunch of us listed what we put in them.
I think it's a fun, laid-back way to do your recruiting segment. I enjoy using mine.

Searching...I have tried a couple different word searches but must not be using the right words since I couldn't find the thread. Any suggestions?

I love the idea of the "why bag". I put one together and used it for awhile, but I didn't really like it. I just sprinkle throughout the demo. (Course I'm not a successful recruiter either, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me) I used the Creative Cutter set idea (do a search for that). It was very clever!

None of those things worked for me and my style. I know being successful means working outside the box sometimes, but I don't want to feel fake or forced in my presentation. That part always made me feel canned. That's just this one consultant's experience. Many other people have had MAD success with this idea. PLEASE, don't put a huge bra in your's!!!

Here's the outline I made for my Why Bag

Attachments

• WHY Bag.doc
    22 KB · Views: 511
Carolyn, that is a FANTASTIC outline....I love the bra!!!!! I have used a why bag for a few months with good success, but I am going to have to add that one in!

Wow! I really like these ideas. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Actually, the bra idea was mentioned in a call last week by Marla and Jean that people (guests are offended) and calling HO about consultants using it as a visual.

People are offended by that? I thought it was funny! Hmmm... I guess you never know when you might offend someone. Hopefully most people would take it with a smile - even if they aren't interested in the opportunity.

I have been thinking about using a Why Bag and love the outline - thanks for sharing it!

The BraWell...I think a bra is a better idea than a jock strap:D :eek:

CRAZY! Have you all seen the commercial about breast cancer and the "support" that women got during their treatments??? It is them thanking their "bras".....their support people through a difficult time! I think it is an amazing commercial.....
guess you just never know what people are thinking. I would tell a consultant if I were offended rather than calling HO! I am going to try it at my shows and put in a disclaimer that the bra was the only visual I could come up with to show how truly supportive PC is to us and it is not meant to offend anyone!

Teresa Lynn said:
Actually, the bra idea was mentioned in a call last week by Marla and Jean that people (guests are offended) and calling HO about consultants using it as a visual.
That's crazy, I can't imagine that there were THAT many people who were SO offended that it would cause Marla & Jean to comment on it.......maybe we should check this one out on Snopes? LOL :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL Linda! I can't believe they said people are offended! I have one in my bag & it always just brings laughs:)

I use a rubber band instead of the bra to demonstrate the flexibility and support we get.And I have to say, it does not surprise me one bit that HO got complaints. It's just in bad taste. I can honestly say, my guests would be horrified if I did this. I'm certainly not a prude, but there is a time and place for everything, and we are not that kind of home party...Plus, I think it's a credibility issue as well. If I saw a consultant do this at any kind of DS show, I would automatically think that she doesn't take her business seriously. Even if it is a joke, it's in bad taste is is bound to offend some people.And it doesn't just reflect the consultant who does this. It effects all of us! Hosts and Guests don't know what we are asked to say at our shows. They could think that HO is promoting this behavior and think negatively about PC as a whole.I guess I'd rather be remembered as the consultant who put on an awesome show, not the one with who whipped out a bra during her demonstration.Just my $.02...

I use a 9 by 9 accordian fold album with photos of lots of these things. It has photos of: my kids, PC product, my dream car, notes from my upline, my team, etc. Each page has a die cut of the word "why" and a small journaling block.

yankeeinontario said:
I use a 9 by 9 accordian fold album with photos of lots of these things. It has photos of: my kids, PC product, my dream car, notes from my upline, my team, etc. Each page has a die cut of the word "why" and a small journaling block.

That is a great idea. Thanks everyone for their input!! I love brainstorming as I read post.

yankeeinontario said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! Maybe this will be something we do at our Spring Kick-Off!!!!! What a great project!!!!

Where did you get the die cuts of the word "why?"

yankeeinontario said:

I love this idea too....

I haven't done the WHY bag either - I tried, and it's just not me. My director doesn't do one, and neither does my SD....and they have both said it's not for them either.

But a journal - I think that would be nice!

And Colleen, I totally agree that I'd rather be remembered as the consultant who did an awesome show!:chef:

Sad that our previous generations have shamed us so much that we'd take offense at seeing a bra.Are we not mostly women at these parties?Makes me want to hold a show during intermission at the Vagina Monologues.

lacychef said:
LOL Linda! I can't believe they said people are offended! I have one in my bag & it always just brings laughs:)
I guess it all depends on how it's presented. I don't use a 'Why Bag' at my shows, and I've never seen a consultant demonstrate one either so I have no experience with this one. I can just picture it in my head - and in my scenario it is hilarious! I guess after reading some of the other responses I can also see how it could be presumed as tacky too.

dianevill said:
Well...I think a bra is a better idea than a jock strap:D :eek:

I think it's the size of the bras we are all using, as a joke, gigantic ones. Many large breasted women are extremely self-concious of their breast size and the fact that their chests might fit these bras and everyone is laughing at the size/shock-factor of it, could be terribly embarassing. Esp. when in mixed company.

Just giving a devil's advocate. I'll bet a training bra would be less "offensive"?

Carolyn thanks for sharing your WHY bag. I have only used mine a few times - just doesn't feel right yet. But I heard that if you use it at near the end of your show it could feel more comfortable?

I used a photo of my sweet puppy that I was able to buy my family using my PC money. :)

I just spent today (we are snowed in mostly) reworking my recruiting album! I'm so excited about it too! I took the things that were in my why bag and made them into scrapbook pages. I showed my mom and she thinks it's so much more effective than the why bag! I'm going to give it it's first try at my show on Thursday!!!!!

Related to Mastering the Why Box: Tips and Ideas for Maximizing Success in Your Show

1. What is a Why Box?

A Why Box is a tool used in the Pampered Chef business to help consultants understand their why or purpose for working with the company.

2. How does a Why Box work?

The Why Box is a physical box that contains cards with different prompts and questions related to your why. Consultants can use the box to reflect on their goals, motivations, and passion for their business.

3. Why is it important to have a Why Box?

Having a Why Box can help consultants stay focused and motivated in their business. It serves as a reminder of their purpose and can also help them identify any changes they may need to make in order to align with their why.

4. Can I make my own Why Box?

Yes, you can make your own Why Box using any type of container and creating your own cards. However, Pampered Chef offers a pre-made Why Box that is specifically designed for consultants.

5. How often should I use my Why Box?

It is recommended to use your Why Box at least once a month to reassess and remind yourself of your why. However, you can use it as often as you need to stay connected with your purpose and motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • georgiegirl