• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Marrying Atkins, Pampered Chef and Thanksgiving Into One Recipe?

In summary, the host is on Atkins and has not cheated since she started this summer. The guest wanted to bring a dish to the host's home, but did not know what to make. The guest came up with a salad made of three beans, pork tenderloin in a DCB with a Smoky Barbecue Rub, and Mexican Cheese Crisps. The guest also reminded the host that she cannot have sugar, tomatoes, corn, bread, or potatoes on Atkins. The guest also brought rice crackers and eggs.
magentablue
I wanted to bring a dish to a family member's home. I am excited about my business and would like to show off with a PC recipe, but above all, I want to respect the host who is on Atkins and hasn't cheated once since she started this summer.

Any ideas?

Remind me/us again, the "rules" of Atkins?

No carbs. No tomatoes, no corn, no bread, no potatoes, etc. Basically meat and fat are the only things I remember people eating when they were on it. I know I can't make the turkey! :/ I also have to travel about an hour to get to her house, so it needs to travel well, whatever I make.

Off the top of my head, I don't know of any recipes, but nothing says it has to be a PC Recipe either. Any recipe can work- just put it in your PC products. Not sure what you have though. For me, I have bamboo platters and bowls, or Simple Additions, etc.A 3-bean salad was the first thing that came to mind.

Hot broccoli dip with rice crackers or low carb veggies

I did the pork tenderloin in the DCB with Smoky Barbecue Rub for our home school organization's Thanksgiving Dinner tonight. It was hit and was wiped out. I put a layer of sliced onions then topped it with the tenderloin. Added salt, pepper & rub. Microwaved for ten minutes; pierced the tenderloin with a knife then microwaved another ten minutes. It's so tender & juicy!!Not sure if this would work, but I think it might would.

hot artichoke dip?

I've done Atkins a few times. The BBQ rub - does it have sugar in it? You cannot have sugar, ketchup, any type of sweet sauce. Even the onions are marginal. Rice crackers are a no as well. The high fat dips are good. Artichoke dip should be a better choice. Eggs are good, as well as full fat cream cheese, so maybe some sort of egg casserole or frittata with meat and cheese and veggies in it?Does she make any of the Atkins recipes for bread? There is one on http://www.lowcarbfriends.com that makes like a flatbread. If she prepares that for you beforehand, you can top it like you would a bar pan crescent roll recipe - like cool veggie pizza or one with more meat in it.

Mexican Cheese Crisps!

Isn't there a broccoli slaw type salad with raisins and splenda that is Atkins friendly did it years ago.

Eight sesame seed RICE crackers will count as eleven grams of carbs and satisfys the crunch craving and is well within the limit for carbs per day if your friend is in the Phase 2 of Atkins. I take my rice crackers with me (small ziploc bag in my purse) to parties and if I eat them all ok, if not they are saved for the next time.

Devilled Eggs made with the easy accent decorator and travels well in a cold (not frozen) cool and serve tray

How about hummus with a variety of veggies???? yummmy!

Related to Marrying Atkins, Pampered Chef and Thanksgiving Into One Recipe?

What are the benefits of incorporating Atkins, Pampered Chef, and Thanksgiving into one recipe?

Combining these three elements can result in a delicious and satisfying low-carb meal that is perfect for the holiday season.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to make an Atkins-friendly Thanksgiving meal?

Yes, many of Pampered Chef's cookware and kitchen tools are perfect for creating low-carb dishes. Our non-stick cookware and baking stones are great for roasting vegetables and our spiralizer can help you make zucchini noodles for a low-carb pasta alternative.

What are some ideas for incorporating Atkins into traditional Thanksgiving dishes?

Some options include making a cauliflower mash instead of mashed potatoes, using almond flour instead of breadcrumbs in stuffing, and creating a low-carb pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

Can I find Atkins-friendly recipes on Pampered Chef's website?

Yes, our website has a variety of recipes that are suitable for those following the Atkins diet. You can also filter recipes by dietary restrictions to find even more options.

Are there any special tips for successfully marrying Atkins, Pampered Chef, and Thanksgiving into one recipe?

Be sure to read through the entire recipe before starting and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools on hand. Also, don't be afraid to get creative and make substitutions or adjustments to suit your personal taste and dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DMB75
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Tropicalburstqt2