• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Marks on Micro-Cooker

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I have had a few customers complain about their micro-cookers getting "pitted" after using them.

I know it's from overcooking high fat foods, right? Are the marks just burnt on residue or is the plastic actually damaged?

Is there any danger in continuing to use them?

I told the customer who called me this morning that I would find out.

luvs2sellit

Advanced Member
Feb 14, 2005
I don't know what the marks are from but I know it is not from high fat foods. The only thing I cook in mine is vegetables and oatmeal. I just recently melted chocolate in it for the first time but mine has had marks for a while.

janel kelly

Advanced Member
Feb 19, 2005
Mine has had marks on it for awhile too. I read a thread on this website once awhile ago and someone explained why they eventually get marks. It doesn't affect the way they cook. They probably will eventually need to be replaced. Fortunately they aren't expensive so its not that big of a deal.

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
I know I read somewhere that youshouldn't melt things the whole way, like chocolate and butter. You're supposed to melt them until almost melted and then stir it until completely melted. I wonder if that's what it's from. My have gotten the same way, and I wonder if that's the problem! :rolleyes:

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
pcjulie said:
I know I read somewhere that youshouldn't melt things the whole way, like chocolate and butter. You're supposed to melt them until almost melted and then stir it until completely melted. I wonder if that's what it's from. My have gotten the same way, and I wonder if that's the problem! :rolleyes:

Julie Myers
Denver, PA
I still use the brown microcookers and have no marks or pitting in them and I go vegetables, chocolate, butter, hamburger, etc. in them. I do let the butter and chocolate finish melting by stirring but the hamburger is fatty too... :confused: