• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

March 2008 Host and Guest Specials Announcement for Your Personal Web Site

In summary, the PWS team is trying to come up with new ways to announce specials so that Consultants don't get spammy e-mail addresses.
chefann
Gold Member
HO figured out that we frequently refer to the "New PWS" email for upcoming specials. This was in today's:

*** The script(s) below will be ADDED to the Home Page and customizable areas of your Personal Web Site:

The March 2008 Host and Guest Special scripts will be announced in the February 2008 Personal Web Site maintenance e-mail.

*** The following image(s) will be ADDED to the home page gallery:

The March 2008 Host and Guest Special images will be announced in the February 2008 Personal Web Site maintenance e-mail.

DARN!

He-he...only a matter of time.It's not our fault they e-mailed the information to us!!!! ;)

LOL - I was just reading that and thought the same thing....let's hope they don't catch on to all of our tricks!

Don't they normally not announce the "new season" stuff until February anyway? Just in case it's a new product on special??

That's right. It'll actually be in the Special Edition Newsletter that comes in the changeover boxes.

And did you see this? I know some people were talking about this before...I didn't realize they did this.

PERSONAL WEB SITE TIP OF THE MONTH!
Did you know that when you send out e-invitations and/or Customer Connection e-mails to a large number of recipients, not all e-mails are sent out at the same time? To protect Consultants from being listed as a "spammer" by your Internet provider (and/or other Internet providers), we separate and send your e-mail contacts into smaller groups. For example, if you were to send out a Customer Connection e-mail to 500 guests, we will separate those e-mails into smaller groups (depending on the number of e-mail addresses).

That's a lot of splitting. Some ISPs use 10 as the threshhold for Spam.

chefann said:
That's a lot of splitting. Some ISPs use 10 as the threshhold for Spam.

That's what I was thinking too!

Yeah, I don't think they split it on that low of a level. I have sent out invites from my website to about 40 people and over half of them didn't get it!

It's because it will all be announced in Cincy!

sfdavis918 said:
Yeah, I don't think they split it on that low of a level. I have sent out invites from my website to about 40 people and over half of them didn't get it!
I have added myself to my show invite lists several times - I hardly ever get the email.....I do not trust PWS for invites.

Do any of you remember...When we would get the Host Specials with the "blanks" on them when a new product would be on it. Then they would update it after the new products were introduced. We would advertise saying something like, check out the March Host or Guest specials. We have a wonderfull assortment of scrapers at 10% off. And a new product to be introduced on March 1 will also be discounted." Some such nonsense until the blank was filled in.
Or am I just imagining that it was that way. I still think there were blanks. I don't have any of my old ones becasue it just got to dang clutered in my files. (Not to mention my mind! Which is currently shot to blazes!)
I lost my car keys last night. Could not find them to save my soul this a.m.
Pat called me at 9:10 and asked how I got to work because my keys were sitting right in front of the chair I sit in EVERY MORNING drinking coffee. (I had the spares in my desk so I grabed those.)
(Explains a heck of a lot about me, don't it!) I mean GEEZ! It stinks getting old!

pampered1224 said:
When we would get the Host Specials with the "blanks" on them when a new product would be on it. Then they would update it after the new products were introduced. We would advertise saying something like, check out the March Host or Guest specials. We have a wonderfull assortment of scrapers at 10% off. And a new product to be introduced on March 1 will also be discounted." Some such nonsense until the blank was filled in.
Or am I just imagining that it was that way. I still think there were blanks. I don't have any of my old ones becasue it just got to dang clutered in my files. (Not to mention my mind! Which is currently shot to blazes!)
I lost my car keys last night. Could not find them to save my soul this a.m.
Pat called me at 9:10 and asked how I got to work because my keys were sitting right in front of the chair I sit in EVERY MORNING drinking coffee.
(I had the spares in my desk so I grabed those.)
(Explains a heck of a lot about me, don't it!) I mean GEEZ! It stinks getting old!

Oh John, I can so totally go there with you! One time, I called my mom to come all the way from the other side of town to find my keys for me - which happened to be laying on the back of the couch in plain sight, where I had put them.:blushing: :eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh John, I can so totally go there with you! One time, I called my mom to come all the way from the other side of town to find my keys for me - which happened to be laying on the back of the couch in plain sight, where I had put them.:blushing: :eek:

I found a little device at Carson Pierre Scotts -- made by Totes, it's a Key-Finder. You attach it to your Key Ring and when you lose your keys, you Whistle....it chirps.

Bought it for my daughter as a stocking stuffer! LOL....

I lost my keys the other night and my 3 yr old dd kept telling me they were in the car. I had left them in my ignition. Good thing my car was in my garage

jwpamp said:
I found a little device at Carson Pierre Scotts -- made by Totes, it's a Key-Finder. You attach it to your Key Ring and when you lose your keys, you Whistle....it chirps.

:blushing: :blushing: what if you can't whistle? :eek: :eek:

Jennie4PC said:
I lost my keys the other night and my 3 yr old dd kept telling me they were in the car. I had left them in my ignition. Good thing my car was in my garage

LOL - I've done that one too Jennie!

My husband just rolls his eyes. He is so used to it....and my purse - we've had to go back to so many places to get it because I leave it...or my sunglasses...or coat....now, when we are out anyplace, he goes through the list before we leave - "Do you have your purse, your keys, your...."
I once had a friend ask me if it irritated me that he did that to me - but I really appreciate it - he knows me, and he's just looking out for me. (and himself - so we don't have to make return trips to out of the way places!)

:blushing: Yeah, guilty of that too... Actually, I believe my DS PURPOSELY moves them on me! For awhile he would take them and play with them when we weren't looking. I'd HAVE to hang them up above his head. Now the he doesn't, I'm back to tossing them wherever when I get home and losing them. (Usually they fall off a table or I toss them on the arm of the couch with a jacket and when I go to hang up the jacket, they fall off into the couch cushion).

ChefBeckyD said:
:blushing: :blushing: what if you can't whistle? :eek: :eek:
That's ME!!! I can't snap either. My hubby makes fun of me. :)

You need to clap to turn on your lights to see where your whistle is hanging up. Blow it and then find your keys. ;)

Jennie4PC said:

Not as bad as leaving them in the lock on your front door! I don't know how many times we've opened the door the next morning and there my keys are. It's always when I have my hands full and just pushing the door open to drop the groceries on the counter, then the door gets shut. Lovely, someone could break into the house and then steal my car.:eek:

I lost the remote control to the DVR/satelite dish. I had to go buy another one! It's in the house somewhere!

jwpamp said:

I had one of these long ago. It chirped any time someone sang or talked loudly. ROFL! :D My favorite time was in church and every time the preacher got really loud my chirper would go off. This was some time back so I'm sure they've gotten much better with the technology. I'd love to find a new one, myself. Actually, I'd like one of those new tags--what are they called? It's like GPS or something and you can tag everything in your home so that you can see where it is from your computer. I need that SO badly!

janetupnorth said:
You need to clap to turn on your lights to see where your whistle is hanging up. Blow it and then find your keys. ;)

ROFL! :D

Related to March 2008 Host and Guest Specials Announcement for Your Personal Web Site

What is "Awww, Ho Is on to Us"?

"Awww, Ho Is on to Us" is a fun and interactive game designed to bring friends and family together in the kitchen. It features delicious recipes, entertaining challenges, and lots of laughs.

What age range is this game appropriate for?

This game is appropriate for all ages, but it is especially popular among adults and older children who enjoy cooking and friendly competition.

Do I need to be a good cook to play this game?

No, you do not need to be an expert chef to play "Awww, Ho Is on to Us". The game is designed for all skill levels and focuses more on having fun and spending time with loved ones rather than cooking abilities.

Can I play this game alone?

"Awww, Ho Is on to Us" is meant to be played with a group of people. It is a great activity for parties, family gatherings, or just a fun night in with friends.

What is included in the game package?

The game package includes a variety of recipe cards, challenge cards, and game cards. It also comes with a timer, scorecards, and instructions for how to play. All you need to provide is the ingredients and some willing participants!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JeannePaff