• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mammogram Results - Praying for Good News

in summary, Janet's mammogram revealed an area that requires additional imaging. Her mother's cancer was slow-moving, so Janet is hopeful that the new imaging will show nothing. If it turns out to be cancer, her mother's cancer was slow-moving, so Janet is hopeful that the new imaging will show nothing. Her dh is Italian, so Janet jokes that he might shoot her daughters if they ever try to leave her. Stay positive, people!
Great news.

Why did they send a letter instead of calling though?

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Yippee!! Janet.. so glad things are GREAT!! Go celebrate!! Jump for joy.. And Thank God!!

dianevill said:
Yay Janet! I was told I'd get a call by today if there were issues, and so far, no call!

Thanks again for the kick in the butt to go get that done!

You're welcome! :)

pamperedlinda said:
Great news.

Why did they send a letter instead of calling though?

They just seem to do that at this place...it bugs me sometimes, especially when it is bad news not good.

When I was pregnant with #1, I had my glucose tolerance testing done. 2 weeks later I was in for my regular appointment and my OB said, "Well, how is the diet going for you?" I said, "Diet, what diet?" He said, "Oh my, you really failed your second glucose test 2 weeks ago and should have been on a strict diet already!"

Needless to say I was rushed around the clinic for the next hour making sure it was all done and in place! ...and it taught me to demand test results if I didn't have them within a week!

Janet I am so glad and thankful that everything is normal. I know you must be as well.

God is good...but you already knew that!

I have good news, too~my Dad is cancer free as of his last PET scan! The oncologist had told us the lymphoma was aggressive but understood how to ract to the chemo, so she was good to her word! Only God knows how long we get to keep Dad around now, but I'll take it!

chefmeg said:
God is good...but you already knew that!

I have good news, too~my Dad is cancer free as of his last PET scan! The oncologist had told us the lymphoma was aggressive but understood how to ract to the chemo, so she was good to her word! Only God knows how long we get to keep Dad around now, but I'll take it!

Yeah Meg - what a relief!!!!

Janet, good for you, what a relief!

Glad for the good news.

Yeah Janet and Meg! Such super news!

<h2>1. What are the most common reasons for receiving a letter stating that additional imaging is required after a mammogram?</h2><p>The most common reasons for receiving a letter like this are that the mammogram showed an abnormality or an area of concern that needs further examination. This does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong, as many abnormalities end up being benign. However, it is important to follow up with additional imaging to be sure.</p><h2>2. Is it common for mammograms to show abnormalities or areas that require further imaging?</h2><p>Yes, it is common for mammograms to show abnormalities or areas that require further imaging. In fact, according to the American Cancer Society, about 10% of mammograms require further evaluation. This is why it is important to have regular mammograms and follow up on any abnormalities.</p><h2>3. What are the chances of an abnormality found on a mammogram turning out to be cancer?</h2><p>The chances of an abnormality found on a mammogram turning out to be cancer are actually quite low. According to the American Cancer Society, only about 1 in 10 women who are called back for additional imaging are diagnosed with breast cancer. Most abnormalities end up being benign, but it is important to follow up with further evaluation to be sure.</p><h2>4. How often should women get mammograms?</h2><p>The recommended frequency for mammograms varies depending on age and risk factors, but in general, it is recommended that women start getting mammograms at age 40 and then continue every 1-2 years. Women with a family history of breast cancer or other risk factors may need to start getting mammograms earlier or more frequently.</p><h2>5. What can I expect during a mammogram?</h2><p>During a mammogram, you will be asked to undress from the waist up and put on a gown. The technologist will position your breast on a special platform and compress it between two plates to get a clear image. This may be uncomfortable, but it only lasts a few seconds. You will then be asked to change positions for images of your breast from different angles. The entire process usually takes around 20 minutes.</p>

1. What are the most common reasons for receiving a letter stating that additional imaging is required after a mammogram?

The most common reasons for receiving a letter like this are that the mammogram showed an abnormality or an area of concern that needs further examination. This does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong, as many abnormalities end up being benign. However, it is important to follow up with additional imaging to be sure.

2. Is it common for mammograms to show abnormalities or areas that require further imaging?

Yes, it is common for mammograms to show abnormalities or areas that require further imaging. In fact, according to the American Cancer Society, about 10% of mammograms require further evaluation. This is why it is important to have regular mammograms and follow up on any abnormalities.

3. What are the chances of an abnormality found on a mammogram turning out to be cancer?

The chances of an abnormality found on a mammogram turning out to be cancer are actually quite low. According to the American Cancer Society, only about 1 in 10 women who are called back for additional imaging are diagnosed with breast cancer. Most abnormalities end up being benign, but it is important to follow up with further evaluation to be sure.

4. How often should women get mammograms?

The recommended frequency for mammograms varies depending on age and risk factors, but in general, it is recommended that women start getting mammograms at age 40 and then continue every 1-2 years. Women with a family history of breast cancer or other risk factors may need to start getting mammograms earlier or more frequently.

5. What can I expect during a mammogram?

During a mammogram, you will be asked to undress from the waist up and put on a gown. The technologist will position your breast on a special platform and compress it between two plates to get a clear image. This may be uncomfortable, but it only lasts a few seconds. You will then be asked to change positions for images of your breast from different angles. The entire process usually takes around 20 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies