1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Making calls

1. rebajoe

rebajoe Novice Member Silver Member

Hi

I was wondering, do any of you make calls on Friday evenings? (for customer care calls, to get bookings, calling referrals, etc.) I haven't yet. For those of you who do what is the reaction you get? Do people mind that you are calling on a Friday evening?

Thanks
    Rebajoe

Sep 11, 2009
  2. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I don't usually, just because I often can't get in touch with people and am often working Friday nights anyway. Usually I do Sunday nights or Saturday mornings. Don't always reach people then either ...

Sep 11, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I do. Well, I didn't tonight because I was working feverishly to get ready for a PC shower tomorrow morning. I had a show last night and worked all day, so I had to get everything switched over to shower stuff tonight.

Sep 11, 2009
  4. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

I hate making calls any day of the week. I always feel like I'm a telemarketer and I am intruding. :( I stay away from Friday nights and Monday nights. Sunday evenings are good, because everyone has had their weekend, and now they are switching gears for the new week.

5. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I don't really pay attention to the day that much. When I do call, I greet them, and the first thing I do is ask "is this a good time?" This gives them an out right off the bat and they don't have to feel guilty about not taking the call. And if they do say it isn't a good time, I make sure I take all guilt away by ensuring them that's fine, and asking when would be a better time.

Sep 11, 2009
  6. rebajoe

rebajoe Novice Member Silver Member

Thank you all for your responses. This site is GREAT!!!

Rebajoe

Sep 12, 2009
  7. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Honestly it doesn't matter WHEN you call, within reason of course, because some people will be busy or not home no matter when you call. Call when you can & when you're thinking about it! As Nora said, as long as you are asking them if its a good time for them you're ok. Good luck!

Sep 12, 2009
Have something to add?