• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Room for Your New Black Item: Reusing Old Items

In summary, the new Pampered Chef Tool Turn About bag will hold more weight and rotate better, but the size is the same. The white one will be kept on the counter for pens, pencils, markers, and other supplies used during regular activities. The black one will be used for shows only and will be stored in a tool turn about bag.
jrstephens
What is some good uses for our old one once we get the black one? What are yall going to do?

Mine is here. I could fill them both but my counters are getting full.

I'm going to bleach mine really good to make it really white again, and then hot glue some pearls on it to use at my Bridal Showers and Fairs.

I am going to keep the white one on the counter, and the black one ready to go in my crate. I will keep the new season stuff in the black one, to simplify my packing.

Robin

Why the change to Black?? Luckily I still have my white one from my previous Pampered Chef adventure to use at bridal shows.

I have one in my scrapbook room because they are PERFECT for this stuff, and I also have one in a kitchen cabinet to hold my kids' craft stuff (crayons, markers, popsicle sticks) so I can just pull the one thing out instead of 8 different containers. I don't use one in my kitchen because I have crocks holding all my untensils, but the new black one will be for shows only...

I have one under my bathroom sink that holds my nail files, lotions, make up brushes etc.

Is the new one going to fit in the Tool Turn About bag?

Yeah I don't know. I personally don't like them on kitchen counters. I think they look messy. I like them for shows and the bathroom would be a great idea under the sink. The black will look great at shows and the white well...a kids room, an office...I am sure we'll find a place for it...LOL

quiverfull7 said:
Is the new one going to fit in the Tool Turn About bag?

Perfectly! The rotating ring is bigger now, extends all the way to te edge on the TTA, but the actual diameter is the same.

Robin

Thank you! I am SO glad to hear that. I earned my bag with the PC bucks from this fall and I love that bag.. I'm SO glad it will still work. How is it bigger then... or do they say it holds more weight since the rotating ring is improved?

It holds 5 more pounds of tools!

To me it looks exactly like the white one other than the ring around the bottom. I think it holds the same amount of tools, it will just spin better now with more weight in it.

I'll probably leave the white on my counter and pack the black for shows.

I'm going to put my white one on my desk for my pens, pencils, markers, etc. I love sharpies and I have just about every color in varying thicknesses. Now they'll all be in one place instead of in drawers where they are hard to get at. I can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!!!!

hoosierchef said:
Why the change to Black?? Luckily I still have my white one from my previous Pampered Chef adventure to use at bridal shows.
Consultants and customers have been requesting a color other than white for ages. The white gets dirty and looks a little cheap in kitchens with black or stainless appliances. Lots of people were hoping for one in brushed stainless, but it would have been really expensive.

Ann, I'm still hoping for that brushed stainless one!

I'm with Gillian...I have one with my scrapbook stuff and one for the kids crafts. LOVE them!

Me personally, I was super excited about the change to black. We have all of our appliances in black, so this will match so much better than the white one. I'm going to clean up the white one and use it in my craft room. The black one will go into the kitchen!

rebeccastt said:
I'm going to put my white one on my desk for my pens, pencils, markers, etc. I love sharpies and I have just about every color in varying thicknesses. Now they'll all be in one place instead of in drawers where they are hard to get at. I can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!!!!

A few years ago we were able to earn a terra cotta colored TTA. I have that in my office and it holds MY extensive Sharpie collection along with pens, pencils and scissors.

DebbieJ said:
I'll probably leave the white on my counter and pack the black for shows.

Same here. All of the new gizmos will be packed in it, too, so I'll have less to try to remember to pack for my shows. :D

Black is greatI was hoping for a black one. All my kitchen appliances are black. It will match!!

The white ones will be given to the kids for their craft stuff (pencils, markers, colors, glue, rulers, scissors, etc)!

I might even take one to church to hold the utensils we use every Sunday for our community meal.

I am going to get two tool turn abouts in black to replace the two white ones I have in the kitchen. So if anyone has an extra one they would like to sell me, because I can only get one in the sample package, let me know!!

Debbie :D

Although I would prefer the new TTA in a choice of both White and Black, I must say that the new one is so much easier to turn. I have transferred all the new Kitchen Tools and the Forged Cutlery, and Chef's Tongs to it. I'm keeping the White with the smaller items. When it comes to my Shows, I will be taking the new version with the latest tools. I'll fill in the lower spaces with the pens, hand tools and some TWIX-ITs for color.

I have separate TTA's for my Quilting, Watercolor Painting, and Scrapbooking.

I think they should have kept them in white too, so, people would have a choice of what matches their kitchen.

I thought about sending out an email announcing it would be in black in March, so, anyone that needs white needs to order it in Feb.

I have FIVE in my house.

2 in my kitchen, one for gadgets and tools, the other for cooking utensils and bamboo;

1 for crayons, markers, glue, scissors, etc. for little ones (the glue bottle fits perfectly in the larger slot).

And 2 for our main bathrooms, that hold toothbrushes, hair brushes, q-tips, hair gizmos, tooth paste, deorderant, just about anything that will fit. We keep ours on the counter, because if it wasn't nothing would get put away! :p

I am on the bandwagon with those that wish they would have ADDED the black to the line instead of replacing the white one. Black is not for everyone, and now it won't work for bridal shower stuff, because you can't sell it. :(

HTH!

I vote for a cranberry one and some cranberry twix-it clips. It would match my kitchen perfectly.

They have had both of those in the past! Maybe someone has some they don't want anymore...

I know I have cranberry twix-its, but I wouldn't give them up for anything!

In my kitchen (small apartment kitchen) I have a cabinet above the stove with a pipe going through the middle of it for the vent.... the Tool Turn About fits in there! So I'll put my old one up there and empty one of my tool drawers (yes, ONE of! I have a small drawer and a big drawer FULL of tools and I can't get anymore in them!!!! lol And then I have a TTA filled in my crate, plus a couple handfuls of tools in my bin for "backups"... lol yes, I'm pathetically addicted!! lol)

good ideas, all of you! My utensil space in my drawer is a little over the top these days, maybe I can put them in the old tta and stuff it in a cabinet somewhere...but where?! I have PC stuff everywhere! Whenever I get new stuff, Bryan yells, "WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE KITCHEN STUFF!!!" to which I reply, "Au contraire, mon frere!"
I just need to make sure to stash it all somewhere pretty much immediately. He hates it when I just leave it on the kitchen table for days (was someone talking on one thread about cleaning/organizing?!)

speedychef said:
good ideas, all of you! My utensil space in my drawer is a little over the top these days, maybe I can put them in the old tta and stuff it in a cabinet somewhere...but where?! I have PC stuff everywhere! Whenever I get new stuff, Bryan yells, "WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE KITCHEN STUFF!!!" to which I reply, "Au contraire, mon frere!"
I just need to make sure to stash it all somewhere pretty much immediately. He hates it when I just leave it on the kitchen table for days (was someone talking on one thread about cleaning/organizing?!)

That's the problem I have. My kitchen is poorly designed, and there are only 2 drawers and 1 narrow drawer. So I put a plastic bin in one of the cabinets as the "tool drawer", except it filled up way too fast! And DH told me that I have to get rid of half of my PC stuff! So I moved a lot of it to the basement. It's not convenient now, but I'm redesigning the kitchen for next year. (yay!)

chefann said:
Consultants and customers have been requesting a color other than white for ages. The white gets dirty and looks a little cheap in kitchens with black or stainless appliances. Lots of people were hoping for one in brushed stainless, but it would have been really expensive.

Thanks Ann! That's what I was really wondering. Do you think they are going to continue the white as a Consultant supply for those who do Wedding Shows? They sure make a great looking Wedding Cake! ;)

DebbieSAChef said:
I might even take one to church to hold the utensils we use every Sunday for our community meal.

EXCELLENT idea Debbie~~

hoosierchef said:
Thanks Ann! That's what I was really wondering. Do you think they are going to continue the white as a Consultant supply for those who do Wedding Shows? They sure make a great looking Wedding Cake! ;)
I don't think it will be available to consultants. Order a couple before the end of February for yourself and current/future cluster!

I have three in use in my kitchen and one in my kit. (Go ahead and say I have too much stuff. I just consider myself prepared for anything!)

My old white one will find a place with my "I don't use it often, and it's not in my kit, but I need to be able to get to it" tools. Everyone has those, right?

Do all of the TTA come apart like my new one does? When I took it out of the box yesterday the whole bottom wasn't attatched to the rest of it. Is it me or is is supposed to be this way?

I am going to start using my new one at my shows NOW and the old one put my door prize stuff in it.:)

I'm using my new one starting now at my shows....teaser for the new products! I already gave my old one to my son so he can (hopefully) get all his markers, pencils, paint brushes, scissors..... in one spot! He was very excited and has already got it filled-up and adding stickers on it!

Jilleysue said:
Yeah I don't know. I personally don't like them on kitchen counters. I think they look messy. I like them for shows and the bathroom would be a great idea under the sink. The black will look great at shows and the white well...a kids room, an office...I am sure we'll find a place for it...LOL
I put my white one in the cabinet. I agree....I dont' like it on my counter. It's cluttered enough as it is. I adjusted my shelf in the cabinet so it fits under the first shelf. Now that we'll have the black one, I'll just keep that with my show stuff, as well as all the redesigned tools. It'll be cool because I won't have to keep switching between the one for my kitchen and the ones for shows!

I would almost rethink using the white one at all...When we got the special one in the PC cinnamon color, I had to put it back at home and never took it to shows again! Even after explaining that it was a special gift I earned, I actually had several people accuse me of false advertising because they could not get it in that color too! I stick to a very strickt rule of thumb now becasue of that. If we do not offer it in the catalog, I will NOT take it to a show for any reason.
Oh and just a note, brushed steel may look great but touch it once and it holds the finger prints then looks like crap forever after. Unless you want to polish it up after every show and every use, forget about it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • chef_kimmo