• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Marshmallow Chicks (Peeps) with GMA Recipe

In summary, my grandma just called me looking for a recipe to make her own marshmallow chicks (Peeps). The recipe is on the GMA website, and I'm sure the store-bought versions are not kosher. If you want to make your own, this guide shows how.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
My Grandma just called me searching for this recipe from Good Morning America. If you want to make your own marshmallow chicks (Peeps) here is the video showing it. The recipe is on the GMA site...

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2966758

My Mom loooooooves Peeps!!

I love fresh peeps!

I love them too...just don't know if I would ever take the time to make HOMEMADE ones! I am sure they are way better, though, without all of those preservatives!

PEEEEEEPS! \o/...of course, Peeps are always better when they're a few weeks/months stale. *sage nod* Must let them get nice and chewy.

I loooove Peeps too!

I used to say that if I could change the world one way, I'd want Peeps available all year long. (A little selfish, I know.) It's pretty close to that now! You can get Halloween, Christmas... Yum.

Oh man I'm going to have to try this. I have not had peeps in like 7 years since they aren't kosher.

Wow, that looks like a quite a bit of work!!

tlennhoff said:
Oh man I'm going to have to try this. I have not had peeps in like 7 years since they aren't kosher.
I don't know all of the in's and out's of kosher...if you used this recipe and used your kosher tools, it would be OK for you? If so, that would be great since you aren't able to eat the store bought Peeps!!

KellyTheChef said:
I don't know all of the in's and out's of kosher...if you used this recipe and used your kosher tools, it would be OK for you? If so, that would be great since you aren't able to eat the store bought Peeps!!
I'm not jewish, but I think the kosher thing has something to do with the gelatin that is is most marshmallows.....don't read the next line if you don't want to know what is used to make gelatin.....
it comes from the pig....I'm not sure which part....and I don't want to know....

KellyTheChef said:

There is a kosher gelatin that I can get and use at a local kosher market. Everything else in the recipe is easy to get kosher. So yep, if I made these I could have peeps for the first time in years. I'm going to make these as a treat for myself after passover.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm not jewish, but I think the kosher thing has something to do with the gelatin that is is most marshmallows.....don't read the next line if you don't want to know what is used to make gelatin.......

LOL, yeah where gelatin comes from is pretty gross. There is a kosher fish gelatin version available but I frequently substitute agar-agar for gelatin which is probably what I'd try in this recipe the first time.

Related to Make Marshmallow Chicks (Peeps) with GMA Recipe

1. How do I make the marshmallow chicks (Peeps) with the GMA recipe?

To make the marshmallow chicks (Peeps) with the GMA recipe, you will need 4 ingredients: unflavored gelatin, sugar, corn syrup, and water. Begin by blooming the gelatin in water and heating the sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan. Add the bloomed gelatin to the sugar mixture and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Pipe the mixture into chick shapes and let them set for at least 4 hours before serving.

2. Can I use different flavors for the marshmallow chicks (Peeps)?

Yes, you can experiment with different flavors by adding extracts or food coloring to the marshmallow mixture. Just be sure to add them in small amounts and adjust to your liking.

3. How long do the marshmallow chicks (Peeps) keep for?

The marshmallow chicks (Peeps) can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. However, for best results, it is recommended to consume them within 2-3 days.

4. Can I use a different shape for the marshmallow chicks (Peeps)?

Yes, you can use any shape you desire for the marshmallow chicks (Peeps). You can use different cookie cutters or even mold the mixture by hand. Just make sure to grease the molds or cutters before piping the mixture in.

5. Can I make the marshmallow chicks (Peeps) without an electric mixer?

While an electric mixer will make the process easier, you can still make the marshmallow chicks (Peeps) without one. You can use a hand whisk or a balloon whisk to beat the mixture until it becomes fluffy. It may take longer, but the end result will still be delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jnsr96
  • sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies