• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

MailChimp vs. iContact: Comparing Costs and User Experience

In summary, Mailchimp is more popular and has a free version, but iContact is cheaper and has a more user-friendly interface.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I need to reduce my costs and am very interested in Mailchimp...anyone have experience with both companies? I am very very happy with iContact I'm just not happy with the price, and MailChimp is much more wallet-friendly.

Would love feedback!

PamperedK said:
I need to reduce my costs and am very interested in Mailchimp...anyone have experience with both companies? I am very very happy with iContact I'm just not happy with the price, and MailChimp is much more wallet-friendly.

Would love feedback!

I too have been considering the same! Looking forward to the feedback!

I use MC, and used to use iContact. It's been a while thoug. Check out the links at the bottom of the page for previous discussions.

Thanks! I tried searching but the search on this forum is strange...That really helps - I think I'm going to make the switch! $25 / month is a LOT of money if there's a free version available.

iContact has a free version for under 500 now too... how many contacts do you have?

I have over 1500 not including my team.

The only thing I'm not sure about with mail chimp is uploading contacts. I like that I can copy and paste into icontact. It looks like I either have to go one at a time or upload a cvs file in MC.

When I was talking to their tech support yesterday they told me I have to keep records of customers opting into my newsletters. I tell people when I'm at my shows that if they put their email address down they will be included in my mailing list but theres no opt in or out option. Do you think that's an issue??

I always figured them putting their email address down on my order form or drawing slip was an implied "opt-in". On my order form, I had "for newsletters and specials" in small print under the line for email address so they knew what it was for.

I think you do have to import a CSV file but it's only one step more to create the excel file and save.

PampChefJoy said:
I always figured them putting their email address down on my order form or drawing slip was an implied "opt-in". On my order form, I had "for newsletters and specials" in small print under the line for email address so they knew what it was for.

I think you do have to import a CSV file but it's only one step more to create the excel file and save.

Ok thanks.

Yeah I'm just lazy. :p The way I do things now, I send a Thank You email the day after a show, so I just copy the emails from the "Bcc" line of my email, so they're not all in list form, which makes it harder to paste to excel...but not a big deal, just one tiny step...I think that's worth saving $25 / month!

Ok I transferred all my contacts and sent my July specials through MC. I'm going to test it out over the next couple of days but I think I'm going to make the switch!

I want to try MC and have signed up for it, but seriously don't get how I am supposed to get my newsletter in the right format to send.

PamperedK said:
I have over 1500 not including my team.

The only thing I'm not sure about with mail chimp is uploading contacts. I like that I can copy and paste into icontact. It looks like I either have to go one at a time or upload a cvs file in MC.

When I was talking to their tech support yesterday they told me I have to keep records of customers opting into my newsletters. I tell people when I'm at my shows that if they put their email address down they will be included in my mailing list but theres no opt in or out option. Do you think that's an issue??

MC considers a paper sign-up as opt-in. They do not consider a phone conversation (Customer Care Call) an opt-in. They do this because they keep their good white list status by minimizing spamming as much as they can.

heather223 said:
I want to try MC and have signed up for it, but seriously don't get how I am supposed to get my newsletter in the right format to send.

Which newsletter are you using? Do you have a particular issue that's coming up?

NooraK said:
MC considers a paper sign-up as opt-in. They do not consider a phone conversation (Customer Care Call) an opt-in. They do this because they keep their good white list status by minimizing spamming as much as they can.

Ok great, thanks!!

NooraK said:
Which newsletter are you using? Do you have a particular issue that's coming up?

I use Erika Soelberg which is emailed to me. I don't have a particular issue, just have no idea where to start now that registered on their site. Thank you for your help! I am usually pretty good at computers, but this baffles me!

Heather, I'm in the same boat. I don't know how to take what she e-mails to me and put it into MC either. Right now, I just send it out in groups from my e-mail.

Right now I use a private Yahoo Group, but would like to be able to track it. I don't like the HO newsletter.

Do you have Outlook on your computer? You could open the email in Outlook, then click "View Source" in the options, then copy the HTML from there, which you can then paste into MC. I have personally done this successfully with HO Customer Contact emails.

I use an online HTML editor to tweak my mailings, since MC doesn't have a WYSIWYG editor: Online-HTML-Editor.org - The free online WYSIWYG Editor!

I have not tried it this way, but you could copy the information from the newsletter, then paste it into the editor, then use the editor to obtain the HTML code to paste into MC. There is a button next to the Paste icon in the editor (looks like <>) for accessing HTML. If I have HTML to paste, I click that button, then paste my data there. After editing, I click it again to get the edited HTML.

In case you're wondering, WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get

Related to MailChimp vs. iContact: Comparing Costs and User Experience

What is the difference between MailChimp and iContact?

MailChimp and iContact are both email marketing platforms that allow businesses to create and send email campaigns. However, MailChimp offers a more user-friendly interface and is better suited for small businesses, while iContact has more advanced features and is better for larger organizations.

Which platform is more affordable?

Both MailChimp and iContact offer pricing plans based on the number of subscribers on your email list. However, MailChimp offers a free plan for businesses with less than 2,000 subscribers, while iContact has a minimum monthly fee. Therefore, MailChimp is generally considered more affordable.

Can I import my contacts from one platform to the other?

Yes, both MailChimp and iContact allow you to import contacts from other email marketing platforms. However, the process may differ slightly between the two platforms, so it's best to consult their respective help centers for specific instructions.

Which platform has better email automation capabilities?

iContact is known for its advanced automation features, including trigger-based campaigns and advanced segmentation options. However, MailChimp also offers a range of automation tools, such as email series and abandoned cart emails.

Is one platform better for e-commerce businesses?

Both MailChimp and iContact have features specifically designed for e-commerce businesses, such as product recommendations and purchase follow-up emails. However, MailChimp has a more user-friendly interface and is generally considered a better fit for small e-commerce businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • NooraK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
bridedream
  • NooraK