• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

MailChimp vs. iContact: User Feedback and Cost Comparison

In summary, MailChimp allows you to create shortened URLs for posting on social media, has a badge to advertise the service, and has a WYSIWYG editor for pasting in HTML from other sources.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'd like to get some feedback on how people who use MailChimp are liking it. I currently use iContact, but I'd love to get away from having a monthly fee.

I love MC. It has all the features of iContact, but I don't have to pay for it. I can even create shortened URLs for my web-version newsletters for posting on FB, and MC gives me stats for it.

The only thing I missed was having a WYSIWYG editor after I pasted in the HTML from TT, but then Joy showed me an online WYSIWYG HTML editor, and I use that: Online-HTML-Editor.org - The free online WYSIWYG Editor! (click the <> icon for a window to paste HTML in).

So have you figured out how they can afford to offer this service for free? Are there ads and sales e-mails or something that you get? Do they offer extras that you can just decline or something?

There was a post in their blog about it a while back. There is a MC "badge" at the end of my emails to advertise the service, but iC had that too. My understanding is that they get enough of their clients to sign up for paid services, that it allows them to provide a limited service for free for clients with smaller lists.

Thanks for the info! :)

Can I import my email address list from my comcast address book? I don't know how else to move this information over to chimpmail.

Most email programs will have some kind of an export feature that will put the data into a .csv file, which you can then import into MC. If you call the tech support for Comcast, they should be able to help you figure out how.

Great info; thanks for asking about it Amanda!

NooraK said:
Most email programs will have some kind of an export feature that will put the data into a .csv file, which you can then import into MC. If you call the tech support for Comcast, they should be able to help you figure out how.

Thank you! that will be my next stop.

So when I have my newsletter emailed to me, how to I send it to my customers using MC?

heather223 said:
So when I have my newsletter emailed to me, how to I send it to my customers using MC?

I open the newsletter in Outlook, and then use the options menu to view the Source. I take that HTML, edit anything I want in an online HTML editor, and then paste the edited HTML into MC for sending.

What are the main differences between Mail Chimp and Icontact?

Mail Chimp and Icontact are both email marketing platforms, but they have some key differences. Mail Chimp is known for its user-friendly interface and free plan for small businesses, while Icontact offers more advanced features and customization options for larger businesses. Additionally, Mail Chimp has a focus on design and creative templates, while Icontact has a strong emphasis on data and analytics.

Which platform is better for beginners?

If you are new to email marketing, Mail Chimp is a great option. It has a simple drag-and-drop editor and offers a free plan for up to 2,000 subscribers. It also has a lot of resources and tutorials to help beginners get started. However, if you are looking for more advanced features and are willing to invest in a paid plan, Icontact may be a better choice.

Can I import my contacts from one platform to the other?

Yes, both Mail Chimp and Icontact allow you to import contacts from other platforms. Mail Chimp has a step-by-step guide for importing contacts, and Icontact offers a data import service for an additional fee. Keep in mind that there may be some differences in the way contacts are organized and managed between the two platforms, so it's best to familiarize yourself with both before making the switch.

Which platform has better customer support?

Both Mail Chimp and Icontact offer various forms of customer support, such as live chat, email, and phone support. However, Icontact is known for its exceptional customer service and offers a dedicated account manager for their higher-tier plans. Mail Chimp also has a large online community where users can ask and answer questions, making it a great resource for support and troubleshooting.

Can I integrate Mail Chimp or Icontact with other tools or platforms?

Yes, both Mail Chimp and Icontact offer integrations with other tools and platforms. Mail Chimp has a wide range of integrations, including social media, e-commerce, and CRM platforms, while Icontact has fewer but more specialized integrations. It's important to research and make sure the integrations you need are available on the platform you choose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • NooraK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • NooraK