• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I increase attendance at my cooking show during rainy weather?

In summary, bad weather can significantly impact attendance at events, especially outdoor ones. To encourage guests to still attend despite rain, consider offering incentives or a rain plan. Low attendance may make it challenging to reach sales goals, but focusing on providing a great experience for the guests who do attend can mitigate this. Rescheduling may be necessary in severe weather, but for light rain, it may be best to continue with the event and make the most of the guests who do attend. To prevent low attendance at future shows in case of rain, have a backup plan and consider offering virtual options for guests who cannot attend in person.
leahevanson
Gold Member
Hi All,

I did a cooking show last night at 6pm. On the way to the host's house (35 miles from mine) it started to pour. I normally check the weather, but I forgot to check the weather at HER house. She had 15 people RSVP as definite "yes's", and 6 showed up:(. I hate driving in the rain, and it looks like a lot of other do too! She has hosted before and her last show was over $1,000. Despite all our hard work (and extra food), she only received a little over $200 from the show:yuck:. After everyone left, I encouraged her to call some of the guests and hit them up at work to get those extra orders. She was incredibly excited about the extra FPV this month, and I thought for sure she would have way over $500. Any ideas? I think we are both disappointed.
Thanks!

I would keep the show open for no more then a week. Encourage her and check in with her in a few days about orders. Let her work for the show. Tell her to contact her friends/family and says she's working to get orders to $500 to earn the special for this month (extra FPV).

I find that when people KNOW you are aiming for a goal, they love to help out.

HTH

I find weekends in the summer are really hard to get people to attend. I wouldn't keep it open for longer then a week either.

1. Why is attendance at my Pampered Chef show low when it rains?

Bad weather can often affect attendance at events, as people may choose to stay home instead of venturing out in the rain. This is especially true for outdoor events.

2. How can I encourage guests to still attend my show despite the rain?

Consider offering incentives or discounts for guests who still brave the rain to attend your show. You could also offer a rain plan, such as moving the event indoors or providing umbrellas for guests.

3. Will low attendance negatively impact my sales?

While low attendance can certainly make it more challenging to reach your sales goals, it doesn't necessarily mean that your sales will be negatively impacted. Focus on providing a great experience for the guests who do attend and offer them the opportunity to shop online or place orders after the show.

4. Should I consider rescheduling the show due to low attendance?

If the weather is particularly severe and you are concerned for the safety of your guests, it may be best to reschedule the show. However, if it is just light rain, it may be best to continue with the event as planned and make the most of the guests who do attend.

5. How can I prevent low attendance at future shows in case of rain?

Consider having a backup plan in place for outdoor events, such as reserving an indoor space or providing alternative options for guests who may not want to attend in the rain. You could also consider offering virtual or online options for guests who are unable to attend in person due to weather.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • jkinak
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies