• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I improve attendance at my Pampered Chef parties?

In summary, the speaker is considering making reminder calls to guests 24 hours in advance to improve attendance at parties. They also suggest getting a guest list and contact numbers from the host to help with cancellations and sending out invites. The speaker also offers tips for hosting a successful party and focuses on making the hostess happy.
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
I'm considering making it mandatory that I call all guests 24 hours in advance to remind of the show and to answer any questions that come up. I usually offer to help or to make the calls and remind them just how important that call is, but my hosts often tell me they'll do it. Tonight I had an extremely small party which as a shock to both me and the host. She said she just didn't get to talk to everyone in the last couple days so she didn't know. We had TWO recipes planned and a lot of extra work that went into this one (was expecting quite a few) and only three people showed up. :eek: I know she'll be getting a bunch more orders from those who didn't show at least, but we were both still shocked and we had a TON of food ready to go. I'd really like to help my hosts have better attendance and get lots more free stuff.

Does anyone else just ask for the guest list and contact numbers up front? If so, has that worked out for you?

I don't ask for the phone numbers, but I make it clear that the host needs to call everyone. I started putting an "RSVP by" date on my postcards with "and receive a free gift". Totally worth it. I've had pretty good attendance for the last two months since emphasizing the calling.

I do get a guest list and send the invites for my hostesses. It has really helped me ALOT with cancellations going way down!!

As for the reminder calls, I tell them not to worry, I'm going to give them the "words to say". I tell them to call anyone who hasn't yet RSVP'd, and simply ask them "if they got their invitation"? It's a nice, non-threatening way to ask them if they are coming, without being too blunt about it. I really can't say they actually do it, but they do seem to appreciate my "helping" them, anyway!

To be honest with you, a small show is not always a "bad one". You can really get to know your guests better when you don't have to spread yourself too thin, so to speak! Also, the guests who come are the ones who are going to most likely want to book shows, so having less of them there helps with your trying to figure out who they are!
I always tell the hostess that, if someone didn't come, but still orders, their order will still count on her show, but she just missed out on all the great food, fun, and fellowship, that's all! It usually brings a smile, and that's my focus... to make sure the hostess is pleased with her show, no matter what!! After all, customer loyalty is the name of the game in this business, kwim?

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Paula

1. What is a 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call?

A 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call is a courtesy call made by our customer service team to remind you about a scheduled Pampered Chef party or event 24 hours before it is set to take place.

2. How do I schedule a 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call?

You do not need to schedule a 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call. Our customer service team will automatically make the call to the designated host or consultant 24 hours before the party or event.

3. Can I opt out of receiving a 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call?

Yes, if you do not wish to receive a 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call, you can let your consultant know and they will inform our customer service team. However, we highly recommend keeping this service as it helps ensure a successful and well-attended party or event.

4. What information will be included in the 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call?

The call will include the date, time, and location of the scheduled party or event, as well as a reminder to bring any necessary items such as order forms or recipe ingredients. Our customer service team will also be available to answer any last-minute questions or concerns.

5. Is there a fee for the 24 Hour Advance Reminder Call service?

No, there is no fee for this service. It is a complimentary service provided by Pampered Chef to help ensure the success of your party or event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
baychef
  • jkinak
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies