• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Recipe: Can Anyone Help Me Find It?

In summary, Trish said that you need to use a small sized egg when baking or it will have an eggy taste. Any truth to that, those of you that have made this?She also said that you can top it with a little frosting if you want. As for Jiffy mixes or pouches...will they work?This recipe uses a cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, and a glaze mix. The cake mix should be sized down, and the glaze mix can be substituted with any flavor. The pudding can be either instant or cook & serve. The cake will work with other cake mixes, but it may be more dry. J
chefsara
Silver Member
I had seen on one of the threads a recipe that used a cake mix, a box of pudding and then a glaze mix that was measured out and used in the big soup mugs. Now I can't find the thread and I can't find the sheet I copied off. Can anyone help me? Thanks!!:confused:

Here you go. We used it on card stock for our Babies R Us booth, but the recipe is still here

Attachments

• 60 second choclate cake.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 483
Hmmmm...not thereI would definitely be interested in this recipe, but what was attached is a recruiting postcard, could you have it saved under something else?

Thanks!

nikked said:
I would definitely be interested in this recipe, but what was attached is a recruiting postcard, could you have it saved under something else?

Thanks!

OH NO.........Shes trying to recruit us!!! YIKES!!!!:D :D :D

Well, at least she sees the potential in us. :D

chefsara said:
I had seen on one of the threads a recipe that used a cake mix, a box of pudding and then a glaze mix that was measured out and used in the big soup mugs. Now I can't find the thread and I can't find the sheet I copied off. Can anyone help me? Thanks!!:confused:

Individual Microwave Cakes
Mini-cakes in the Simple Additions Coffee & More Cups.

Mix together in a zip lock baggie:
1 full size chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding

When ready to use, mix the following ingredients together right in one of the Simple Additions cups:
1/2 cup mix
1 egg
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon oil

Microwave for 1min 10 seconds. Eat the cake out of the cup.

Thanks, Ginger!

Thanks for the quick reply! You are wonderful. I love this site!! Everyone is son helpful. Thanks again!!

Sorry about that, I copied the wrong file- Am I forgiven? I have the same one as Ginger, so I will not post it again.

Does that really work?
I have the white SA soup mugs, and thats where you put all of that?
That seems like, NO WAY, to me LOL
Very cool!

Coffee and More Chocolate Cake Recipe Postcard...My grandkids love to make this. It is so easy and it tastes great! My husband and I will make it for us when we don't want too many leftovers. And, I've been handing them out at Craft Fairs, etc. Of course, you can use any flavor cake mix you want.

Trish
Wave 1

Attachments

• Coffee Mug Cake - Coffee and More.doc
    278.5 KB · Views: 430
mrssyvo said:
Sorry about that, I copied the wrong file- Am I forgiven? I have the same one as Ginger, so I will not post it again.

:D ;) :p :p :p ;) :D

I have yet to make this but it's on my things to do list.

I heard that you need to use a small sized egg when baking or it will have an eggy taste. Any truth to that, those of you that have made this?

chef_leeanne said:
I have yet to make this but it's on my things to do list.

I heard that you need to use a small sized egg when baking or it will have an eggy taste. Any truth to that, those of you that have made this?

I didnt have a problem with that, but my hubby said it was a little dry:rolleyes: So what I was going to try next time I make it was maybe top it off with a little chocolate syrup then put it in the microwave. I'll let you know.

We always use a LARGE egg.

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

This is awesome I can't wait to try it. I know you don't tip it out but do you think it would work if you put a little bit of frosting on top like the rice cooker cake?

varga11 said:
This is awesome I can't wait to try it. I know you don't tip it out but do you think it would work if you put a little bit of frosting on top like the rice cooker cake?

Thats what I wanted to try, but have not tried it yet.

Thanks Trish1953 for the postcard doc. I will have to adjust the wording because it talks about the pink mugs. But that is a really great idea! Mind if I use it? I want to try this recipe this weekend. Should be a great seller for singles or older folks that are alone but still need a chocolate fix now and then but don't want to make a whole cake!

Feel free to use it. Here's the plain one I use. Hope it makes more sense.

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

Attachments

• Coffee Mug Cake.doc
    188 KB · Views: 397
Trish1953 said:
Feel free to use it. Here's the plain one I use. Hope it makes more sense.

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

OK, I'm trying this right now!

Questions:
Instant or Cook & Serve Pudding?
Will this work w/white cake or other cake mixes?
What about Jiffy mixes or pouches mixes?

Alright, more questions!

Could milk, applesauce, or yogurt be substituted for the water?
I would think it would turn out creamier and richer.

Could this be reduced for the prep bowls? How much?

Trish,
At fairs - what do you hand out exactly???

who originally made this? I want to send it to my director, but I have to give credit where credit is due! YUMMMMM
thank you!

Okay I just made it with a spoonful of frosting on top. It was very good. I tipped it out like you would with the rice cooker. I am so excited I have been dying for the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting but refuse to make it just for me. I made it in the mugs today just for me!!

Just wondering.... since the mugs are 16 oz. and there is 8 oz. in a cup. Could you make 2 cakes using the prep bowls???
Anyone try this. I'm sure it would take less time though since it's split.

[Originally posted by lkspeir
Trish, At fairs - what do you hand out exactly??

I had been handing out just the recipe cards. And showing off the Coffee and More Cups and talking about how good and easy this was. However. now that I think of it, I probably could have sold snack or sandwich ziplocs with the prepared mixture alreasy in them (with a ribbon or mini-card attached to them). I sold a plateful of the Pumpkin Gems that way and that went over really well. Most of the people I encountered where looking for Stocking Stuffers, more than big ticket items.

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

cake recipe in a mughi guys,

I made a christmas flyer and posted it under product ideas. I am posting it here too.

flora

Attachments

• unique gift idea.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 330
Trish123,
Hi I am new and I'm wondering what are pumpkin gems? Could I get the recipe. Thank you.

Mug substitution
Ginger428 said:
Individual Microwave Cakes
Mini-cakes in the Simple Additions Coffee & More Cups.

Mix together in a zip lock baggie:
1 full size chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding

When ready to use, mix the following ingredients together right in one of the Simple Additions cups:
1/2 cup mix
1 egg
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon oil

Microwave for 1min 10 seconds. Eat the cake out of the cup.

I don't have the white Simple Additions Coffee and More Cups, but I do have those sweet pink and white polka dot mugs we got back in the Spring for our Breast Cancer products... will those work too?

:rolleyes:

pmprdprettyinsnj said:
hi guys,

I made a christmas flyer and posted it under product ideas. I am posting it here too.

flora

What a fantastic idea!!!! Would you care to share this flyer with me please?

Yes, the pink polka cups are the same size as the Coffee and More Cups. I frequently make mine in the HWC cups.

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

Orginally posted by MCG

Trish123,
Hi I am new and I'm wondering what are pumpkin gems? Could I get the recipe. Thank you.

I make Pumpkin Gems in the Mini-Muffin Pan. I know I've posted the recipe before, but, here it is again.

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

Attachments

• Pumpkin Gems postcard recipe2.doc
    42 KB · Views: 363
Great thanks Trish! I will have to try it out soon.

Umm one more question.. maybe this was answered already, but by using one of those cake mixes and pudding mixes.. how many mugs of cake will this make?

ChefAggi said:
Great thanks Trish! I will have to try it out soon.

Umm one more question.. maybe this was answered already, but by using one of those cake mixes and pudding mixes.. how many mugs of cake will this make?

I have not finished a whole bag of mix yet, but I figure at least 8:)

these are great ideas, I have a huge show right after thanksgiving. Seasoned guests so these are perfect recipes for that.

I did this at my show last night. I gave everyone a spoon and passed the cup (no double-dipping allowed....) Everyone said they loved this idea - I sold one set of the Cups & More.

ChefAggi said:
I don't have the white Simple Additions Coffee and More Cups, but I do have those sweet pink and white polka dot mugs we got back in the Spring for our Breast Cancer products... will those work too?

Those should work since they'e the same cup, just with pretty colors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mombird4
Replies
Views
merego
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies