• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Check: Seeking Advice on How to Retrieve Funds

In summary, Debbie's friend wrote her a check for $282.xx from her other business and she misplaced it. She tried calling the host but couldn't reach her. She finally found the check two days later and paid for the stop payment.
momoftwins
I need some advice. A gal that DH works with orders PC a lot from me. Well she ordered some HWC when I did my fundraiser show. She finally paid me a check the day he brought her her products to work. Well this was the day we left town for my uncles funeral and his daughters wedding. My DH tells me he gave it to me and of course I can not find it anywhere - it is nowhere to be found where it should have been. I have emailed the gal he works with and told her I can't find the check and could she please check with her bank to see if it was or was not cashed. I know it wasn't since I never received it. Anyway, I ask her to make me a new one if it is not cashed and I will shred the other one if I find it. Of couse I have not heard back from this gal and not sure how to ask her about it in a phone call. I saw her last weekend Saturday but it was at a bday party and there were other people around (didn't think it was appropriate to ask her there). Any suggestions???????? The check was only for $16.32 but still that is now $16.32 out of my pocket. Thanks in advance!!

I would just tell it straight and nicely.....recently a friend of my grandma's wrote me a check for product from my other business and not only did I have to call and ask for a new check I had to explain my youngest son in one of anxiety meltdowns ripped it to shreds....

Be honestI have been honest and have confessed my goofiness with total strangers when I have misplaced their checks. It's really not that big of a deal. Although I must confess I love it when my hosts or guests do the goofy things like write checks out to PC, give me the wrong cc number or write the wrong amount on a check.

And don't feel bad just because the check was for only $16.32, I wish everytime I went into Walmart or my local grocery store and spent about
$16, they said "Don't worry about it, it's only $16." :p

We are a business and money coming out of our pocket is not a profit!!

Hope it turns out well.

Debbie :D

I've washed a check before. Had to call the guest & fess up to that one. Couldn't blame it on anyone but myself. :)

Talk to her!I recently closed a catalog show about an hour from my home. The host wrote me a check for $282.xx to cover her purchases and a couple of people who hadn't yet paid. I went straight from meeting with the host to my home. It was late, so I waited until the next morning to finish up and transmit the show. Imagine my shock when I could not find her check.I searched everywhere! I counted through the cash and checks in my money bag. I took everything out of my "closing" briefcase and searched it carefully. I dumped out my purse (and, trust me, I carry lots of stuff in my big purse) and my wallet. Nothing!I called the host. I left her a message explaining what had happened. Since it was a large check, I told her I would pay for her to stop payment on the one I had somehow misplaced. I tried several times to reach her during the day. I was, to say the least, in a panic.She called that evening. She had been out of town all day. When she got back and got my message, she looked in her checkbook. There was the check! We had both gotten distracted with scheduling a show for her daughter. I offered to send her a stamped, addressed envelope so she wouldn't have to pay for the postage. She told me that wasn't necessary. The check arrived two days later with a note of apology that she hadn't given me the check that night.I felt like an idiot, but I wasn't out $282, which is what would have happened if I hadn't called her.These things happen.

I would call her again or send an email to remind her. I bet she just forgot or was hoping if she put you off the check would turn up. Especially when you explain about the death in your family, I'm sure she will be understanding. Also, check DH's wallet or briefcase in case he didn't actually remember to give it to you-he was busy/distracted that day too!

Thanks gals! I will just call her at work today and ask for a new one and maybe just have her mail it to me instead of giving it to DH. Who knows where it ended up last time! I will let you know how it goes! Thanks again!

Related to Lost Check: Seeking Advice on How to Retrieve Funds

1. How do I know if my check is really lost?

If you have not received your check within a reasonable amount of time, it is possible that it has been lost. You can confirm this by contacting the person or company who issued the check and asking if it has been cashed or deposited.

2. What should I do if I realize my check is lost?

The first step is to contact the issuer of the check and let them know that it is lost. They may be able to stop payment on the check and issue a new one. You should also check with your bank to see if they have any procedures for lost checks.

3. Can I still get my funds if the check is lost?

Yes, it is possible to retrieve your funds even if the check is lost. You will need to work with the issuer of the check to get a new one issued. Depending on the situation, this may involve filling out a form or providing documentation.

4. Is there a time limit for retrieving a lost check?

The time limit for retrieving a lost check may vary depending on the issuer's policies. It is best to contact them as soon as possible to increase the chances of getting a replacement check. Some companies may have a specific time frame, such as 90 days, for reissuing lost checks.

5. Will I be charged any fees for getting a new check?

It is possible that you may be charged a fee for getting a replacement check. This fee may vary depending on the issuer's policies. It is important to clarify this with them before requesting a new check to avoid any surprises.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soccermama
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • Nicky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Nicky
  • wadesgirl