1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Loooking for Crock Pot Recipe

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

Does anyone have any crock pot recipes they can share. We are doing a work day at DH's parents this weekend. Took chili last weekend and want something else that will work well. Thanks to all for sharing.

May 21, 2009
  2. Geekgirl69

Geekgirl69 Advanced Member Gold Member

A Year of CrockPotting

Not my blog but lots of great stuff.

May 21, 2009
  3. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I throw a couple of roasts in mine or a whole pork loin or family pack of chicken breasts
    to make shredded meat for tacos.

I pour water & chicken or beef broth over the meat, a couple of bay leaves, cumin, shopped onion, garlic, adobo peppers (or canned diced chilis)
    cook and shred with a fork serve with shredded cheese and sour cream & other taco fixins

May 22, 2009
  4. Teresa Lynn

you could make this today and let it reheat (it tastes better the 2nd day)

Tortilla Soup
    This takes a little more time and alot more dishes but is so yummy

5 roasted New Mexican chiles
    3 tbsp. corn oil
    2 qts. chicken stock (recipe below)
    salt to taste
    cayenne pepper to taste
    4 corn tortillas, cut in strips
    1 cooked chicken breast, cut into strips ( I used the chicken from a whole chicken I
    made stock from)
    8 FRESH cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 avocado, peeled, seeded, & cubed
    1 tbsp. chopped fresh epazote (or 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro)
    1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
    2 c. fresh onion purée
    3 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips & fried crisp
    4 c. fresh tomato purée
    1 tbsp. cumin powder
    2 tsp. chili powder
    2 bay leaves
    lemon juice to taste

grasp chili peppers with kitchen tongs hold directly over open flame until lightly
    roasted DO not blacken or burn Cool remove stems and seeds and chop (I did this once in
    a saute pan and once on the gas grill) since we don't have a gas stove

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté tortillas with garlic and epazote
    over medium heat until tortillas are soft about 4 to 5 minutes or until they are crisp
    and the garlic is golden brown

Add onion puree for 5 minutes or until reduced by half

Add tomato purée, roasted chilies, jalapenos, cilantro and bring to a boil. Add cumin,
    chili powder, bay leaves, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to
    simmer 40 minutes. (Skim the surface if necessary) Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste
    and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes.

Strain and pour into warm soup bowls. Garnish each bowl with an equal portion of chicken
    breast, avocado, shredded cheese, and crisp tortilla strips. Serve immediately. Serves
    8-10

Advance Preparation: Soup may be made 1 day ahead and gently reheated before serving.

Chicken Stock:
    1 chicken carcass (I boiled whole chicken)
    3 sprigs fresh parsley
    2 tbsp. corn, peanut or vegetable oil
    1 small bay leaf
    1 c. coarsely chopped onion
    1 tbsp. white pepper corn
    3/4 c. coarsely chopped carrots
    5 c. water to cover
    3/4 c. coarsely chopped celery
    3 sprigs fresh thyme

(I rinsed the chicken & dumped it in whole into my stockpot added the water and the
    spices and veggies)
    Have butcher cut carcass into small pieces or use a cleaver to do so at home.

Heat 1 tbsp. in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carcass. Cook, stirring
    often, until well browned. Add remaining oil with onion, carrots, and celery. Cook,
    stirring frequently, until vegetables are golden brown. Pour off oil. Add thyme, parsley,
    bay leaf, and peppercorns. Stir to blend and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce
    heat, and simmer about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, skimming surface as necessary, until reduced to
    4 cups. Line a bowl with an extra fine sieve (preferably a chinois). Pour mixture into
    the sieve and strain, pushing solids with a wooden spoon to extract as much liquid as
    possible. Discard solids. Skim off any surface fat. Refrigerate, tightly sealed, for no
    more than 2 days, or freeze in small quantities for ease of use for up to 3 months.

May 22, 2009
  5. Teresa Lynn

you could do a roast and veggies,
    I use my crockpots alot. My kids love for me to cook a roast in it (seasoned for beef stroganoff and add hot buttered noodles, or jumbalaya

May 22, 2009
  6. Teresa Lynn

Jambalaya

2 pkgs Beef little smokies
    2 pkgs frozen shrimp scampi (yellow box)
    1 box Zatarains Dirty Rice
    1 box Zatarains Jambalaya Rice
    2 cans Rotel (we use the hottest)
    Dash (es) of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce

Dump everything into crock pot (except scampi) add 4 cups water. Cook 1 hour, add shrimp/sauce during the last 10 minutes.

Teresa

May 22, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Chicken Cacciatore

Chicken Leg quarters, or thighs and legs, or whatever
    Large jars of Ragu or Francesco Rinaldi traditional/original flavors

Put chicken in crockpot first, then add sauce and make sure all the chicken is covered. Cook till it's done (I've done low and high either way)

Serve over spaghetti. (Careful w/ finding the bones...the meat is tender it falls off the bones) You could do breast meat, but it's not as flavorful.

Taco Soup

1 lb hamburger
    1 chopped onion
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 cup water
    2 cans kidney beans (or 3 if you have room)
    2 cans chili beans (or 3 if you have room)
    1 can corn
    1 can chopped green chilies
    1 or 2 cans diced tomatoes
    1 small can of tomato sauce

Saute the meat w/ onion. Add to crockpot. Add all other items--don't drain the cans! You want the liquid to make the soup. Cook on low (6-8 hrs) or high (4-6). It's up to you. The longer it cooks the better, but since the meat is cooked, you just need it to cook till the beans are tender and everything is really hot. Serve w/ cheddar cheese, sour cream and Fritos.

May 22, 2009
  8. jessicafawn

jessicafawn Member Gold Member

I agree with the Taco Soup. My recipe is a little different though.

Taco Soup

1 lb. browned ground beef
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 packet ranch seasoning
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
    1 can corn
    1 can italian cut green beans
    1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
    1 can stewed tomatoes (cut into bite size pieces)

Just dump all the cans into your crock pot with the liquid (except for the black beans) and then add a can of water. Add the seasonings and ground beef. Cook until nice and hot. The longer it cooks the better. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and corn bread.

Its better the next day. :)

May 22, 2009
Have something to add?