• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Web-Based Place to Back up My Computer

In summary, there are several options for storing your data offsite, including cloud storage services, external hard drives, online backup services, NAS devices, and managed IT services. It's important to research and choose a reputable and secure option to ensure the privacy and reliability of your data. Regularly backing up your data is also essential for emergency situations.
CyndiWilliams
Good Morning!

Can I get some suggestions for resources for backing up / storing my data offsite?

I have about 10 gig of data that I want to back up in a location other than my home, and don't know where to do it, who is reliable, and how to ensure that it is secure and private.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cyndi

mozy.com

They have up to 2 gigs free, and a home package that is unlimited storage for $4.95 a month.

1. Cloud storage services: One option for storing your data offsite is to use a cloud storage service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive. These services offer secure storage and backup of your data in remote servers.2. External hard drives: You can also purchase an external hard drive and store it at a different location, such as a family member's house, a bank safe deposit box, or a friend's home. This provides physical protection for your data and allows you to easily retrieve it if needed.3. Online backup services: There are many online backup services available that offer secure offsite storage for your data. Some popular options include Carbonite, Backblaze, and Crashplan. These services often offer encryption and other security measures to protect your data.4. Network-attached storage (NAS): A NAS device is a dedicated storage device that connects to your network and allows you to store and access data from multiple devices. You can set up a NAS at a different location, such as a relative's house, and remotely access your data for backup purposes.5. Managed IT services: If you have a larger amount of data to backup, you may want to consider using a managed IT service provider. They can help set up a secure and reliable offsite backup solution for your business or personal data.Remember to always do your research and choose a reputable and reliable option for storing your data offsite. It's also important to regularly back up your data to ensure that you have the most recent version in case of any emergencies.

Related to Looking for Web-Based Place to Back up My Computer

What is the best web-based option for backing up my computer?

The best web-based option for backing up your computer will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.

Can I access my backed up files from any device?

Yes, as long as you have an internet connection, you should be able to access your backed up files from any device. Just log into your chosen web-based backup service and your files should be available to you.

How much storage space do I need for backing up my computer?

The amount of storage space you need will depend on the size of your computer's hard drive and the amount of data you want to back up. Most web-based backup services offer a range of storage options, from a few gigabytes to multiple terabytes.

Is it safe to back up my computer on a web-based service?

As long as you choose a reputable and secure web-based backup service, it should be safe to back up your computer. Make sure to research the service's security measures and consider using additional encryption for added protection.

What happens if I exceed my storage limit on a web-based backup service?

If you exceed your storage limit, you may be prompted to upgrade to a higher storage plan or delete some files to make room for new backups. It's important to regularly review your backed up files and remove any that are no longer necessary to free up space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • melissasutkus