• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for the Recipe for Banana Split Cake?

In summary, the banana split cake recipe calls for 18.25 ounces of yellow cake mix, 3.4 ounces of banana cream instant pudding, 1 T vegetable oil, 1/3 cup of peanuts, 1 c butterscotch caramel ice cream topping, 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels, 1 banana, sliced, 2 c thawed, frozen whipped topping, 1 can (8 ozs) pineapple slices, drained and patted dry, 7 whole strawberries (about 1 pint), and 1 pkg (18.25 ozs) yellow cake mix.
annew
I'm wondering if any of you have the recipe for the banana split cake that we had a few years back that was done in a skillet....I have a customer asking for it & I can't remember where it is....

Thanks for your help!

Ultimate Banana Split Cake

Cake:
1 pkg (18.25 ozs) yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 pkg (3.4 ozs) banana cream instant pudding and pie filling

Toppings:
1 T vegetable oil
2/3 c peanuts, divided
1 c butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
1 banana, sliced
2 c thawed, frozen whipped topping
1 can (8 ozs) pineapple slices, drained and patted dry
7 whole strawberries (about 1 pint)

1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour batter into lightly greased deep dish baker. Bake 40-45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool 10 minutes, invert onto cooling rack. Cool completely.

2. Brush clean deep dish baker with vegetable oil. Chop 1/2 cup of the peanuts. In a bowl, combine peanuts with butterscotch caramel topping; pour into bottom of baker; microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes or until warm. Tilt baker to coat bottom with caramel mixture. Place cake, right side up, into baker. Press down around edge to allow caramel mixture to come up sides of cake. Carefully invert cake onto round platter. Scrape any remaining topping from baker onto cake; smooth surface.

3. In micro-cooker, microwave chocolate morsels on high 1-1 1/2 minutes, stirring after each 20-second interval or until melted and smooth. Pipe 12 flower-shaped decorations onto parchment paper. Place one of the remaining peanuts in center of each flower. Slide parchment onto chilled platter; set side (or place in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until set). Slice banana; place 12 slices evenly around top edge of cake. Drizzle remaining chocolate in a zigzag pattern over banana slices.

4. Fill a decorator with whipped topping, pipe 12 rosettes slightly overlapping banana slices. Grate remaining peanuts over rosettes. Cut 3 pineapple slices into quarters. Place one quarter next to each rosette.

5. Slice 6 of the strawberries in half; place against side of cake below banana slices. Slice remaining strawberries to create a strawberry fan; place in center of cake. Place one chocolate flower decoration on each rosette. Slice cake.

Serve with ice cream.

Thank you so much!!!

:p

Wow...hehehehee

Your Welcome!!

That recipe was big when I first started with PC, because the round New Traditions platter was still pretty new. It's neat because you could bake the cake in the DDB, turn it out onto the platter, then use the DDB as a pedestal to raise the platter. :)

It just sounds way too yummy (and like a total sugar overload)!! I'll have to indulge...eventually!!

I got just one thing to say...I got just one thing to say to/about this recipe...

"Where have you been all my life?!"

I've been gaining all this weight the wrong way...NOW I know the RIGHT way! How many pounds can I gain after baby comes eating nothing but this????

I don't normally gush about a recipe, but HOLY COW! I can't wait to do this one!!!!

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone have a picture of this, or know where to find one? Thanks...

1. How do I make a Banana Split Cake?

To make a Banana Split Cake, you will need a box of yellow cake mix, sliced bananas, crushed pineapple, chocolate syrup, chopped nuts, and maraschino cherries. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box to prepare the cake batter. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Layer sliced bananas and crushed pineapple on top of the batter. Bake according to the instructions and let it cool. Once cooled, drizzle chocolate syrup on top and sprinkle chopped nuts. Add maraschino cherries as a garnish. Serve chilled.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix for this recipe. However, yellow cake mix is recommended as it complements the other flavors in the Banana Split Cake.

3. How can I make this recipe gluten-free?

To make this recipe gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free cake mix and substitute gluten-free graham crackers for the crust. Double check all other ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free as well.

4. Do I need to use fresh fruit for this recipe?

Fresh fruit is recommended for the best flavor, but you can also use canned fruit for convenience. Just make sure to drain the canned fruit well before using it in the recipe.

5. How should I store leftovers of the Banana Split Cake?

The Banana Split Cake should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for 2-3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and placing it in a freezer-safe container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cochef
  • Candice
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • nene960