• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for the Mediterranean Hummus Squares Recipe

In summary, the author lost a recipe for Mediterranean Hummus Squares and is looking for help. The recipe is on page 5 of Seasons Best and the author recommends the website http://www.recipe-hound.com/.
Stephanie S
Please help. I have lost this recipe and my host on Sunday has selected it for her show. I am not sure if it is in one of the books that I have, because if it is the page is now invisible. I would appreciate if someone could e-mail me the recipe.

Thanks so much!

Stephanie S said:
Please help. I have lost this recipe and my host on Sunday has selected it for her show. I am not sure if it is in one of the books that I have, because if it is the page is now invisible. I would appreciate if someone could e-mail me the recipe.

Thanks so much!

Isn't it in Seasons Best? Here's my favorite PC recipe site. I'm going to see if it's on consultant's corner for you.

Yup: Mediterranean Hummus Squares Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2005 page 5

It doesn't list it though. Do you have Season's Best?

Last edited:
The Pampered Chef ®
Mediterranean Hummus Squares
Recipe

2 pkg (235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lemon
1 container (227 g) classic hummus dip
1/4 cup (50 mL) sour cream
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted black olives, sliced
1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
1/4 medium red onion, sliced (½ cup/125 mL)
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) Pantry Basil Oil
2 oz (60 g) feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup/125 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Unroll one package of crescent dough across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker's Roller®, roll dough to seal seams and press up sides to form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Zest lemon using Microplane™ Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp/5 mL zest. In Small Batter Bowl, combine lemon zest, hummus dip, sour cream and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Spread hummus mixture evenly over crust using Large Spreader.

Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. Remove seeds from cucumber using The Corer™. Coarsely chop cucumber using Food Chopper. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice onion lengthwise. Slice tomatoes in half crosswise using Chef's Knife; remove seeds using Cook's Corer™ and dice. Place olives, cucumber, onion, tomato and basil oil in Classic Batter Bowl; stir gently. Spoon olive mixture evenly over hummus layer. Sprinkle with feta cheese and basil. Cut into squares with Utility Knife; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 appetizers

Per serving: (1 appetizer) Calories 110, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Fibre 1 g, Protein 3 g

Cook's Tip: Substitute 1 tbsp/15 mL olive oil for Pantry Basil Oil, if desired.

Marg said:
The Pampered Chef ®
Mediterranean Hummus Squares
Recipe

2 pkg (235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lemon
1 container (227 g) classic hummus dip
1/4 cup (50 mL) sour cream
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted black olives, sliced
1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
1/4 medium red onion, sliced (½ cup/125 mL)
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) Pantry Basil Oil
2 oz (60 g) feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup/125 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Unroll one package of crescent dough across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker's Roller®, roll dough to seal seams and press up sides to form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Zest lemon using Microplane™ Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp/5 mL zest. In Small Batter Bowl, combine lemon zest, hummus dip, sour cream and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Spread hummus mixture evenly over crust using Large Spreader.

Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. Remove seeds from cucumber using The Corer™. Coarsely chop cucumber using Food Chopper. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice onion lengthwise. Slice tomatoes in half crosswise using Chef's Knife; remove seeds using Cook's Corer™ and dice. Place olives, cucumber, onion, tomato and basil oil in Classic Batter Bowl; stir gently. Spoon olive mixture evenly over hummus layer. Sprinkle with feta cheese and basil. Cut into squares with Utility Knife; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 appetizers

Per serving: (1 appetizer) Calories 110, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Fibre 1 g, Protein 3 g

Cook's Tip: Substitute 1 tbsp/15 mL olive oil for Pantry Basil Oil, if desired.

This is a YUMMY recipe! I didn't have onion or cukes, but yummmmmm! Easy too.

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear that you have lost the recipe for your upcoming host's show. I understand how stressful that can be. Have you checked all of your cookbooks thoroughly? Sometimes recipes can be hidden in unexpected places. If you still can't find it, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team or searching for the recipe online. I hope this helps and your show is a success! Best of luck.

1. How do I make the hummus for the Mediterranean Hummus Squares?

To make the hummus, you will need 1 can of chickpeas, 1/4 cup of tahini, 1 garlic clove, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Set aside for later use.

2. What ingredients do I need for the Mediterranean Hummus Squares?

You will need 1 package of puff pastry, 1 cup of hummus, 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives, 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese, and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley.

3. How do I assemble the Mediterranean Hummus Squares?

Roll out the puff pastry and spread the hummus over the top, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Fold the edges of the pastry over the filling. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese in the Mediterranean Hummus Squares?

Yes, you can use any type of crumbled cheese such as goat cheese or shredded mozzarella. You can also omit the cheese if desired.

5. How many servings does the Mediterranean Hummus Squares recipe make?

This recipe makes 8 servings, but you can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd. Leftover squares can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnikkir
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • EymieFitz
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies