• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Spring/Summer Cooking Class Ideas

In summary, Michael is considering starting a cooking class in March and April. He is looking for class ideas and product combos. He is also considering offering a different class each week.
Michael Serrano
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I've been reading through a lot of the older posts on cooking classes and I'm thinking of starting this for March and April. I just finished up a 6-month contract with my employer so I'm kind of out of work and would like to do PC Full-time until my next contract starts mid-April. I've been with PC for about 2 months now and I'm struggling a bit to get more bookings.

I think this cooking class could really work, I know a few people who are paying big bucks to go to these types of things. I especially like the "Kids in the Kitchen" shows. I'm looking for class ideas and product combos. I'm planning to have people pre-pay when they register. I found one flyer, but it had super bowl and valentines day ideas.

I'm thinking of scheduling 3 classes a week. maybe 2 for adults and one for parent/child. I have a large kitchen and would be able to fit about 5-6 adults comfortably.

This forum is full of creative people and I thought I'd ask everyone here for some ideas and tips.

Thanks guys,

Michael

Cooking class is a great idea!I am doing something like this next school year. I just had a baby 3 months ago so I wasn't able to get it started sooner. It is a home school co-op cooking class for kids. I am going to have them pre-pay for the Cookie cutter kids set and the cost for food for one semester of classes once a week. Of course the chef's hat and the apron are not required but optional. After my classes I plan to sell alot more stuff to both parents and their family members.
Anyway as far as your cooking classes I think you should concentrate on certain types of foods. Here is an example:
Italian theme shows would highlight pizza, calzones, and the cucina italiana recipes we have recently recieved. You could put together packages based on the tools you will be using most of the time and for them to practice at home. The Large stone, rack, large serving spatula and stoneware sensations cookbook is one of the packages we offer in our catalog. You could also highlight the woven baskets, PC pizza crust mix, and other stones.
You could do the kids cooking class the same way mentioned above and highlight the kids cookbook, cake stencil set, creative cutters, safe cutters, and other kid friendly gadgets. The prep bowls make cute small cakes that are easy to decorate.
You could also do some tasty dishes using the cookware and make up a package that would benefit your class. Executive and Professional cookware with it's lifetime guarantee and special features will sell themselves. Stir fry pans, pull apart bread in saute pan, turtle skillet cake in family skillet, delicious french toast (for brunch theme) on grill pan.
Be creative and have fun. Be sure to make the cost cover product kits, food, and your time. I have attached a flyer, you can change or add anything you want. Hope this helps you and good luck!!
Debbie

Attachments

• Cooking Class Show.doc
    39 KB · Views: 603
I would try the new celebrations recipes for the spring- the Italian ones. There are several different recipes you could try and after your "students" learn one then the next time they come they can do the little more advanced recipe and then the advanced recipe for the 3rd class. Sign people up for the Italian appetizers, main dish, and dessert. So in all thats potentially 9 classes you could do.

Debbie,
Wow thanks for the great flyer and ideas! I am going to try this for kids, as I also run an in home daycare, and in the summer will have special programs. (Like Cooking Class!!)

:D

Hi Michael,

First of all, congratulations on your decision to start hosting cooking classes! It can be a great way to increase your bookings and showcase the amazing products that Pampered Chef has to offer. Here are a few ideas and tips to help you get started:

1. Utilize your network: Reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances to see if they would be interested in attending your cooking classes. You can also ask them to spread the word to their own networks.

2. Use social media: Create an event on Facebook and invite people to attend. You can also post about your classes on other social media platforms to reach a wider audience.

3. Offer a variety of classes: Consider offering different types of classes, such as themed classes (e.g. Italian night, Mexican fiesta), healthy cooking classes, or specific skill-based classes (e.g. knife skills, grilling techniques). This will attract a wider range of participants.

4. Utilize the "Kids in the Kitchen" show: As you mentioned, this is a popular and fun option for parents and children. You can also consider offering a "Mommy and Me" or "Daddy and Me" cooking class for younger children and their parents to attend together.

5. Collaborate with other consultants: Consider reaching out to other Pampered Chef consultants in your area and collaborating on a cooking class together. This can help you reach a larger audience and offer a wider range of products.

6. Offer pre-registration and pre-payment: This is a great way to ensure a set number of attendees and minimize any last-minute cancellations. You can also offer a discount for those who pre-register and pre-pay.

7. Utilize the Pampered Chef website: The Pampered Chef website has a ton of resources for consultants, including class ideas and product combinations. Take some time to browse through these resources and get inspiration for your own classes.

I hope these tips help you get started with your cooking classes and increase your bookings. Best of luck!

Sincerely,

What are some fresh and light recipes for spring and summer?

Some great options for spring and summer cooking classes include salads with seasonal fruits and vegetables, grilled seafood and chicken dishes, and refreshing smoothies and cocktails. You could also incorporate fresh herbs and citrus flavors into your recipes for a light and flavorful touch.

Can you recommend any vegetarian or vegan options for spring and summer cooking classes?

Absolutely! Some delicious vegetarian and vegan dishes for spring and summer include grilled vegetable skewers, quinoa and vegetable salads, and fruit sorbets for dessert. You could also explore plant-based protein options like tofu or lentils in your recipes.

What cooking techniques are best for spring and summer dishes?

Grilling, roasting, and sautéing are all great techniques for spring and summer dishes. These methods help to bring out the natural flavors of fresh produce and create light and flavorful meals. You could also experiment with marinating and pickling techniques to add depth and tanginess to your recipes.

Are there any one-pot or sheet pan meals that are perfect for spring and summer?

Yes, sheet pan meals are perfect for spring and summer cooking classes because they are simple, convenient, and require minimal clean-up. Some ideas for sheet pan meals include roasted chicken and vegetables, shrimp and vegetable stir-fry, and roasted sweet potato and black bean tacos.

What are some fun and interactive cooking class ideas for spring and summer?

For a fun and interactive cooking class, you could focus on outdoor cooking and have a backyard barbecue or picnic theme. You could also incorporate a "farm-to-table" concept and take a trip to a local farm or farmers market to gather ingredients for your recipes. Another idea is to have a "cook-off" style class where participants can work in teams to create their own unique dishes using seasonal ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vogee13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
chefcharity
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow