• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Product - Tomato Slicer?

In summary, the customer called to inquire about a "tomato slicer" her daughter had requested. The consultant suggested the ultimate mandolin and the green Color Coated Tomato Knife, but the customer was unsure if that was what she was looking for. Other possible options were the forged serrated knife and a round clamp-type slicer. It turns out the customer's daughter wanted the mandolin and placed an order.
donnacook
Gold Member
Hi I am a new consultant and still learning products and the catalog. Customer called today looking for a "tomato slicer" her daughter had requested. The ultimate mandolin immediately came to mind, but she didn't think that was it...so any suggestions what she might be looking for?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Donna

Could it be the green Color Coated Tomato Knife? I have lots of people who LOVE that knife and tell all their friends about how well it slices tomatoes. If it isn't that or the mandoline, I can't think what else it might be.

babywings76 said:
Could it be the green Color Coated Tomato Knife? I have lots of people who LOVE that knife and tell all their friends about how well it slices tomatoes. If it isn't that or the mandoline, I can't think what else it might be.

Or you could upsell and tell her the forged serrated knife is awesome for tomatoes. But I do agree, the mandoline comes to mind first.

Actually, it was the Color Coated Tomato Knife that came to my mind first. Best tomato knife I've ever used.

Other companies carry a round clamp - type thing with lines that is sort of like the bottom of the egg slicer plus. Ask her to describe it.

She may be referring to something as simple (and cheap) as the Hold n Slice. I bought mine eons ago, and that was the selling point for me, although I don't really slice a lot of tomatoes, as I prefer cherry or grapes tomatoes. But, depending upon how long ago the "tomato slicer" idea was implanted in her head, this may be what she's referring to. Just thought I'd add that in case she wasn't looking for a knife or mandoline.

Thanks everyone...I suggested all to her. Seems it was the mandoline her daughter was wanting. She placed her order yesterday! Thanks

Hi Donna,
Welcome to the Pampered Chef consultant community! I'm happy to help with your customer's request for a tomato slicer. The Ultimate Mandolin is a great option, but there are a few other products that might fit her needs as well. The Veggie Strip Maker is perfect for slicing tomatoes into thin strips, while the Simple Slicer can also work for slicing tomatoes. You could also suggest the Quick Slice for quick and easy slicing. I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance. Happy cooking!

Related to Looking for Product - Tomato Slicer?

1. How do I use the tomato slicer?

The tomato slicer is very easy to use. Simply place the tomato on the base, with the stem side facing up. Then, press the slicer down firmly to create even, uniform slices.

2. Can the tomato slicer be used for other types of produce?

While the tomato slicer is designed specifically for slicing tomatoes, it can also be used for other round fruits and vegetables such as lemons, limes, and even small onions.

3. Is the tomato slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the tomato slicer is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

4. How many slices does the tomato slicer create?

The tomato slicer creates 10 even slices per tomato. This is perfect for recipes that require precise and equal slices of tomatoes.

5. Is the tomato slicer safe for children to use?

While the tomato slicer is very easy to use, we recommend adult supervision when children are using it. The sharp blades can cause injury if not used properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • heatherbares