• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Help From the Gainesville, Ga Area - Not Pampered Chef Related

In summary, Diane's cousin and her husband were involved in a car accident, and her cousin is staying with her parents in Gainesville while her husband is in a hospital for a few weeks. Diane lives about 30 minutes south of Atlanta, and is offering to provide meals for the family. There is a company in the Atlanta area called Super Suppers that offers meal delivery. There is also a possibility that churches or a charitable organization can help out.
dianevill
Gold Member
Hi Consultants,

I'm looking for someone who lives in/near Gainesville that can assist me. My cousin and her husband were involved in a very serious car accident on Sunday. My cousin (Peggy) has been released from the hospital, but her husband (Rich) will be in a trauma hospital for 3-4 weeks and then a rehab center for 8-12 weeks (he's in rough shape, and after almost losing him once, it looks like he will survive, but has multiple broken and shattered bones as well as collapsed lungs). Peggy and her two young children are staying with her parents in Gainesville during this time (she lives in Roswell). She will be commuting to the hospital in Atlanta every day, and my understanding is that it's an hour and 45 minute drive each way.

Here's what I'm looking for: first, lots of prayers for this family to pull through (they have two young kids, ages 8 months and 2 years, so Peggy has her hands full already). Second, does anyone know of a service in the Gainesville area that will provide meals to the family? All of the extended family is up here in Wisconsin, and we'd like to set up a schedule with meal deliveries from either a local restaurant or catering service (I'd love to send down a lasagna, but that's not very practical :eek: ). Any suggestions of restaurants and/or catering services would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading!

Diane

Hi Diane,

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragedy! My prayers are definitely with you and your family. I actually live about 30 minutes south of Atlanta (the complete opposite direction from your family!).

There is a company here in the metro area called Super Suppers (www.supersuppers.com) that will assemble meals for you for pick-up and delivery. They don't have all of the delivery info up on their site yet so I don't have that for you. This is a relatively new company in the Atlanta area and I know of a few people who have used it and were pleased. There was a big write-up in the Atlanta paper a month or so ago that was favorable to them as well.

I hope this helps.

Linda

I would contact the hospital social service department. They have tons of resources and would know who to contact regarding such services.

Also the area Chamber of Commerce may be able to help you - they usually have a website.

My prayers are with this family during this difficult time.

look up some area churches. A lot of times they will do meals for this situation. I would love to make them a wonderful PC meal but i dont think they want it sent all the way from Florida! he he.

Diane, I'm glad he will be okay; after some time. Keep us updated on how they're doing:)

Looking For HelpMy prayers are with your family. Just tell her to pray every time she feels that she can't make it. The power of pray works.
Churches are a great resource. Also find someone to do a benefit for them to raise money.

Hi Diane,

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin and her husband. I live in Cumming, which is not too far from Gainesville. I am providing you with some grocery stores and their phone numbers. I am not sure if they can deliver, but they might be able to. They usually have platters of meats, cheeses, sandwiches, chicken tenders, vegetables and fruits. I think they would be a great resource.

Publix - (770) 538-0665
Second Location of Publix - (770) 534-3436
Kroger - (770) 532-1143
Ingles - (770) 287-1330

Here are some additional numbers:
Chick-fil-a - (770) 536-6440
HoneyBaked Ham - (770) 287-1773
Super Suppers - (678) 455-4630 (Cumming location, but close to Gainesville)

I will let you know if I come up with any other places.

Please email me privately if you need my phone number to ask any additional questions or if I can help in any other way.

Thanks,
Lisa

Thank you all so much! We found out that my cousin is very involved with her church and they are setting up some meals, and then as soon as they have the schedule the coordinator is going to call me to let me know which day of the week is "ours". I'm going to check into the numbers above and I'll let you all know what happens. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Update: As of last night, Rich's condition hasn't improved. There are 2 life threatening issues - his bruised/collapsed lungs and protein build up in his blood (it can cause kidney damage). He's still heavily sedated and has no idea what's going on. Peggy is still in pretty good spirits though, and is just taking it all day by day.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. I knew I could count on you!

Diane

P.S. Lisa - My other Atlanta cousin lives in Cumming, too, on Crestview Drive. Is that anywhere near you?

I just did a Yahoo map search. Crestview is about 12.2 miles from me. I terms of Atlanta traffic, that is just around the corner.

Please let your cousin know if she needs anything, I can help. This business has let me be a stay at home mom for about a year now, so my three year old and I have some extra hours during the day.

Lisa

Yet another display of why everyone should have a huge bra in their why bag- ALL THE SUPPORT OF THE PC FAMILY!! The Cheffers should get a reinforced bra for all the EXTRA support, LOL! Prayers go out to your family, Diane!

1. What type of services are you looking for?

We are looking for help with various household tasks such as cleaning, organizing, and meal preparation.

2. Is this a one-time or ongoing need?

This is an ongoing need, as we are looking for someone to assist us on a regular basis.

3. What days and times would you need assistance?

We are flexible with days and times, but ideally would like someone to come for a few hours a week on weekdays.

4. Are there any specific skills or qualifications required?

No specific skills or qualifications are required, but we are looking for someone who is reliable, trustworthy, and has a good attention to detail.

5. What is the pay rate for this position?

The pay rate will be discussed and negotiated with the chosen candidate, based on experience and job duties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • yummybytes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DMB75