• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying the New Lemon Glazed CuPampered Chefakes - Why Extract Instead of Juice?

In summary, extract is used in the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes for a more concentrated and consistent lemon flavor compared to using juice. The extract used is all-natural, providing a high-quality and delicious product. It is not recommended to substitute the extract for fresh lemon juice, as it may affect the flavor and texture of the cupcakes. Unfortunately, the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes are not gluten-free due to the use of wheat flour. They can stay fresh for 3-4 days at room temperature, but can also be frozen for longer storage.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
The new lemon glazed cupcakes call for lemon extract. When I taste tested the glaze on top it made me wonder why you couldn't just use lemon juice instead. I was curious to see if anyone knew why they would call for extract? I'm excited to try these but have to wait until our meeting tonight!

you would probably need too much lemon juice to get the lemon flavor and it would water the glaze down....

Hi...first post. I made these cupcakes and I found the lemon extract not a very nice taste. That said, everyone liked them, however, the next time I do them, I'll use lemon juice and zest instead of the extract.

I would guess that the citric acid in the juice would break down the chocolate.. maybe try a pure lemon oil - or a high quality extract (if you didn't already)

but zest will be visable in the glaze..

I like these cupcakes but I agree the amount of lemon extrat was startling! Expensive if you get Pensey's.. and half a bottle of mcCormicks.

Extract has a much more intense flavor. You would definitely change the consistency of the glaze if you used enough juice to get the same flavor.

If anyone wants to pay me, I'd be happy to make some homemade extract! :D

I agree- the cupcakes are excellent, but uses a ton of extract which is expensive!

heather223 said:
I agree- the cupcakes are excellent, but uses a ton of extract which is expensive!

I got a small bottle at Walmart for less than $1.50.

I didn't think it had too much of a lemon flavor. Nice and light and YUMMY!!

1. Why is extract used instead of juice in the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes?

The use of extract in the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes provides a more concentrated and potent lemon flavor compared to using juice. Extract is also more stable and consistent in flavor, ensuring that each cupcake has the same delicious lemon taste.

2. Is the extract used in the cupcakes natural or artificial?

Pampered Chef uses all-natural extract in their Lemon Glazed Cupcakes, free from any artificial flavors or preservatives. This ensures a high-quality and delicious product for our customers.

3. Can I substitute the extract for fresh lemon juice?

We do not recommend substituting the extract for fresh lemon juice in the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes. The extract provides a more concentrated and consistent flavor, while juice can vary in potency and may affect the texture of the cupcakes.

4. Are the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes gluten-free?

Unfortunately, the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes are not gluten-free. They contain wheat flour, so we do not recommend them for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.

5. How long do the Lemon Glazed Cupcakes stay fresh?

The Lemon Glazed Cupcakes can stay fresh for up to 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. For longer storage, we recommend freezing the cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies