• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!

I'm going to be up until midnight!In summary, the conversation is about a group of people who are excited and preparing to attend a conference. They discuss their excitement, packing, and transportation to and from the conference location. There is also mention of a first-time attendee and advice on not overpacking. The conversation ends with information on shuttle times and a designated area for nursing mothers at the conference.
pcchris
Silver Member
I'm so flippin' excited I can hardly stand it! Friday, Saturday, LEAVING SUNDAY! Holy moly! I can't believe it's almost here!!! WOO HOO!!
Still not ready, but oh well!!!! I'm pumped!! :D

I know what you mean, I am really excited but trying to not get expectations up. This is my first one. I started packing yesterday and I know I am going to forget something. Nervouse about flying, haven't flown in 14 years!

My cluster is picking me up at 7:30 TOMORROW:D Still gotta pack today!

iddlebiddle said:
I know what you mean, I am really excited but trying to not get expectations up. This is my first one. I started packing yesterday and I know I am going to forget something. Nervouse about flying, haven't flown in 14 years!

I haven't flown in quite a while either, and this time I'm going to be doing it without DH's hand to squeeze to death on take off! EEK!

pcchris said:
I'm so flippin' excited I can hardly stand it! Friday, Saturday, LEAVING SUNDAY! Holy moly! I can't believe it's almost here!!! WOO HOO!!
Still not ready, but oh well!!!! I'm pumped!! :D
Getting even closer, have you completely flipped out yet in excitement!:eek: ;) I'm so excited too! 36-40 more hours and I get to smack you!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D LOL!!!! (Inside Joke!!!) J/K! I'm so excited to meet you!!! :D :D

OMIGOSH! My plane leaves in 25 hours! Can't hardly wait!

LOL - You guys are so silly but I am excited too!

I've got butterflies in my stomach from all the excitement!

Do some of the butterflies go away when you are more experience conference goer - As a newbies I am so exctied but also so nervous!

I am in the same boat. I feel like I have so much to do and not getting it done fast enough!
I leave at 5 am!!!!!!

Does anyone know how frequently the shuttles go from the hotels to McCormick???

I believe they were available most of the day. During sessions I'm not so sure. We had a little trouble getting one at one point, and we gave up. But I guess one came a few minutes after we left the pickup area.

Taking MY last peek at CS -- I leave tomorrow at 8:30 am!

Whoa!! Almost time...I doubt I'll even be able to sleep tonight...I'm pretty psyched!! about 20 hours left! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to meet you all there!

You will have such a great time. I should have listened to Becky D's advice not to overpack.

My flight leaves tomorrow at 1030...I feel like I'm forgetting something important...like underwear or somethin!:eek:

Last lookie--making sure I printed out everything I read and wanted to remember later! C-ya there!

Last edited:
Kathytnt said:
Does anyone know how frequently the shuttles go from the hotels to McCormick???
Every few minutes, if it's before sessions. Generally, they fill up a bus and it heads out right away. If it's during sessions (like you have to go back to hotel to nurse a baby or something), then you may have to wait a bit.

How early do they start rolling??

JAE said:
You will have such a great time. I should have listened to Becky D's advice not to overpack.

I packed today - and now I have to re-do...I have like 5 or 6 outfits inthere...not enough room for everything else! BAH!

Kathytnt said:

Good question....anyone have an answer???

pcchris said:
Good question....anyone have an answer???

Hmmm, isn't the first HO tour like at 7am or something like that? So they start rolling early enough to get people over to the Mccormick Center for that the first day.....and 2nd and 3rd days early too - breakfast starts at 7am.....

Dang that is early

Kathytnt said:

Don't know if you'll see this or not...

I think they are ready to take you at 6a or so. I caught my first shuttle on Monday at 6:20a so I could be there in time for my 7a HO tour. Then they run about every 20 minutes during the day. Of course, if you need to get back to the hotel quickly (for when you, oh let's say, develop a migraine BEFORE the first general session), there is a table with two people from the transportation company that can call a shuttle to come right then... I only had to wait about 5 minutes for the one they called for me.
BTW... for anyone nursing a baby... they do have an area in McCormick Place for moms to nurse babies.

Katie - THANK YOU for the info! I was/am a little leery yet about the 7:00 HO tour...hope I catch the shuttle in time. 6:00 is pretty early for me to be up...especially in the summer!

I was sick on the morning of day 2 and we went a little late to general session... they told me shuttles were schedule to run every half hour, but since nobody was there they could run when they had someone... so my and my AD had an entire bus to ourself! :) I think it is about every 10 minutes or when full when general sessions/workshops aren't being conducted... hth! have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO not a morning person - unless you count someone who sees the sun set and then rise again a few hours later! But with all the excitement and the fact the Chicago is one hour later than Cincinnati (my home)... the 5:15a wake up call wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

I was at the Swissotel (across the street from the Sheraton) and it only took about 10 minutes on the shuttle to get to McCormick. At 6:30ish a.m., not too many people are there to register and that process took me another 5 minutes at the most! You'll have plenty of time... unless you are a director. The director registration area is on the other side of the Center.

Can't wait to hear what you think of all of the new products!

katie0128 said:
I was at the Swissotel (across the street from the Sheraton) and it only took about 10 minutes on the shuttle to get to McCormick. At 6:30ish a.m., not too many people are there to register and that process took me another 5 minutes at the most! You'll have plenty of time... unless you are a director. The director registration area is on the other side of the Center.Can't wait to hear what you think of all of the new products!
At the Hilton, they had buses that were specifically for Directors - took them to the area they needed to be in. At least on Day 1.

I leave in about 2 hours - Wohoo Off to the post office to drop off some host packets on the way

Related to Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!

What is "Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!"?

"Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef for its consultants to celebrate the end of the work week and recharge for the upcoming week.

When is "Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!"?

The event takes place every Sunday at 6:00 PM EST.

How do I participate in "Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!"?

To participate, simply join the Pampered Chef Facebook group at the designated time and be ready to engage in the activities and discussions.

What can I expect during "Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!"?

During the event, there will be interactive games, challenges, and discussions to help you unwind and connect with other consultants. There may also be special promotions and giveaways.

Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to join "Leaving Sunday! Get Pumped for the Weekend!"?

Yes, this event is exclusive to Pampered Chef consultants. However, if you are interested in becoming a consultant, you can reach out to your consultant or contact Pampered Chef for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • sfdavis918
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tanoi
  • pamperedpals