• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Totally Screwed Up?

In summary, I had three shows this weekend - Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. Friday night and Saturday afternoon both went very well with high sales, bookings and even a strong recruit lead on Friday night. By Sunday I was EXHAUSTED. Sunday afternoon I am getting ready to leave the house to go to my show whne the hostess calls and says "Where the heck are you? You were supposed to start the demo 10 minutes ago!!!!!" I thought we had a 2pm show....we had a 1pm show. Thank God she only lives 10 minutes away - I F-L-E-W over there as fast as I could and while I was
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I had three shows this weekend - Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon.
Friday night and Saturday afternoon both went very well with high sales, bookings and even a strong recruit lead on Friday night. By Sunday I was EXHAUSTED.
Sunday afternoon I am getting ready to leave the house to go to my show whne the hostess calls and says "Where the heck are you? You were supposed to start the demo 10 minutes ago!!!!!"
:::::::::thud:::::::::::::::
I thought we had a 2pm show....we had a 1pm show.
Thank God she only lives 10 minutes away - I F-L-E-W over there as fast as I could and while I was setting up & told everyone to write on the top line of their order form "Season's Best Cookbook - FREE" it was the least I could do -- man oh man - in 3.5 years I have never screwed up so badly :p

Well, at least it was close and you were able to "make amends." How did Sunday's show go? Get any bookings and/or recruit leads? I'm guessing that knowing you don't have to be perfect is a great recruiting point.

dannyzmom said:
Have you ever totally screwed up?
No, never, ever at all.

:rolleyes:

How did the show go? I think the free SB should have made amends! And at least it was only a few minutes away. We all make mistake and this shows people you are human!

and IMHO I think the host should have called you BEFORE 10 minutes AFTER the show would start. When someone tells me they will be there 30 minutes before the show" I would be calling to check on them before 40 minutes later. My opinion always is the person could be laying on the side of the road in a wreck and that few minutes could help!

One morning my coworker called me at 930 to see what was going on and why I had not been at work at 800 saying they were ALL WORRIED. I had called my boss' wife at 630 that morning to tell her my son was sick and she forgot to tell him. I told me coworker "well you were no very worried I could be dead on the side of the road by now!" HA!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, never, ever at all.

So, KG, did the computer short out when the lightening struck you?

Nope. Funny - I just saw that episode of Mythbusters where they showed the results of standing in the shower in a lightning storm. I'll never do THAT again!

Its a shame she didn't call you earlier, but you did make it! How did it go?

One time I did a show that I knew was a distance, but I thought it was a little under an hour away. Since it was in a ritzy area I thought it would be worth it. UGH! Could I have been more wrong? Well, turned out that it was 90 minutes, actually almost 2 hours away, and half way there I realized I forgot the apples for the recipe. I also forgot about the heavy traffic on a Sunday. I had only allowed 90 minutes to get there. So, needless to say, everyone was already there and I threw my crap out on the table and people were right on me asking questions, complaining about products, etc. Thankfully, I had a quick recipe. The show sales... $200. UGH! At least it counted as a show!

YIkes, can not believe she didnt call earlier either.

I had a oops where the invites said 630 and they were to say 7. I got there about the same time as some of the guests!! It all worked out, but I felt terrible.

Once I arrived at a home at 4pm for a 5pm show but the host and guests were sure it was a 4pm show. I was setting up and we were chatting, me commenting that everyone was so prompt... Well, come to find out I was late!:eek: They were very nice and I was very embarrassed but it all worked out. Humor and humility helps!

We're pampered not perfect! - as long as we keep trying.

Yes, I did it a few months ago. I felt HORRIBLE. What a learning experience to always double check the time. I thought for sure I had remembered it correctly. Thankfully the host was very gracious and understanding but it threw my whole day off. There is a first time for everything.

I just totally screwed up. It's not PC related, but I have a friend who lives about 1 hr away. We sometimes meet in the middle and have the kids play at McDonalds so we can visit. She called me this morning at 10:22 to see what happened to me. I completely forgot! I feel like a heel. I couldn't go then because she would have to leave before we got there. Sorry no slip ups too bad with PC (yet!) but I'm sure my day is coming:)

Well....the show went pretty well. One definite booking - two tentative bookings (they want me to call them tonight). Just under $600 in sales...and a few HWC pre-orders. All in all it worked out well and we all got some laughs at MY expense - LOL

A very wise person once said, "Learn to laugh at yourself. You'll never run out of material."

I live my life by this credo. (No surprise there!)

raebates said:
A very wise person once said, "Learn to laugh at yourself. You'll never run out of material."

I live my life by this credo. (No surprise there!)

That makes two of us - LOL

I am so afraid of doing something like this that I have very specific times for my shows, from which I do not deviate: 11 am (weekend brunch), 2 pm or 7 pm.

Glad it worked out OK for you, though. :)

chefann said:
I am so afraid of doing something like this that I have very specific times for my shows, from which I do not deviate: 11 am (weekend brunch), 2 pm or 7 pm.

Glad it worked out OK for you, though. :)

Me too Ann! If I didn't do that - I would be in a paranoid state every day I have a show!

I tend to check show times 4 or 5 times the day of a show. Paranoid, I guess.

I always tell people: "If I goof up, feel free to laugh. It won't bother me because no one laughs at me more than me!"

I had a show a few weeks ago that the host changed the time. When I got there, a few people were already there and as I was walking in I was thinking they are going to think I am late, ha! Well, they had decided ahead of time o play a trick on my and "act" like I was late, so, we all had a laugh but they did tell me the host told them of the change they just wanted to come and chat while I sat up.

1. How can I fix a mistake I made while preparing a Pampered Chef recipe?

If you made a mistake while cooking one of our recipes, don't worry! We recommend trying to salvage the dish by adjusting the seasoning or adding extra ingredients to balance out the flavor. Alternatively, you can use the mistake as a learning experience and try the recipe again in the future.

2. What should I do if I accidentally burn something while using a Pampered Chef product?

If you accidentally burn food while using one of our products, make sure to turn off the heat and carefully remove the dish from the heat source. Let it cool down before attempting to clean or handle it. If the product is damaged, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I still use a Pampered Chef product if I accidentally dropped it?

It depends on the extent of the damage. If the product is visibly cracked or broken, it is not safe to use. However, if it appears to be in good condition, you can still use it. We recommend double-checking for any sharp edges or loose pieces before using it.

4. I messed up a recipe, can I get a refund for the ingredients?

Unfortunately, we cannot provide refunds for ingredients used in a recipe that did not turn out as expected. However, we do offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for our products, so if you are unsatisfied with a product itself, you may be eligible for a refund or exchange.

5. What should I do if I have a question about a Pampered Chef product while using it?

If you have any questions or concerns while using one of our products, please refer to the product manual or reach out to our customer service team for assistance. We are happy to help with any issues or inquiries you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • angmillar