• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Cheffers Camping in Lake George Ny?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a group of individuals who had recently been to Lake George, a popular vacation spot in upstate New York. They discussed their experiences in the area, including camping and visiting attractions like the Great Escape theme park and the Minnie-Ha-Ha boat ride. They also shared their love for the area and how they often end up going back every year despite saying they won't. Some of the individuals also discovered they were from the same general region, with one person living just over the Thousand Islands bridge in Ontario.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Or know their host/customer was going?

We arrived here Saturday night and it was raining. I went to walk up to the store and it was only drizzling. I saw a trailer enroute to the store that had a PC box sitting on the ground beside the trailer. I thought hmmm....fellow consultant or someone's host/customer, I'll have to stop and say hi.

Anyway, it was POURING 10 minutes later on the way back and didn't stop all night so I RAN back and figured I'd stop by on Sunday. You guessed it, Sunday they were gone :( so I thought I'd ask here if anyone was camping or knew of a host/customer heading this way (that still had their PC box :))

I thought how cool would it be to meet someone from the US when I'm 7 hours away from home?

Nope but I grew up around that area (in Saratoga about 30mins from there).

I hope you had a great time!

jbdowd0798 said:
Nope but I grew up around that area (in Saratoga about 30mins from there).

I hope you had a great time!

Actually I'm still here Becky. Here until Wednesday. I'm just sitting up at the lodge getting my daily dose of CS so I don't go into withdrawal. Heading off to bed now.

Nope, it wasn't me, but have camped there a few times when I lived in MA. Another past time that I miss!

Where are you staying in Lake George? I will be arriving Wednesday sometime. It's about a 5 hour drive and we are leaving at 7am. We always stay at Lake George RV Park. It's a real nice campground, but you have got to love the hills!

Where are you staying in Lake George. I was just at the Lake George Escapes 7/18-7/20. I don't recall have a PC box with me, but my whole camper is stocked with my kitchen tools. My husband laughs and says how many campers here are using Pampered Chef cookware like us.

chefkugler said:
Where are you staying in Lake George. I was just at the Lake George Escapes 7/18-7/20. I don't recall have a PC box with me, but my whole camper is stocked with my kitchen tools. My husband laughs and says how many campers here are using Pampered Chef cookware like us.

Where is Lake George Escapes? We have been going to Lake George every year for the past 5 years. And every year we always say that we are not going to go next year, but always end up going anyway. It's so beautiful there and the kids love the campground!
What is your favorite thing to do in Lake George?

Lake George Escapes is outside the village. It is off of exit 23. It is very nice there. Activities all day long for the kids to do. Because I only live an hour and half from lake george, we don't go into the village much anymore. We have done it all there by now.
The kids love million dollar beach and every couple years we ride the minnie ha ha again.
Lake George Escapes as a web site. http://www.lakegeorgeescape.com/main.htm

I don't live too far from LG either; I will be in the area next weekend! One of my favorite places to stop at are the Factory Outlets! They have good prices and a lot of sales! For a family thing, Great Escape (the Splash Water Kingdom is included), water slide world, the minnie-ha-ha is a great ride, mini golf, walking around the village, hiking Prospect Mt. (or at least driving halfway up and picnicking on top - a great view!) UMMMM.... lots to do!

We just had dinner in Lake George Monday night... We live about 90 minutes from there - met up with some family members vacationing there.

jenniferknapp said:
I don't live too far from LG either; I will be in the area next weekend! One of my favorite places to stop at are the Factory Outlets! They have good prices and a lot of sales! For a family thing, Great Escape (the Splash Water Kingdom is included), water slide world, the minnie-ha-ha is a great ride, mini golf, walking around the village, hiking Prospect Mt. (or at least driving halfway up and picnicking on top - a great view!) UMMMM.... lots to do!

Jen
Where in upstate NY are you?

Jodi, I was not in that area, but where do you live in Ontario? I live just over the Thousand Islands bridge!

baychef said:
Jodi, I was not in that area, but where do you live in Ontario? I live just over the Thousand Islands bridge!

Ann! How cool is that?!?! :D

I live just north of Trenton and we go to Kingston and the 1000 islands regularly. From my place to the border is about an hour and 3/4 to 2 hours.

mamidu said:
Where are you staying in Lake George? I will be arriving Wednesday sometime. It's about a 5 hour drive and we are leaving at 7am. We always stay at Lake George RV Park. It's a real nice campground, but you have got to love the hills!

I was at Lake George Escapes Camppark. I'm not sure where the Lake George RV Park is. Is that the official name of it? I'll have to go Google it. You're obviously there now since you said it was a 5 hour drive and you were leaving at 7 am and it's midnight here now. It's 'supposed' to be a 6 hour drive from our place but that doesn't count the border, traffic, and the gas,washroom and meal stops which we try to combine and it doesn't always work. Usually 2 stops; one for gas and washroom/lunch if needed and we didn't bring it and then again for washroom and dinner but with children we usually have to throw in another washroom break so it ends up about 7.5 - 8 hours total. We left at 9 am and got there about 4:45 on Saturday and then left at 11 today (I could have passed you on the highway LOL)

chefkugler said:

OMG!! Are you SURE it wasn't you? We arrived on 7/19 just before dinner time and you left 7/20. We left this morning 7/23 to make the drive home. No sense staying the day when it was raining CATS & DOGS all night and this morning.:rolleyes:

What campsite # were you in? We were down the first road to your right (Spruce) from the lodge/check in gates. Site #29 right at the end before the turn. It's our 3rd time there. We try to go every summer. Last year we did a week and the kids (DD 12 then and DS 9 then) were killing each other by the last day or two so we shortened it up a bit and they had a blast and are still alive LOL

I wish I would have posted this BEFORE I left (but what are the odds someone else from this board would be at the same campground at all the same summer let alone the same weekend!) and we could have met up! Bummer!

jenniferknapp said:

Yup LOVE those factory outlets. Did those last year and just hit the stores we don't have here at home this time around - TJ Maxx, Target, Walmart Superstores that kind of thing.

Did the Great Escape/Splash Water Kingdom last year, Water Slide World this year and of course walked the village TWICE (DD HAD to have her hairwrapped :rolleyes:, and DS HAD to go to the Magic Store THREE times) and of course mini golf each year and go-carting too. Plus tubing down the lazy river at the campground, daily camp activities, beach time, pool time etc.

I had to come home for a rest. Of course now it's going into town for groceries tomorrow, laundry, housecleaning etc and back to work on Friday UGH!

pattikake said:
We just had dinner in Lake George Monday night... We live about 90 minutes from there - met up with some family members vacationing there.

Where did you go for dinner? We left the park and had a late dinner as well since they were at Water Slide World all day and we didn't feel like cooking. We didn't go for dinner until about 8ish though.

chefkugler said:
Lake George Escapes is outside the village. It is off of exit 23. It is very nice there. Activities all day long for the kids to do. Because I only live an hour and half from lake george, we don't go into the village much anymore. We have done it all there by now.
The kids love million dollar beach and every couple years we ride the minnie ha ha again. Lake George Escapes as a web site. http://www.lakegeorgeescape.com/main.htm

Okay, ladies. What on EARTH is a minnie ha ha?

BTW, I just shared all this with the DH saying what are the odds? and why oh why didn't I ask BEFORE I left and he says 'just goes to show you you freaky people are everywhere! LOL' He was saying it with love though since he loves PC as much and sometimes MORE :rolleyes:then I do :D

kcjodih said:
OMG!! Are you SURE it wasn't you? We arrived on 7/19 just before dinner time and you left 7/20. We left this morning 7/23 to make the drive home. No sense staying the day when it was raining CATS & DOGS all night and this morning.:rolleyes:

What campsite # were you in? We were down the first road to your right (Spruce) from the lodge/check in gates. Site #29 right at the end before the turn. It's our 3rd time there. We try to go every summer. Last year we did a week and the kids (DD 12 then and DS 9 then) were killing each other by the last day or two so we shortened it up a bit and they had a blast and are still alive LOL

I wish I would have posted this BEFORE I left (but what are the odds someone else from this board would be at the same campground at all the same summer let alone the same weekend!) and we could have met up! Bummer!

We were near frog pond at site #724. We go up there every summer. Usually this week. Cause I take off the whole week from doing daycare and go to conference and then we go camping. We are heading to Lake George next weekend camping too. Schroon River Valley Resort. Which is also owned with LG Escapes. I have 2 boys 8/10. So I know about the killing each other. But they do love camping up there.

Oh and the Minnie Ha Ha is a boat. You can take a cruise on the lake. Kids love it. It is an old steamboat with the paddle wheel. Nice scenic tour too.

kcjodih said:
Ann! How cool is that?!?! :D

I live just north of Trenton and we go to Kingston and the 1000 islands regularly. From my place to the border is about an hour and 3/4 to 2 hours.

It is a small world!! I can see Boldt Castle when I put my head on my pillow at night! (It's about 1/2 mile or so away, but love to look at it at night)

1. What types of products do you recommend for camping in Lake George, NY?

For camping in Lake George, NY, we recommend our Grill Basket, Outdoor Pizza Oven, Dutch Oven, and Collapsible Cooler. These products are perfect for outdoor cooking and will make your camping experience more enjoyable.

2. Are there any products specifically designed for cooking over a campfire?

Yes, we have a variety of products that are perfect for cooking over a campfire. Our Campfire Cooking Tool Set includes a hot dog and marshmallow roasting fork, a grilling basket, and a pie iron. We also have our Campfire Waffle Iron and Campfire Popcorn Maker for a tasty treat while camping.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products on a camp stove?

Yes, many of our products are versatile and can be used on both a camp stove and a campfire. We recommend our Double Burner Griddle, Outdoor Pizza Oven, and Dutch Oven for use on a camp stove.

4. Are there any products that are easy to transport and store for camping?

Absolutely! Our Collapsible Cooler, Outdoor Mini Grilling Basket, and Campfire Cooking Tool Set all have compact designs and are easy to transport and store for camping trips.

5. Do you have any recipes or meal ideas for camping in Lake George, NY?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes and meal ideas specifically designed for camping. From breakfast to dinner, we have a range of delicious and easy-to-make meals that are perfect for your camping trip in Lake George, NY. Check out our website or catalog for inspiration!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jessneeley
  • peichef