• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leaving Catalogs Here and There

In summary, people who leave catalogs around generally don't receive a lot of calls, but every now and then an order or show comes through.
turtle15
Has this really worked for anyone?

I personally haven't found it works for me.
I did however get a call from someone (a friend) that picked up a catalog in a dr.'s office (another consultant's) and called me because picking up that catalog reminded her she wanted to call me to book a show.

So I guess it was good for me, but mine I have left have never helped me any.

Kelly V. :chef:

added to edit: Make sure you ask someone before you leave them. There are some places I know of that if you don't ask before hand and they see them they will throw them away. So always ask first!

Last edited:
Ileft catties on the counter of my bank, an I got a call. She wanted to order three items. We talked and it became a cattie show, later she changed her mind and had a kitchen party. It was an $800 plus show! :thumbup:

When random people call me for an order/show, I always ask where they got my info from. I have been doing the business for over 3 years and probably have averaged an order a year & 2 shows out of the deal. I always leave old catalogs and it keeps my name out there.

Sounds good. Each place I wanted to leave a catalog someone has done a show. So I guess I have had good luck.......

Wow that's great Lisa!

I just don't have that good of a track record with leaving them.

Maybe I should start again! I stopped after awhile because I just wasn't getting any leads, but maybe now with the changing economy etc.. people are looking for easier, more cost effect tools and meals!

So I guess I will rethink leaving catties!

Kelly V. :chef:

I always leave catty's everywhere! I haven't gotten a huge response but every now and then an unexpected order or a booked show is a blessing.
And since I no longer have any use for my old catalogs, it's a great and cheap way to advertise.

Debbie :D

I am doing that with my fall/winter catalogs. After all what else am I going to do with them?

I work in a doctor's office, and have been leaving last season's catalogs in the different waiting areas. I think I have left 6 or 7 over the past 2 weeks, and they are gone. There is 1 still kicking around. Not a single call yet... I am still hopeful.

I used to pick up the catalogs left at offices when I'd see them to check out the new products and with the intention of calling the consultant but I never got around to it. I think that's what happens to most. I have left my catalogs in different places and have gotten a few calls but usually just about the warranty.

I always make sure I have a coupon or some sort of incentive attached. It gives them a reason to call ME.

I leave catalogs in any waiting room I go through. I have gotten several calls and some pretty good orders from them. Most of the orders I've received have come from leaving them in the hospital waiting rooms.

I do leave catty's there and here; here and there.
It does genereate some biz - and it does keep my name out there.

I plan to leave the F/W ones out there (and here) and go back and attach a coupon/note - "If you'd like a current catalog or more info about our products . . .Contact Me. . . "

I wish I had that kind of luck, if you want to call it that LOL I leave them anywhere and everywhere and have yet to get any thing out of it. Just like I have the Merrill decal on the back on my vehicle for over a year now and have had nothing generated from that either.

I never have good luck leaving them around either. But I am always hopefull so I will leave older catalogs places and they have a sticker on them that says that its an old catalog and call for a new one. I do however leave new ones at places such as the beauty shop and work, they kinda expect it since those Avon catalogs are everywhere...

I leave them around, and I also leave my business cards on any bulletin board I see.:D

Once, I got a phone call out of the blue from someone who found my catalog in a waiting room. I got an order from someone who found my business card in a restaurant. I also got a booking from someone who picked up my card in a restaurant.

That's 3 times in the last 6 years, but it's better than nothing! Plus, it only takes one show to change your business!

I leave my books around town as I'm out and about.

The greatest one was when I went in to get sized for work uniforms and left a book at the uniform place. Left a couple of minis and got a call from a gal who works for the same division I do (we're lunch ladies in the county school system). She booked a show, has placed numerous orders and just booked a catalog show for March and will do a cooking show over the summer.

The same place this past year, I did the same thing and one of the employees booked a show...and is a potential recruit (which reminds me I have to call her).

As for what to do with my old catalogs, I bring them with me to the booth at the state fair, etc. and let people take them. They have to ask for a current one, or book a show, etc.

Related to Leaving Catalogs Here and There

1. What is the purpose of leaving catalogs around?

Leaving catalogs in various locations is a great way to introduce potential customers to our products and services. It allows them to browse at their leisure and potentially spark an interest in purchasing from us.

2. Where are the best places to leave catalogs?

The best places to leave catalogs are in high-traffic areas such as doctor's offices, hair salons, community centers, and local businesses that allow business cards and flyers to be displayed. You can also leave them with friends and family to share with their networks.

3. Can I leave catalogs in residential mailboxes?

No, it is illegal to leave any materials in residential mailboxes without proper postage and approval from the resident. We highly recommend avoiding this practice to avoid legal issues.

4. How many catalogs should I leave in one location?

We recommend leaving 5-10 catalogs in each location. This ensures that there are enough for multiple people to take and share with others.

5. Should I include my contact information when leaving catalogs?

Yes, it's always a good idea to include your contact information on the catalogs you leave. This way, interested customers can easily reach out to you for more information or to place an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
  • nancycookspc