• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leadership in Cincinnati, OH | January Conference Details and Insider Tips

weather might be in January?Leadership may take place in January, but you won’t have to worry about the weather — the Conference hotels are connected to the Duke Energy Center, downtown restaurants and shopping via an indoor skywalk.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I am not complaining, but I am more like pointing out the obvious in a very sarcastic manner....in case you couldn't tell by the way I type this...

Leadership is in Cincinnati, OH in January. I find it funny that HO let us know this in the September CN:
Leadership may take place in January, but you
won’t have to worry about the weather — the
Conference hotels are connected to the Duke
Energy Center, downtown restaurants and
shopping via an indoor skywalk.

I'm not so much worried about getting around, it is GETTING TO THE HOTEL :eek: !!! Once we are there, we should be fine as long as we don't want to get out of there at any point. I know we are combining with Canada, but, wouldn't you think they would want to get out of the snow, too?:yuck:

I completely agree! I am from California and have nothing that would be warm enough for a OH winter day! I really wanted to go but am seriously rethinking it because of the weather. Oh, and there's the fact that I'm not a FD yet. :rolleyes:

I had many of the same thoughts and this is my first Leadership Summit! I just don't know if I want to pass it up though I am really setting a goal to get the incentive trip next year and I want to be there when it is announced!:p

I'm trying to get my recruits so I can go... I'm excited that it's in Cinci only because I can stay with family. Otherwise, yeah. Ohio in January is weird.

I didn't want people to rethink going, I just found it amusing. If you can go - GO!!!!!!!! It will be amazing! AND we get to meet those in Canada!!

I am trying...I have 2 potentials...hope to turn them into REAL recruits by then...it's only September so there are still many people to meet before December!

Anyone on this board from Cincinnati or southern Ohio that can give us some insight as to what the weather might be in January?

I probably won't ever make it to leadership, unless they change the dates. My oldest dd's b-day is the 10th of January. :) Birthdays are BIG in our family, so I wouldn't even think about going!

Have the dates been announced?

I think the 10th - 12th of January, right?

Yes... those are the dates. It looks like I'll be driving since getting a direct flight doesn't look likely. And it will probably be faster to drive than to fly somewhere and change planes!

My DH is from Cincy & has family there. The weather is probably mid-30s & maybe snow, maybe not. I'm in Northern IN & we usually have similar temps, but IN gets more snow.

sfdavis918 said:
I completely agree! I am from California and have nothing that would be warm enough for a OH winter day! I really wanted to go but am seriously rethinking it because of the weather. Oh, and there's the fact that I'm not a FD yet. :rolleyes:

Not to mention flights from here (Sacramento) are running $500-600+! We can fly out of San Francisco...drive, park (ouch @ SF airport) for $220...we thought renting a van (fill it with consutlants from here) but probably only could get 5 gals (luggage) ~ split renting/parking...but the fllight gets home late...THEN...no guarantee you'll make the connecting flights...or even get out of Cinncinati! (connecting flights are Denver...not any better) ~ so for the negativity, just the facts.

finley1991 said:
Anyone on this board from Cincinnati or southern Ohio that can give us some insight as to what the weather might be in January?
Not from that area, but I grew up in Nashville, TN (about 4 hours South). I've spent many New Year's in Cinci...it was cold, but not bitter, and I never had any snow on any of these trips. Honestly, if seems like Feb is the time when snow happens in that area, but I could be wrong. Like I said, I didn't grow up there, but have been there in early Jan several times. Lets keep our fingers crossed that this winter isn't as cold as this summer has been hot!

i live about 45 min from cincy and as far as the weather is concerned it is pretty much a crap shot!!!! You just never know! It could be anywhere from in the 30 to the teens or below and like Missy said it does seem that snow is more likely in Feb. but is still a total guessing game but i deffinitally wouldn;t let it stop you from coming!! But then again I love the snow!!!

Heather

finley1991 said:

Me, me, me (waiving raised hand frantically!!!)!!! I have lived here all of my life and gotta say that we typically get more snow later in January and into February. You aren't going to have to drive very far into downtown to get to the hotels and if you have never been here... Cincinnati is MUCH smaller than Chicago! One of my cluster mates was a police officer here for about 8 years. To give me an idea of how large Chicago really is (that is where she is from) she told me Chicago has a police force of 30,000+... Cincinnati - about 1,000!!!

Whether you are flying in or driving in, the highways are usually kept pretty clear, so you shouldn't have any problems getting to downtown... and the convention center is right on the edge of downtown by the highway.

I worked downtown for about 10 years and other than the year we had like 14" in one night, I never had a problem with the highways or the city. Unless we have a really crazy, freaky winter, you aren't going to have the problems that you think you will... we are just far enough south to avoid most of it!

Morvin said:
i live about 45 min from cincy and as far as the weather is concerned it is pretty much a crap shot!!!! You just never know! It could be anywhere from in the 30 to the teens or below and like Missy said it does seem that snow is more likely in Feb. but is still a total guessing game but i deffinitally wouldn;t let it stop you from coming!! But then again I love the snow!!!

Heather

Where do you live in IN? I live in North Bend, which is just off Route 50 to the east of Cleves and I shop in Lawrenceburg frequently. Are you close?

Leadership ~ Seattle, Wa?How do you put in a request to have Leadership in a city for future dates? There has been no Leaderships in he Great Pacific Northwest! Seattle has tons of hotels, shopping and a HUGE Confrence Center! Not to mention the sights! It is about half the cost of Ohio, and close to CANADA (3 or so hours away)! Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

Amy Bodlorick
Future Director
Bremerton, WA

amybodlorick said:
How do you put in a request to have Leadership in a city for future dates? There has been no Leaderships in he Great Pacific Northwest! Seattle has tons of hotels, shopping and a HUGE Confrence Center! Not to mention the sights! It is about half the cost of Ohio, and close to CANADA (3 or so hours away)! Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

Amy Bodlorick
Future Director
Bremerton, WA

Amy, I'm in Roy, WA. Just wondering who your upline is? I do agree with you on having leadership in Seattle. It would be great. I know about 6 years ago, before I took my hiatus from PC, they were talking about Leadership being in Seattle.

Thanks for the insight Katie!
Sounds kinda like KS, the weather could do something one day-then the next day be completely different!

I was a little concerned about the weather, but was more concerned about airfare for everyone. Cincy is not a cheap place to try and fly into. For those of you trying, you could look into flying into Louisville, KY or Dayton, OH. Could save you a ton of $$, even with renting a car!

lacychef said:
Thanks for the insight Katie!
Sounds kinda like KS, the weather could do something one day-then the next day be completely different!

That is completely true. This is a familiar comment about the weather... "If you don't like the weather in Cincinnati, just wait a few minutes and it is likely to change!"

ljeffries said:
I was a little concerned about the weather, but was more concerned about airfare for everyone. Cincy is not a cheap place to try and fly into. For those of you trying, you could look into flying into Louisville, KY or Dayton, OH. Could save you a ton of $$, even with renting a car!

Yep - or Indianapolis as well. Since there are a number of cheffers flying in for this, when you guys book tickets, start a thread with the airport you are flying into in the title and hopefully people can team up and ride together to either split the cost of a rental car or a cab. I'm not making any promises until I know who is coming and when, but I'd be happy to look into picking up at least 6 cheffers (I have a 7 seater van) from the Cincinnati airport. Just let me know!

What is "Leadership Location"?

"Leadership Location" is a term used by Pampered Chef to refer to the different levels of leadership within the company. These levels include consultants, team leaders, directors, senior directors, and executive directors.

How do I advance to a higher "Leadership Location"?

To advance to a higher "Leadership Location," you must meet certain criteria set by Pampered Chef. This includes meeting sales and recruiting goals, attending training and leadership events, and demonstrating strong leadership skills. Once you meet these requirements, you can apply for a promotion through your upline leader.

What are the benefits of reaching a higher "Leadership Location"?

Reaching a higher "Leadership Location" within Pampered Chef comes with a variety of benefits. These include higher commission rates, access to exclusive training and resources, and the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives. Additionally, higher leadership levels often come with increased recognition and prestige within the company.

Can I still be successful at a lower "Leadership Location"?

Absolutely! Success at Pampered Chef is not solely determined by your "Leadership Location." Many consultants have built successful businesses and achieved their goals without reaching the highest leadership levels. It is important to find the level that works best for you and your goals.

Is it possible to maintain a different full-time job while advancing in "Leadership Location" at Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is possible to maintain a full-time job while advancing in "Leadership Location" at Pampered Chef. Many consultants and leaders have successful careers outside of their Pampered Chef business. However, it is important to prioritize your time and commitments to ensure you are meeting the requirements and expectations of your chosen leadership level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovenpc
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • hmolah