• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lasagna in the Dcb in Microwave?

In summary, my MIL bought my DCB for Christmas and has not used it yet. Now that I'm here, she's hoping I'll help her use it. She has planned to try to make Lasagna and wants to cook it in the microwave so she doesn't heat up the house.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm on vacation at my in-laws house. I bought my MIL the DCB for Christmas and she hasn't used it yet. Now that I'm here, she's hoping I'll help her use it. :rolleyes: :D She has planned to try to make Lasagna and wants to cook it in the microwave so she doesn't heat up the house.

Has anyone done this yet? Any tips? How long do you think we should cook it? Anyone have a recipe they've used w/ success? Any help would be great! :0

I don't see why it wouldn't work - we do have the Mexican Chicken Lasagna recipe and I've done leftover lasagna many times in the microwave. I'd pre-cook the noodles and then use the times that are given for the MCL. Microwave on high 12-15 minutes; let stand 10 minutes.

I use the no boil noodles (avoids step of having to cook noodles and usually only 10-20 cents more than regular noodles). Make sure to cover bottom of DCB with sauce before layering noodles. Also be sure that all noodles are covered with sauce/cheese and pour remaining sauce around edges. This makes sure that the noodles are cooked and not hard.

Microwave covered for 25-35 minutes (depending on wattage....my micro is 1000W and 28 minutes works). Let stand 3-5 minutes with lid.

Yummy!

Thanks for the help! I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

I had this at a cluster mtg and it was FANTASTIC.

DCB Lasagna (from another consultant)
It is cooked with the cover on. My microwave is powerful (1100 watts) so it takes only 12 minutes.
Other microwaves might be up to 15 minutes.....After it's cooked make sure you let it rest for 15 minutes.
Here is the recipe. (Ingredients are approximate)

1 Box Barilla No-Boil Lasagna (consultant was super specific about this brand)
1 15oz. container Ricotta
1 egg
2 cups shredded mozzarella
½ cup grated cheese
Finely chopped fresh Italian Parsley
About 3 cups of your favorite sauce
Mix together Ricotta, egg, ¼ cup of the grated cheese, salt & pepper, and chopped parsley.
Using the Spritzer spray baker with olive oil. Spread sauce on bottom of baker. Using three sheets of pasta for each layer, break off one corner of 2 sheets so they fit in baker and break the third sheet in half and then break off one corner of each half. Then lay the pasta sheets like a puzzle . Spread Ricotta mixture on pasta, then add some shredded mozzarella and a little grated cheese. Top with sauce then repeat the layers 2 more times. Keep going until you have four layers of pasta and 3 layers of ricotta. Top with sauce, mozzarella, grated cheese and a little chopped parsley for the final top layer.
Cover the baker and microwave for 12-15 minutes depending on the microwave. When cooked keep covered and let stand for 15 minutes.
*Add 1 cup of chopped spinach (squeeze out water) to the ricotta mixture for a delicious Spinach Lasagna

Melissa78 said:
I had this at a cluster mtg and it was FANTASTIC.DCB Lasagna (from another consultant)
It is cooked with the cover on. My microwave is powerful (1100 watts) so it takes only 12 minutes.
Other microwaves might be up to 15 minutes.....After it's cooked make sure you let it rest for 15 minutes.
Here is the recipe. (Ingredients are approximate)

1 Box Barilla No-Boil Lasagna (consultant was super specific about this brand)
1 15oz. container Ricotta
1 egg
2 cups shredded mozzarella
½ cup grated cheese
Finely chopped fresh Italian Parsley
About 3 cups of your favorite sauce
Mix together Ricotta, egg, ¼ cup of the grated cheese, salt & pepper, and chopped parsley.
Using the Spritzer spray baker with olive oil. Spread sauce on bottom of baker. Using three sheets of pasta for each layer, break off one corner of 2 sheets so they fit in baker and break the third sheet in half and then break off one corner of each half. Then lay the pasta sheets like a puzzle . Spread Ricotta mixture on pasta, then add some shredded mozzarella and a little grated cheese. Top with sauce then repeat the layers 2 more times. Keep going until you have four layers of pasta and 3 layers of ricotta. Top with sauce, mozzarella, grated cheese and a little chopped parsley for the final top layer.
Cover the baker and microwave for 12-15 minutes depending on the microwave. When cooked keep covered and let stand for 15 minutes.
*Add 1 cup of chopped spinach (squeeze out water) to the ricotta mixture for a delicious Spinach Lasagna
Melissa, this sounds great!It gave me an idea--do you guys think this would work?break up ground beef in the DCB, maybe some italian seasoning--break it up with the mix-n-chop, drain the fat off, then mix in some jarred sauce. Pour the sauce mixture in to the classic batter bowl (or a SS bowl) then make your layers. You already have some sauce in the bottom of the pan, you don't have to use another pan to make the sauce meatier. You could do this with italian sausage, too, or a comboopinions? My sweetie cant eat tomato sauce, but I may try it for the crowd at work.Marghi
PS--would we be able to brown some onions with the meat, or would they just get soggy?

Last edited:
Hope you don't mind my imput for the recipe posted. This is lasagna, an Italian dish :love:. You can't forget GARLIC :D.
Add some good garlic powder to the ricotta mixture or saute some crushed garlic and add it to the sauce. This coming from an Italian of course, although embarrassingly, I must admit I realized today I have no more fresh garlic :eek:
mangia tutto!

lisasfuncooking said:
Hope you don't mind my imput for the recipe posted. This is lasagna, an Italian dish :love:. You can't forget GARLIC :D.
Add some good garlic powder to the ricotta mixture or saute some crushed garlic and add it to the sauce. This coming from an Italian of course, although embarrassingly, I must admit I realized today I have no more fresh garlic :eek:
mangia tutto!

oh yes, garlic is an essential, isn't it? I imagine it already in a home-made sauce, but if we wanted to add it to the jarred sauce (like Semi-Homemade) we could put it in with the meat, right

All I can say is that you are all making me hungry! I hadn't thought about doing lasagna in the dcb and I usually use the no boil noodles when I make my lasagna in the rectangular baker in the oven. Looks like I will do it next time in my dcb (save time and a lot less heat in my kitchen!

lisasfuncooking said:
mangia tutto!

You're input is appreciated. I've only had the recipe to eat as it was made by another consultant. I have yet to make it myself but its on the top of the list (hmmm still early enough tonite...LOL) Until I started with PC I never once bought fresh garlic and may have only bought garlic in the jar once before that in my lifetime. I do use it in the fajita's in the DCB but I'm pretty 'blah' in my likes. I don't even use pepper on my food so you probably wouldn't want me to 'doctor' a recipe.

Here's a good laugh for you all:
I'm soooo 'not Italian' (except I love to eat it!) that when in NYC, my mom and I ate in Little Italy and for the available sauces it listed 'Ragu'. My thought was "They sell sauce out of the jar in Little Italy?". :D :balloon:

crazy question, but I am assuming the "grated cheese" is parmesan?

1. How long does it take to cook lasagna in the DCB in the microwave?

The cooking time for lasagna in the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) in the microwave varies depending on the size of your lasagna and the power of your microwave. Generally, a small lasagna can take around 10-15 minutes, while a larger one can take up to 20-25 minutes. It's important to check the internal temperature of the lasagna with a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked before serving.

2. Can I use any type of lasagna noodles in the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, you can use any type of lasagna noodles in the DCB in the microwave. However, it's important to make sure they are fully submerged in the sauce and liquid to ensure they cook properly. You may also want to consider using no-boil lasagna noodles for convenience.

3. Do I need to cover the DCB in the microwave when cooking lasagna?

Yes, it is recommended to cover the DCB with the lid while cooking lasagna in the microwave. This helps to trap steam and heat, ensuring the lasagna cooks evenly and stays moist. You can also use a piece of parchment paper or a damp paper towel under the lid to prevent splattering.

4. Can I make lasagna in the DCB in advance and reheat it in the microwave?

Yes, you can make lasagna in the DCB in advance and reheat it in the microwave. Simply cover the lasagna with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When ready to reheat, remove the plastic wrap and cover with the DCB lid. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.

5. Can I add vegetables or other ingredients to the lasagna in the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, you can add vegetables, meats, or other ingredients to the lasagna in the DCB in the microwave. However, make sure to chop the vegetables or cook the meats before adding them to the lasagna. You may also need to adjust the cooking time to ensure all ingredients are fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • msmileyface
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies