• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Kosher Demo Ideas for Hosting 35 Guests - TIA

A
akaskydebil
Anyone ever done a kosher demo? My upline is scrounging for recipe ideas as her host is expecting 35 guests - all of which require kosher. Any ideas? TIA

Melissa78 said:
Anyone ever done a kosher demo? My upline is scrounging for recipe ideas as her host is expecting 35 guests - all of which require kosher. Any ideas? TIA

thats going to be a tough one, since they won't be able to eat from anything you use. Let me check, because I have some Kosher sister Consultants :)

If the host already has PC products that you can use, problem solved! :DFrom the VERY little that I know ~ you can't use a non-kosher pan/utensils to cook their food. They have 2 sets of pots & pans ~ one to cook their kosher meat & one to cook their kosher dairy. They can't even use the same dish pan, sponge, drying cloth to wash the dishes for fear of cross contaminating the dairy with the meat. So taking your cooking tools might be a big deal for them. But I've also read that the rules only apply to hot food. So utensils used for non-cooked foods (cutting board, knives, food chopper, etc.) appear to be okay ... not positive on that though ... you'll want to confirm with them!!!All fruits & veggies are okay, as long as they've been inspected & have no bugs/worms. I'm sure if you have them do the shopping, stick with a salad for the side & then maybe salmon (which can be eaten with dairy) as the main meal you'll probably be okay ... assuming you get the cooking tools worked out as well.

I would talk to the host and see what she is thinking. You may be able to do the demo with things she already has or a recipe that doesn't have to use separate tools and just have some of the most popular things on display. Remember you aren't making a meal. It's a demo, a tasting. If the host wants to serve more thats her decision and she'll take care of preparing it. The host will know what is safe to do to keep with the need to be kosher. Once you've discussed it with her you'll be able to suggest appropriate demo recipe choices.

Thanks ladies. Will pass this along to her. :)

Sheila said:
From the VERY little that I know ~ you can't use a non-kosher pan/utensils to cook their food. They have 2 sets of pots & pans ~ one to cook their kosher meat & one to cook their kosher dairy.
This is a big plus for sales:love0010: I have had customers buy two of each of the stones they want to keep them separate.

1. What exactly is a kosher demo?

A kosher demo is a cooking demonstration that follows the dietary laws of Judaism, known as kashrut. This means that all ingredients and cooking methods used must adhere to strict guidelines and be certified as kosher by a rabbi or kosher certification agency.

2. How can I accommodate 35 guests who require kosher food?

One option is to prepare a variety of dishes that meet kosher requirements, such as vegetarian options, fish dishes, and meat dishes. It is also important to ensure that all ingredients and cooking utensils used in the preparation of the food are certified as kosher.

3. What are some ideas for kosher recipes that can feed a large group?

Some ideas for kosher recipes that can feed a large group include dishes such as roasted chicken, beef stew, vegetable lasagna, and quinoa salad. These dishes are not only delicious, but also easy to prepare in large quantities.

4. Can I find pre-made kosher products to use in my demo?

Yes, there are many pre-made kosher products available in most grocery stores. However, it is important to check that they are certified as kosher by a reliable organization, as some products may only be partially kosher or not at all.

5. Are there any special considerations I should keep in mind for a kosher demo?

Aside from using kosher ingredients, it is important to keep all utensils and surfaces used in the demo clean and separate from non-kosher items. It is also important to be sensitive to any dietary restrictions or allergies of your guests and offer alternatives if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• annew
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
annew
  • dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pamperedlinda