• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amazingly Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe

In summary, Jill shared her recipe for a killer chocolate cake, which was made with chocolate cake mix, eggs, oil, milk chocolate chips, instant chocolate pudding, Kahlua, and sour cream. It can be cooked in a microwave, and was a hit with everyone who tried it. Alternatives to Kahlua were discussed, and it was mentioned that alcohol does not completely cook out of dishes. Jill also shared some tips on how to make the perfect cake.
I never got that far:eek: :rolleyes: !!

Diane

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..now that is funny!

With all this talk I cannot wait to make it for dinner for my family! I'm tempted to make a practice one just to sample it and make sure it's as good as everyone says it is :)!

OH...You don't trust us.....LOL

No I just need an excuse to make a sample one hee-hee!

Thats what I thought...LOL

you should ALWAYS make a sample of a new dessert recipe. but never make a sample of a salad or veggies!

My family is always my taste testers to give me the thumbs up or down but maybe I should start guinea pigging my own desserts before I preview them to the family! Hee-hee!

sarahmarie said:
The DaVinci syrups are good. I have the sugar free Kaluah one. I use the real Kaluah in my cakes (ok i only made it once) It is such a little amount in the cake. I am a Christian and I have no problem with it. I do alot of my shows for Christians and I dont think they would have a problem with it either. But I do know that some people do. So maybe just ask the host before hand if she knows of any guests that wouldnt eat it.
I also dont think people should be offended by it. YOu are not forcing them to eat it. If you personally chose not to drink you should not be offended by someone offering you kaluah cake. Just say no thank you. I hope no one is offended. I dont think that is right. I am under drinking age so it is no issue with me! I have to make sure my hosts buy the booze! If i ever cook at home and need wine i have to ask my daddy to go to the store with me to buy the booze!

The DaVinci syrups are good - but remember, they are syrups! Very sweet and thick - so I would be careful how much I put in a cake. I would try 1/2 as much of the alcohol called for.
and...I am also a Christ follower, and while I don't drink alcohol much (except I love all those fruity girlie drinks!:p ) I would never imagine being offended by someone offering me a piece of Kahlua Cake or Beer Bread! I use wine and other "spirits" all the time in cooking - never gotten drunk once on Chicken Marsala or Kahlua Cake!;)

I feel that I need to clear something up with the whole not drinking alcohol and religion. Part of being Mormon is not drinking alcohol. Also, not drinking coffee and abstaining from a few other things. If you want the scriptural reference, email me.I do not drink alcohol, but I do use it in cooking because there are flavors you can't "unlock" without it. However, some people in my area would be offended, so I was asking for substitution suggestions because I normally don't substitute. Actually, I normally don't make desserts with alcohol in them, but I do with main dishes.I did not say that Christians do not or should not drink alcohol.Hopefully this post and none of my previous posts offended anyone.

Hey Kate-
Just curious (I love to hear about different religions, cultures, customs, etc), is it the coffee or the caffeine that is not allowed?
:)

It is the coffee. Caffeine isn't technically on the "list", but some people try to abstain because it is a stimulant. I use it when I need to for safe night driving when I don't have a choice. I normally don't like what it does to me personally. One thing that is interesting is that alcohol ingestion was/is permissiable as a pain number when there isn't anything else. Everything has it's place. Tobacco is a great healing plant and alcohol is wonderful at cleansing.Some people say that wine is alcohol and Jesus drank wine, etc., so we should be able to. Most researchers have found that what we call wine and what was wine back then are very different. Wine then was what we call grape juice. If it went bad (fermented), it was called vinegar!

i'm sorry but I have a few questions about the cake can it be baked in the oven instead of the mic and if so what temp and for how long? also can it be made in another pan?? like the rectagle baker or some thing?

Thank you

cmdtrgd said:
It is the coffee. Caffeine isn't technically on the "list", but some people try to abstain because it is a stimulant. I use it when I need to for safe night driving when I don't have a choice. I normally don't like what it does to me personally. One thing that is interesting is that alcohol ingestion was/is permissiable as a pain number when there isn't anything else. Everything has it's place. Tobacco is a great healing plant and alcohol is wonderful at cleansing.

Some people say that wine is alcohol and Jesus drank wine, etc., so we should be able to. Most researchers have found that what we call wine and what was wine back then are very different. Wine then was what we call grape juice. If it went bad (fermented), it was called vinegar!

Interesting! Thanks for sharing Kate :)

Just made it, still cooling! Cannot wait to try it tonight! :)

I hope you used Bakers' Joy before you baked it. I made it for my Cluster meeting today and it broke in half. My Boyfriend made me two more..the same thing. We figured it out....the first one..I used Bakers Joy..the second ones..used oil..ooops

I used Pam and no problem (I find that when I use our spritzer on this or the mini-fluted pan the oil just pools at the bottom), but I did spray the heck out of it!

Diane

I used Crisco butter flavor and spread it with the silicone baster and it came out no problem! Ymms! Everyone liked it!

Isn't it good...did you put cool whip on it too?

OK, my Cool Whip never made it to the cake. It wasn't even thawed before the cake was gone:eek: . I had to do 32 tae-bo workouts today to make up for the WW points I'm sure this cost me:D !!!

Diane

cmdtrgd said:
What can you use instead of kahlua?

For those that don't use liquor... I would quess that you could a similar amount of coffee.

Hey Carol,

Go through a few more posts - there are a few suggestions listed. I bet even if you just use 1/3 cup water it would be delicious!

Diane

cmdtrgd said:
What can you use instead of kahlua?

I am just back from Wal-Mart and they have Kahlua flavored coffee syrup. I am making it tonight using this. I will let you know how it is.

This cake is awesome! I used the Kahlua flavored coffee syrup and it was wonderful. Very moist and almost like a hershey bar cake

I know I love it...VERY VERY YUMMMMMMY!!!!!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Uhmmm...doesn't Baileys have alcohol in it?

Originally over in Ireland they were not trying to make whiskey, they were trying to keep the milk from going sour & lasting longer! Yes cooking with alcohol will taste it at the end, thats why you are using it For The Taste....the alcohol is cooked out. I know for a fact, I am a retired cook & a recovering Alcoholic....& I eat Marsala Sauce etc....with NO problem what so ever. The ONLY time I wont is if it is added at the end ie...some Italian pastries & cakes.:cool: :cool: :cool:

heat123 said:
Hmm, I'm not a Kaluha fan so I may try it with the New Starbucks coffee liquer, umm that sounds yumms! Thanks

I just saw this at Safeway the other day! I think this would be a great substitute!

I made this cake a couple of months ago and brought it to work (with the Kahlua in it) and everyone devoured it.

For a substitute, I would think you could use a coffee-flavored syrup but I think actual coffee may be too strong.

SilverCeladon said:
I just saw this at Safeway the other day! I think this would be a great substitute!

Couldn't realy taste the "Coffee" after it was baked. So if you want actual flavor to it maybe using a coffee syrup will be better. IT was good though!

Killer Chocolate Cake....This is a magnificent recipe! I should have known by the length of the thread. I made four of these cakes in one week and everyone loved them. I noticed that it even gets better when you make it a day ahead of time. I baked it in the rectangular baker at 350 for 55 minutes. I can't waite to try it in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies