• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Engaging Activities Can Be Done in a Kids in the Kitchen Show?

Interactive Demo 3: No-Bake Energy Bites5. Sandwich Sushi Activity6. Frozen Yogurt Bark Demonstration7. Closing RemarksIn summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a baby to preschool show in the UK, with a focus on interactive demos for kids. Suggestions include Fruit and Veggie Rainbow Skewers, Mini Pizzas, No-Bake Energy Bites, Sandwich Sushi, and Frozen Yogurt Bark. The conversation also includes a thread with additional information and a layout for a Kids in the Kitchen Show.
babyicebean
In the UK we have nothing like this and I am struggling to come up with ideas. I am doing a baby to preschool show and have been asked to do 3 demos over the day.I want to go for an interactive demo with the kids and have, hopefully, another consultant on the booth with me.I need something simple, easy and fun that needs minimal set up.Also has anyone got a rough layout of a kids in the kitchen show please?

Help!

1. Fruit and Veggie Rainbow Skewers- Cut up a variety of colorful fruits and veggies such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, bell peppers, carrots, and cucumbers.- Let the kids help thread the fruits and veggies onto skewers to create a rainbow pattern.- Talk about the different colors and the health benefits of each fruit and veggie.- Optional: serve with a yogurt dip for added flavor and nutrition.2. Mini Pizzas- Provide small individual pizza crusts (can be pre-made or use English muffins or pita bread).- Set out various toppings such as tomato sauce, shredded cheese, diced vegetables, and pepperoni.- Let the kids create their own mini pizzas by choosing their toppings and assembling them on the crust.- Bake in an oven or toaster oven until cheese is melted.- Talk about the importance of balanced meals and how pizza can be made healthier with the addition of veggies.3. No-Bake Energy Bites- In a large bowl, mix together oats, peanut butter, honey, and chocolate chips.- Let the kids help roll the mixture into small balls.- Talk about the importance of healthy snacks and how these energy bites are a great alternative to sugary snacks.- Optional: add in other mix-ins such as dried fruit, coconut flakes, or nuts.4. Sandwich Sushi- Lay out a slice of bread and flatten it with a rolling pin.- Spread a layer of cream cheese or hummus on the bread.- Place a slice of lunch meat (such as turkey or ham) and a slice of cheese on top of the spread.- Roll up the bread tightly and slice into small "sushi" rolls.- Let the kids help with the rolling and slicing.- Talk about the importance of whole grains and protein in a balanced diet.5. Frozen Yogurt Bark- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.- Spread a layer of Greek yogurt on the paper.- Add toppings such as sliced fruit, granola, and honey on top of the yogurt.- Freeze for at least an hour.- Break the frozen bark into pieces and enjoy!- Talk about the benefits of yogurt and how it can be a healthy dessert option.Layout for a Kids in the Kitchen Show:1. Welcome and Introductions2. Interactive Demo 1: Fruit and Veggie Rainbow Skewers3. Interactive Demo 2: Mini Pizzas

What are some easy recipes for kids to make in the kitchen?

Some easy recipes for kids to make in the kitchen include fruit kabobs, homemade pizza, and trail mix. These recipes require minimal cooking and can be customized to suit individual preferences.

How can I involve my kids in meal preparation?

One way to involve kids in meal preparation is to assign them tasks such as washing vegetables, stirring ingredients, or assembling sandwiches. You can also have them help with setting the table or cleaning up afterwards.

What are some safety tips for kids in the kitchen?

Some safety tips for kids in the kitchen include always supervising them, teaching them how to properly use kitchen tools, and reminding them to wash their hands before and after handling food. It's also important to teach them about hot surfaces and sharp objects.

Are there any cooking tools designed specifically for kids?

Yes, there are many cooking tools designed specifically for kids, such as child-sized aprons, plastic knives, and kid-friendly measuring cups and spoons. These tools can make it easier and safer for kids to help in the kitchen.

What are some benefits of involving kids in the kitchen?

Involving kids in the kitchen can teach them important life skills, such as following recipes and measuring ingredients. It can also help them develop healthy eating habits and create a sense of accomplishment and independence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• richardson3
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
ChefNic
Replies
Views
nysart8902