• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kernel Cutter: The Latest Office Gossip?

In summary, the girls at work are saying that the kernel cutter is terrible, but the operator of the cutter says that it is user error. The girls also mentioned that it is great for grilling corn. The kernel cutter is also a great seller for the seller. The girls at work also said that they love their kernel cutters.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
One of the girls at work has been telling everyone how horrible the kernel cutter is, but I have not tried it before & am half tempted to buy one to see what all the griping is about. What are everyone else's thoughts or suggestion?

I really like it. It takes the corn off really easy for me when I need it. DD is at the age where she will be losing her top teeth so it is a life saver for me.

Worked well for me too. Maybe she's using it wrong?

We just used it on grilled corn and it worked awesome! Not sure what her issue is maybe ask why she doesn't like it?

My 15yo has braces and it works wonderful! I did it for her at first and now she does it herself.

Works fine for me. She's probably not doing it correctly- or not pushing hard enough to get deep enough into the kernel and is therefore just "skimming" the tops off of them.Operator area likely the culprit. :)

Only time I have seen it used was at a party--corn went everywhere. the consultant said she'd never used it. A friend told me she does it in a pot or bowl, so that would solve that problem.

It is wonderful. I will suggest using a large bowl and turning a smaller bowl inside of the large bowl and then placing the corn on the bottom of the small bowl so the corn does not fly everywhere, but only if you are doing a large amount of corn. I had about a dozen that I used the kernel cutter on and it was awesome!!!!

I love my kernel cutter. And I have loads of customers who have gone out of their way to tell me how much they love it. She's probably using it incorrectly.

I live in a farming area where "putting up corn" is an annual event and women who have been doing it for 50 and 60 years think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I would have to concur that it's operator error. Take some corn to work and have her show you what she's doing. (Study the use and care guide on CC first so you can fix her problem for her).

I kind of figured it was user error, but I wanted to be sure no one else was having similar problems with it. Another girl from work bought it last month but hasn't used it yet. I'm hoping she can come back in one day soon & tell everyone how much SHE loves it.As for the girl at work who hates it, she's not much of a cook and by not much of a cook, I mean she doesn't cook, at all. Her DH does it. Talk about a keeper!!

This is my #1 selling item...Everyone loves it. Just had a client call and tell me to add another on to her order...this makes 3 on this one order...

I like it too. But it does take a little getting used to. The first time I used it I went "too hrad" then went "too light" and didn't get any corn. You kind of have to follow the shape of the "center" of the corn. But I got used to it by the second ear.

She wasn't trying it on uncooked corn was she???

I absolutely love this item. Especially when freezing corn.

A little hint that I read somewhere (probably on this site)....take an old metal bundt pan and put the point of the corn cob in the hole that is in the flute (the middle) and then use the kernel cutter. The corn falls right into the bundt pan and you can then scoop it into your jars or freezer bags. Makes less mess on the counters also!

One of the things I love about the Kernel Cutter is that you don't have to worry about corn flying everywhere. People who've purchased it from me love it as well, and I live in corn country. Here's how I tell people to use it: Remove the protective cover. [Yes, I've had people try to use it with the cover in place.] Take your corn, whether cooked or uncooked, and hold it pointy end up on a plate. With the blade against the corn, press and zip right down the cob. Depending on the size of the kernels you'll zip two or three rows of corn at a time right off the cob.

I love mine! So sad I misplaced it and did not have it for the family reunion. (corn fixed outside in big pot w/husks and karo syrup in the water) yum! Had to use a knife to take it off the cob for my hubby since he has braces. Still can't find mine so I have ordered another one!

One of our local TV shows does a program called, "Does It Work". Well, one year ago they showed our Kernel Cutter (there is an older post about it) They graded it an A+ and said the price was perfect! It is an awesome product that I sell tons of.

I haven't used it. But I have a friend who had used one that someone else had and she called me and ordered 2..one for her house and one for her camper..she ended up selling both of them before she got them and had to order 2 more from me.

Ditto what Ray said. I bet the gal who 'hates it' didn't remove the cover! This is an AWESOME tool!

All of my kernel cutter customers LOVE it. It is one of the items I have people stop and tell me about.

it works great on uncooked corn, so that shouldn't be a problem, Also, suggest she use it on her pineapple after using the wedger of course. she will have about an extra cup of pineapple tidbits.

1. What is the Kernel Cutter and how does it work?

The Kernel Cutter is a versatile tool designed to easily remove the kernels from corn cobs. It features a sharp stainless steel blade that effortlessly glides through the corn, removing the kernels in one swift motion. The ergonomic handle provides a comfortable grip for easy use.

2. Is the Kernel Cutter dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Kernel Cutter is dishwasher safe for convenient cleaning. Simply place it in the top rack of your dishwasher for a hassle-free cleanup.

3. Can the Kernel Cutter be used for other vegetables?

While the Kernel Cutter is specifically designed for removing corn kernels, it can also be used for other vegetables such as zucchini, cucumbers, and carrots. It's a great tool for making vegetable noodles or adding texture to salads and dishes.

4. Is the Kernel Cutter safe for children to use?

The Kernel Cutter has a sharp blade and should be used with caution. We recommend adult supervision when children are using it to prevent accidents. It is not recommended for children under the age of 12.

5. Can the Kernel Cutter be used for cutting frozen corn?

Yes, the Kernel Cutter can be used for cutting frozen corn. However, it may require more force and could potentially damage the blade. We recommend thawing the corn before using the Kernel Cutter for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • wadesgirl