• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory

In summary, Just got this email from the Success Factory; thought it was good so I'm sharing!:chef: The Success Factory has some good advice for people looking to start their own businesses. They suggest that you make your job look easy to the outsider, and that you make sure management is simple. Surprisingly, they also say that you can make a lot of money by displaying your tools rather than bringing them with you to every demo.
lacychef
Just got this email from the Success Factory; thought it was good so I'm sharing!:chef:

Today's Tip

Subject: Is this business simple?

How difficult are you making your job look? Remember, the best place to recruit is at your parties. At your next one, take a moment to critique yourself. Observe yourself through the eyes of someone who might be thinking about joining your company. How “perfect” is your display? How about your presentation? Do you know every item number and every price? If you do, certainly it is great that you are doing your job well; but are you doing it too well? Don't make your job look hard to the outsider looking in. Sometimes the best thing you can do is to make a couple of “boo-boo's”, and then treat it like it is not a big deal by saying something like, “See, I told you my job wasn't brain surgery!” Also, this is where using notes is OK as well…it makes you look duplicatible. Get the idea?

For those of you building a team, the same principal applies. You need to make management look simple. Don't complain to your downline if you are having a bad day (this is where the saying “dump up” is crucial!) Talk about and be conscious of, all the things that your company does to make your job simple. Do they provide team meeting agendas? Do you get coaching calls from your upline or home office? Any of the little perks (besides extra money) that you get for being in management with your company are the things you need to brag on with your team. They will want to do what you do and you will begin building a strong organization!

Thanks Lacy!!
And after airing my dirty laundry about being a "piler" it is obvious that you don't have to be organized either.
Curious though about the show "display". Ok, my hosts and guests know NOTHING about that from me:eek: :eek: I don't bring anything to display, just the necessary tools to do the recipe!;)

amy07 said:
Thanks Lacy!!
And after airing my dirty laundry about being a "piler" it is obvious that you don't have to be organized either.
Curious though about the show "display". Ok, my hosts and guests know NOTHING about that from me:eek: :eek: I don't bring anything to display, just the necessary tools to do the recipe!;)

How do you get by with just the neccessary tools? I like the whole eye candy thing. How are your sales when you do this and do you do it at every show? I'm very curious, because although I dont bring my whole kitchen with me, I feel like I am. This may be very helpful for me!...

And, Lacy, thanks for the input!! Wonderful stuff!

I just read that from my email, thought it was Great info!

I only bring what's needed for the recipe, too. At least mostly. I usually also bring the 8" Saute Pan, and the Round Up trivet, but that's it. And Amanda, my sales don't suffer from this... in 2007 my sales were $62,680. I'd bet you could try bringing less product if you want to.

I would still consider everything I use a display, though... I do take care to set everything up in such a way that it's not just a jumbled mess of tools, they are laid out nicely before I begin... and so that everyone can see what I'm doing, I make sure the batter bowl or the mandoline is not blocking anyone's view. It's still a display if they are looking at it. But, as I use the tools during a demo, the dirty ones all go into a plastic bin under the table... so by the time I'm done, there is almost nothing left on the table except for the recipe.

=) Jen

ragschef said:
How do you get by with just the neccessary tools? I like the whole eye candy thing. How are your sales when you do this and do you do it at every show? I'm very curious, because although I dont bring my whole kitchen with me, I feel like I am. This may be very helpful for me!...

And, Lacy, thanks for the input!! Wonderful stuff!

Ok, I guess I'm similar to Jen. I do have my TTA with a boatload of tools in there, but to be honest I don't want to lug a bunch of stuff around. I take 2 things:
1. Tote that comes with kit. everything to do recipe is in there. If I have room, I'll put in a SA serving piece, if not it goes in my rubbermaid. I always have the 8" cookware too!
2. Rubbermaid tote. This is where my dirty dishes go when I'm done. But in going to the show, I put my laptop bag in there, guest folders, host packs etc.
After show dishes are in the rubbermaid and laptop and clean dishes are in tote.

I want it to seem easy, and it is. I'm looking for team members. ;) I know that the sales are set before I arrive thru host coaching. So, I want bookings and recruit leads.

I have tried this both ways...taking a boatload with me and just taking whatever I plan to use. My sales haven't varied either way, so I don't think it has a lot of effect on the bottom line. Of course, that's just my experience...it may work differently for others.

Trying to make it lighter this year! Which reminds me, I have to go clean my tote to get rid of some stuff so it will be lighter this weekend - my first live show of the year! ;)

Amy, I like the idea of the rubbermaid tote for your dirty dishes:thumbup:
I keep my display simple too; just because I got tired of bringing EVERYTHING! I bring what I need for the recipe; plus I make sure I have one each of cookware, stoneware, SA, knives.

lacychef said:
Amy, I like the idea of the rubbermaid tote for your dirty dishes:thumbup: I keep my display simple too; just because I got tired of bringing EVERYTHING! I bring what I need for the recipe; plus I make sure I have one each of cookware, stoneware, SA, knives.

I put one of the large black trash bags in as a liner, so when I get home I don't have to worry about hosing it out. AND the hosts love that I am out of their house so fast! well, if we don't end up sitting around and chatting

That is so much easier though; I take mine home in my carryall tote, since it's fairly easy to wipe clean.
I had a gal at my last show tell me it was gross to drive home with my dirty dishes; I wanted to say that I thought she was rude, lol!

What is "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory"?

"Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that focuses on simple and delicious recipes that anyone can make. It features a variety of dishes, from appetizers to desserts, that are perfect for everyday meals or special occasions.

Who is the author of "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory"?

The author of "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory" is Pampered Chef's own recipe developer and culinary expert, Cindy Wells. She has been with the company for over 20 years and has a passion for creating easy and tasty recipes that anyone can make in their own kitchen.

Are the recipes in "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory" are designed to be easy to follow for all levels of cooking experience. They include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen. Plus, all of the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store.

Can I find a variety of recipes in "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory"?

Absolutely! "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory" features over 100 recipes that range from traditional favorites to unique and creative dishes. There are options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks and desserts. You'll never run out of delicious ideas for your next meal.

Can I purchase "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase "Keep It Simple---Good From the Success Factory" through Pampered Chef's website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for purchase through select retailers. Get your hands on this fantastic cookbook and start whipping up some tasty meals today!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • mrssyvo