• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Signed on to Be a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, Julie, here are 3 things to keep in mind when starting out: - Get organized and keep track of your expenses with a file box and notebook, as well as separate checking account
JulieAnn123
Hi everyone!

I joined this site about 6 weeks ago and have really learned a lot from all of you wonderful people. Thank you for that. I just this evening went to the PC website and officially signed up to be a consultant. I feel excited! :sing:

So my question to all of you is what are three things you would like to tell someone new -- something you did very right or very wrong when you started, something we should watch out for, something we should strive for... those types of things.

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Julie, in Central Illinois

Hi Julie! Welcome to the Pampered Chef!!!!
Let EVERYONE know tonight!!!! Your excitement will be contagious.
Fill out your list of 100...and call everyone!! Book up your first 30 days right now...so you can start as soon as your kit comes and get qualified this month!
And have fun!!!

Welcome!!!!!! One of the biggest things I would say is use all of the tools (I am not referring to products at this minute) that PC offers us and not try to over create the wheel. I would also not try to get bookings etc with extra gimmicks. Our host rewards are great and are products are great! Starting out with enthusiasm will get your friends/family and new customers excited and as mentioned above have fun selling and don't make it look hard. Don't be afraid to not know the answer, you can always find out.

Yay! Welcome to PC - you will love it! I'm fairly new, too. The best thing I did was have a grand opening show in my home. I would do it again (lots of free items to enhance my kit), but next time I will ask my husband to stick around to help me with the hosting duties.

Welcome, Julie. Good luck. I think you're gonna like it here.

List of 100! This is what I didn't do and wish I had. A director at conference once said, "If it's good enough for Doris it's good enough for me!"

I just completed my first 90 days. My advice would be to get organized. carve out a spot to do your business stuff. I have a desk upstairs where the computer is. Get a file box and some folders, and label them as you find need to ("recipes", "recruiting brochures", etc). Get a notebook and receipt file (a coupon file will work) to keep track of all your PC related expenses. I also opened a separate checking account for PC. This will help you stay organized.The second thing is to work hard to try to get all the incentives and PC dollars you get during that first 90 days. At the end, I spent most of my PC dollars on kit enhancement, which is your 4th active month when you can get things 40% off. On that note, I would also suggest you not get TOO bogged down with incentives that it stresses you out. There is a balance to it, and I am still working on it. I did well the first 3 months meeting the goals and getting things free, etc. But then I was frantic one day about "I HAVE to have 2 shows this week so I can get that blah blah for free".. it's good to go for those things, but don't get frantic about it. Have fun!

Hi, Julie!Welcome to CS, and welcome to PC! It's a simple business, but not particularly an 'easy' one... Keep it simple, Be nice, and Have fun! My biggest thing early on, was - I thought it was about the food; making a recipe just so. It's not--it's about product. Food is a vehicle to present the product. Once I made this mental shift, I had more fun, and sold more.Truly, it took one host who had Thanksgiving dinner except for the turkey. What did I demo? a dip and a veggie tray, but -- wait -- I also brought a deep dish apple pie (OOPS!)Together with your director, flip through a catalog and identify product lines that are "expensive", perhaps more than $30. These are BOOKING tools. When someone is interested in them, steer them toward booking a show to get them free or half-price. Explain to them, it's a simple as passing a few catalogs - gathering 5-6 orders, or having a group of friends over one evening. Ensure her it's your job to help complete the guest list, and that you will help her each and every step of the way.Similarly, go through the catalog and identify products that cost less than $6. These are add-ons, and do NOT need to be talked about at your show, perhaps with the exception of Season's Best - as a "value added" gift for your host. Next, commit to your cluster meetings and regular self-training. Start with the free resources available to you through consultant's corner and the online web courses. Then purchase the awesome CD's at $2 a pop and you'll be teaching US in no time!Finally, see the light sooner rather than later on recruiting. If you truly want to make significant money in this business, it is in duplicating yourself - being duplicatable - having a team. Don't be scared of it, understand and embrace it. It is dream income, available only to those few who dare to dream, plan goals, and work their plan.The truly most awesome part of PC is the personal transformation - improvement in yourself. Glad you're here!

Congrats and welcome (Officially :D ) JulieAnn!!

Take advantage of your new consultant rewards and get as many double PC dollars as you can in your 1st 30 days.

Create a 30 day goal and a 60 day goal. Revisit and set new goals after your 1st 60 days.

Take advantage of ALL the trainings offered....by PC Online Training AND team meetings. Do NOT be afraid to ask questions!

ASK and INVITE EVERYONE!! To the biz opportunity, to hosting a show, to ordering and for referrals! Let everyone know you are PC.

Lastly, have fun and expect to work through some no's....your groove and success will come....so long as you put some effort and stick to the 3-2-1 plan!

Wishing you much success!

Here's the advice I give everyone. Practice your demo out loud. Hearing plants it in a different place in your brain than just thinking it.

Welcome!! And, congratulations on your new business. My suggestions would be: 1) to not pre-judge anyone about your business. I didn't think my Mom would go for hosting a show, but she was really excited. It was a shame that I held off asking her! 2) Set up a separate personal bank account for your business and apply for the PC debit card ASAP. Its not a check card; it just allows PC to debit from your account. Keeping a separate account could save some headaches down the road. 3) Don't be nervous with your demo and don't worry about mistakes! Just act "as if"! People will never even notice you goofed!4) Learn this expression: "You know what? I'm not sure, but I can find the answer for you." And get the contact info and call them when you do have the info. There is so much to learn and more to learn everyday! ITS SO EXCITING!Have fun, I LOVE PC and all that it has done for me and my family!

I can't improve very much on any of this advice ... I think it depends partly on your personality and where your weak spots might be (ex: I love to be creative, so per Harriet's advice: don't "over-create the wheel," use the KISS principle and use the PC Formulas already in place - they work).

I also should have gotten my List of 100 in place and organized them into an electonic filing system right away (email, phone, address, the works). Contacts are key ... as with Conrad Hilton's advice for hotels (1. Location 2. Location 3. Location) - by extension, TPC is 1. Contacts 2. Contacts 3. Contacts!

I wish I would have known about the Deep Covered Baker sooner. The bar pan for the 3-Cheese Garden Pizza is great, but not for your first show on a hot June day in a barely airconditioned upper story condo (guess who made that mistake?) + after you've hauled in twice as much stuff as you need. Despite the current stop-sell/slow-down with DCBs, "FAST- EASY-GOOD" is what people want. And in the South in the Summer, add to that: Non-Hot Oven cooking.

What a nice group of messages to start my first day off with! :) Thank you all so much!

Yes, WELCOME to Pampered Chef and to Chef Success!!! :DEveryone above has given great suggestions. ;) Just make a plan, set your short term & long term goals & then go for it! :D If you hit them all, great!!! If you miss a few, don't let it get you down! Re-assess the plan, revamp the goals & keep forging through. The more you do in your first 30 & 90 days will set the groundwork for your future months as a consultant. The phrase "we reap what we sow" is true! If you put forth a 10% effort or a 110% effort you WILL see the results of it down the road!!!Do your list of 100 and then follow up with that list!!! It does you no good to fill it out & then never do anything with it. ;)Do as many online training courses as you can for added exposure and ideas. They will give you great ideas on the various types of shows that you can offer ... the "sit down & watch me" or variations all the way through to the "fully interactive" shows where you watch & the guests do all the work. There are so many different levels in between those two and different people excel at every different type show. So find your niche in how you want to do your shows and keep it going!Don't be afraid to ask your first hosts for constructive criticism. Was there something you could have done better? What was the ONE thing that they think you should stick with and not alter? Did you cover the upcoming specials effectively enough? Did you cover the benefits of hosting? Did you do the Full Service Checkout (asking each person if they were interested in learning more about the Business Opportunity, hosting, etc.)? Finding a pattern to your show will help you to remember to touch on the various topics that you want to cover during your show.Most importantly, remember that we are Pampered Chefs, not perfect chefs! It's okay to not know the answer, but like the previous post said, be prepared to find out & don't forget to follow up with the person! What I started doing early on was having them write their question on the back of the door prize drawing slip. Then I had their contact info on the reverse side when I called them back with the answer! :DOh, wait! That was the 2nd most important thing! The 1st most important thing is to HAVE FUN!!!

I also can't improve on any of the tips given, so I'll just say Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you better, and hearing about all your successes.

Welcome! I would have to say to make the most of your 90 to get as much PC dollars as you can!!!! Also don't be afraid to recruit! It helps your income tremendously!!!
Good luck! :D

Wow, what great advice. It is nice to hear things over and over.My best advice is to have fun with this--always remember, this is YOUR OWN BUSINESS. You can run your shows any way you want. Do not stress over forgetting something, you don't get graded and no one will notice. Try and have fun, laugh at your mistakes--my guests love to hear about mistakes I've made, be it with recipes, or whatever. No two of my shows are the same. When I started I made up index cards with key points I wanted to cover. Before I'd get to the host's house I'd pull over and go over them. Don't stress yourself over it, I did too much.One thing not mentioned above (unless I missed it) is the Booking Slide. I highly recommend this if you don't have it already ($15 I think from the Supply Order area). I still introduce it at my shows as if it were new and I'm just practicing it (then they all laugh)--it really gets me the bookings--they listen to what I say about it.Two more things--I make up a Host Sheet on each upcoming show--it helps me keep my shows organized, and it put it in a folder for that host. I keep those in a pile by my computer until the show is done, then file it. I also keep a notebook with followup items--be it ordering replacement parts for people, calling people that said they'd have a show "someday" etc. I cross out the items as they are taken care of.Congratulations on beginning your PC business. Finding and joining Chef Success is probably the most important thing that you have done for your business. We are all here to share with each other and give advice. Good Luck!!!

1. What is the process for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to sign up through our website or through an existing consultant. You will then need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the necessary business materials and product samples. Once you receive your kit, you will have access to online training and resources to get your business started.

2. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant varies depending on which starter kit you choose. Our starter kits range from $99 to $259 and include business materials and product samples. We also offer a payment plan for those who need it.

3. What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn income through commission on sales and bonuses for reaching sales goals. You will also have access to a supportive community of consultants, online training and resources, and the ability to set your own schedule and work from home.

4. Do I need to have experience or knowledge in cooking or sales to be a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need to have any previous experience or knowledge in cooking or sales to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Our training and resources will provide you with all the necessary tools to be successful in your business.

5. Can I still be a Pampered Chef consultant if I have a full-time job?

Yes, you can absolutely be a Pampered Chef consultant while having a full-time job. Many of our consultants have successful businesses while also working other jobs. You have the flexibility to set your own schedule and work around your other commitments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Stephanie Hays
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bgupton