• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help - Not Sure Whether to Sign or Not

In summary, to become a consultant, you need to have four solid bookings. If you can't get signed up by Thursday with four shows, then give yourself more time. Your husband is a great support.
dymplz8
Hello everyone, I have been checking out this site for the past couple of days and I have really gotten some good information and ideas. My problem is that my director would like me to sign by this coming Thursday and I am really really interested in starting up a PC business (we could really use some extra income). The problem is that she said I needed to have four solid bookings before I signed and right now I think I only have about three. I'm really nervous that this is going to be harder than I first thought. What are the requirements to become qualified as a consultant? My husband is really being supportive of my new venture and I am truly excited about it, but I could really use some information and support. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can book a few extra shows? I haven't handed out any flyers yet because I wasn't sure if I should before I actually signed but I figured that would be a good start.

Last edited:
Qualification is 4 shows or $1250 in sales.

Bookings come from shows too. Business takes work, but don't freeze or panic over it.

If this is what you want to do, there is nothing better than to try it and a supportive husband is more than many have.

Ask friends and family to help you get started (they get a gift if they do a show in your first 30 days).

Best of all, do your own Open House for one of your first shows!

Ask everyone you know. You may be surprised who will say yes. Bring it up to the cashier at the grocery store or wherever. I think it's a great idea to have your first four shows booked for your first two weeks. That will give you a great start and you will earn even more free product. If you can't get signed up by Thursday with 4 shows, then give yourself more time. It's your business, and your director will understand.

Never under-estimate the power of asking someone "if they could help you"!!

Even if they don't want to host a show, they may have a referral for you! You could then give them a small gift from the referral's show, if you want to, to show your appreciation. (Don't give it until the show is held!) What you do is, put this person's name in the show as a "co-host", then order whatever you want to give them there. It will allow you the host's discount on it, plus give you a record of who you bought what for. Put it as "Consultant payment", and pay for it yourself. You will also earn commission on it, so you shouldn't be out too much for doing it.

Best wishes on your decision to become a Consultant! You are choosing a fabulous company to be a part of!!

Welcome to the Chef Success "Family", too!!

Paula

Have you included a Grand Opening Show for yourself as a first booking? That counts! Plus, it's a great way to let people in your immediate circle who might not be included in the guest lists of your other bookings that you're now a consultant.

Just keep in mind that this is a business, and while it's probably the most fun you'll have at a job, it does take some time and effort to get going. But don't let that stand in your way! I was very much in your shoes when I started as a consultant...few contacts and worse, I had no solid bookings when I signed. Seven years later, I'm still here! Look for any opportunity to get your name out in the public to build new leads beyond your initial bookings (fairs, festivals, flea markets). It will really help open up new avenues.

Best of luck to you and we look forward to welcoming you to the PC family and to hearing about your SUCCESS on Chefsuccess!

Mary

right now I think I only have about three

Your director is giving you great advice - have 4 SOLID bookings (that means, with actual dates). If the 4th is your grand opening show, I recommend that, as you will most likely be more realxed in your own home.

Also there is extra incentive if you sign by the 31st (Thursday), I believe. If you hold 4 shows within your first 30 days you can get some awesome forged cutlery.

edit - to answer your ? about becoming qualified: New Consultants become qualified by
submitting $1,250 in personal commissionable sales or 4 Shows (of at least $150 in guest sales each).

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the advice. :) The only reason I am worried about hosting an Open House is that I just hosted a show last week and that is how the consultant recruited me. I don't know if anyone would want to come again to another show given by me, although if I held my open house towards the end of my 30 days then that would give me time to promote it around the city by putting up flyers. At the open house, do you usually do demonstrations and make recipes for the guest, or do you have a time frame, say like from 1-4 that people can stop by and just look through catalogs and see the different items on display and place orders. Thanks again for all the help.

Well, now that I know you just hosted a show last week, I'd say no - don't do an open house.

My first show was a regular show format. I did a demo when everyone got there and we talked and ate, then I made a lot of mistakes doing taxes on my orders. ;)

I've also done an open house and that is not as fun (or profitable). It is more fun to have people there at a specific time and they all talk about products together.

I wouldn't do an open house. I'd do a show. You don't have to do a demo, but a definite show start time works to get people there. Flyers around town are great to get your name out, but contacting people in person will work better. Keep working on your list of 100.

I'm sure if your friends and family knew you were starting your own business, they would be willing to help out. My aunt did it that way with a jewelry business. Had her own show then signed up and had her kickoff show. We were all there to support her. Plus if there was anyone that wasn't able to make it to your first show, they could possibly make it to your 2nd show.

Your director wants you to have good solid bookings to help you acheive as much as possible in your first few months. There's nothing better than a great start to boost your business. My director did not do that and my first few months while pretty good could have been better if I had made sure I had shows booked

You could still host a show yourself...even though you just held a show. That way, as you are contacting any and everyone you know to let them know about your new business, you can ask them if they could help you out by doing a show...if no...can they do a catty show...if no...would they like to attend your Grand Opening Show? You can also invite outside contacts (grocery store, bank, McDonald's...etc.) by telling them you are starting a new business and you would love to have them come to your grand opening show! This way, perhaps you can get some bookings from your Grand Opening that are outside of your family and friends "circle."

Sounds like you are off to a really good start! Your Director is trying to get you in during a special promotion where you can earn THREE of our forged cutlery knives for free if you sign before the end of February and "qualify" (defined above) within your first 30 days. You will also be earning commission and pampered chef $$ based on your sales and number of shows in your first 30, 60, and 90 days.

If you start strong (minimum of 4 shows in your first couple weeks) you will be better equipped to earn all that you can in your first 90 days!

Ask away if you have any other questions!

Having 4 shows makes a lot of sense. FWIW I reactivated after a 10 year hiatus, last fall. Wish I'd had the shows lined up first! I'd do another show...perhaps as show #4. However, invite not only the first guest list, but many others as you can think of. Or turn it into a catalog show.A late February show of your own would be a good time to preview/take advanced orders from the new catalog and book Spring shows.

I just signed up today! One of my four shows is a catalog show- my mom wasn't willing to have a cooking show, but decided she could take them to work, etc to get a catalog show together. Do you have anyone willing to do one of those for you? My director also wanted me to have four lined up first. Good luck!

You can still host another show. No one gets everything they want at one show plus I'm sure there were people who couldn't come to your show last week.Just go for it!!!! If your director/recruiter went to our Leadership conference, she gets an extra bonus if you sign by the end of January. That may be why she is pressing you. But you get a GREAT deal out of it too--3 free knives!!!! woohoooooo!

I've had more than one show myself, though some were catalog. I think I only had 3 bookings besides my own, and one of those was one I didn't plan on when I signed. One fell through. But I still qualified within 30 days, and am shooting to get $1250 in by Day 90.

A show doesn't have to be large to be a show. That's the power of it. They don't have to do much to help you out a lot!

I WISH I was signing up now because I would get all that forged cutlery! Plus you can't underestimate the value of the items in your kit! That alone is worth signing up!

But you are wise to have the shows lined up. Even if they fall through, that increases the chances of your success!

Don't forget, the specials change every month. Because of that, your friends will be more inclined to come to your show again.

Did the consultant that did your show getting any bookings from it? I usually give my bookings to my recruit when I do an introductory show because they are her friends and it helps her get her business going. Maybe you could talk to her about that.

I had 2 solid bookings when I started and got bookings from those 2. I have been able to book successfully ever since. Give it a go and work your business!

My consultant has been Great. At my show, when she did the door prize drawing she had everyone write on the back whether they would be willing to host a show if I became a consultant. Most everyone said yes, but 4 of those people have had shows within the past 3 weeks and I don't know if they would want to have one again this soon. I am going to ask them though. I am very excited about the forged cutlery as is my husband. He is going to try and drum up some business for me at work too. One other question. I am the fundraising director for an organization in my city and I was wondering if I could host a fundraiser show for this organization and if that would count as one of my bookings. I realize my commission would be considerably less, but it may draw me some new leads and add to my bookings. Please let me know if you guys think this may work?

Sorry, I think I saw on another thread that you can't do a fundraising show until you are a qualified consultant. Oh well, I will just wait until that happens and then proceed with helping the organization. :)

Pamper a show or two in your area. That will help you get another or at leadt some orders to turn in as a catalog.

You only have to make a recipe put it on one of our Simple Additions or do the Brownies in the bar pan. You give them the dish and a few catalogs with order forms. Say enjoy the Brownies and I will be back in a couple of days to get the bar pan and the orders.

I am taking a recipe to a Dr. office this week they placed and order last week and they order $172 worth of products. They put everything together to save on the S/h but with a few other orders it became a $400 show.

Give it a try you can only fail if you don't try.

Enjoy.

Ummmm..... actually my very first show ever was a fundraiser. Being over $1000 it helped me qualify, but I certianly was not qualifued beforehand!

dymplz8
You can't do a fundraising show until you are a qualified consultant

Might want to call HO on that when you sign up - I have gotten wrong answers from here on ChefSuccess and also my director. I'd have to say ChefSuccess is batting 1000 vs my director, though.

eidt - I just gave a wrong answer in the shoutbox, so I am feeling the humility!

Last edited:
Your Director wants you to have a strong start by having those first shows scheduled. You will be sooo happy you did once you start. I recommend booking your own show. Then as you are calling all your friends and family to ask if they can hold a show for you, if they say no than you can invite them to the party you are hosting. When I started I did this and it was a HUGE success. I made it into a Mystery Host Party. I will try to attach the file I used. Good Luck and remember one thing....Always do what you fear the most and success will follow. Take care.

Attachments

• Mystery Host party PC.doc
    28 KB · Views: 508
There are a couple of reasons to sign by tomorrow. First of all the quickstart paper work boxes are good through tomorrow. That means that your director can get you set up with catalogs, host packets and everything you need to get started, before you get your actual products. After the 28th, you would have to wait until your kit arrives to get those items. Yes, there is an incentive for your recruiter that is better if you sign by the end of the month, but I think the difference between the 28th and 29th is the biggest deal.
You have to do what will work for you. Like everyone else has said, if you get on the phone and ask, you will get your shows.

It's not by tomorrow, I think it's by the 31st.

Listen, if a new recruit doesn't have 4 SOLIDLY booked shows with dates by Thursday, I would tell her to wait until Feb when the paperwork changes. There will be some other promotion in March/April/May.

Catalogs are the most expensive marketing tool we have. I signed up in July, didn't have 4 shows booked, and my catalogs were obsolete rather quickly.

My new consultant kit also got changed rather quickly, too..... granted, that doesn't happen every year.

kspry said:
It's not by tomorrow, I think it's by the 31st.

They must be submitted by the 28th (I have 3 left!). But I do agree that there will always be another promotion and if the timing isn't right, it isn't right.

Yes, there are several reasons why a director might want to sign a recruit by the 31st, and several reasons why a potential recruit might want to wait.

I am saddened by the new recruiting push. It's not best for all; it's best for those who know how to trick the system.

Well, I'm not so nervous anymore. I have 2 definate shows booked and one catalog show. I have the fourth person checking on which date she wants to do, so hopefully I will have my four shows booked. Although three of them aren't until right at the end of my 30 day period. Do the shows have to have closed by the end of my 30 days or is it okay if I've had them and are in the process of closing them out. I'm ordering my kit on the 31st and my fourth show is on March 2nd.

You get extra benefits if it's submitted within your first 30 days. You still get benfits up to your 90 days.

YOu basically get twice the rewards for shows within your first 30 days, and yes, they have to be CLOSED within the 30 days, not just held within the 30 days. I ordered my kit so that it arrived 3-4 days before the first show and I scheduled 6 shows (1 open house, 4 regular and 1 fundraiser) within those 3 weeks. That gave me time to close them AND I got awesome benefits (lots of PC dollars to spend on anything I wanted) even though one of the parties cancelled. You can't redo that first 30 days. I would wait to sign until I had plenty of parties scheduled!

Another tip.... those PC dollars you get for free.... you can use those to purchase kit enhancement products (during your fourth month) and season samples (even if the date for current consultants has passed) and that helps stretch those dollars even further!

If I didn't have to go inactive for a year to do it I would start over JUST to have those 30 day start up bonuses again!! Whatever you do , don't waste them!

Just sign when you feel comfortable. Don't sign just to benefit your director. This business is about you.

When I first started, my director suggested having 4 shows lined up but mentioned that they don't necessarily have to be my first 4. I had my sister agree to my first one in September, a girl i worked with in October, my aunt in December and my step mom in November. As of today, my stepmom will be holding her show in February. If you're family is considerate like mine, they spread the word to co workers that I was starting my business, and invited people that I don't necessarily know and see on a regular basis. That is how I got my first bookings. I always thought of it as the main goal is to get outside of your comfort zone. My dad's girlfriend even got me a booking from a girl she worked with (she was at my sisters show) That ended up being my show last week, and the best one so far! So if you are capable, get outside of the comfort circle. It only takes one person to get you there!

Keep in mind PC gives you an extra few days or sometimes an extra week to account for the shipping time to get your kit to you. So if you sign on Jan 31st your 30 day end date might be March 6th (or somewhere around there). So make sure your March 2nd host is prepared to close within a couple of days of her show.

Don't worry to much.I had 3 firm bookings and a catalog show . When I first joined. I am going on my first year. Do your best if you feel over whelmed it's ok to ask for help from your director and the cluster you are in.
The neat part is that usually when a person joins pampered chef that person has high sales for the first 90 days. The reason is that you are excited about the product and since you are on fire others want it as well.
Some months sales can be low but don't be discourage it will pick up. Just remember the 321 3 contacts a day 2 bookings a week and 1 recruit a month.
this will make your business grow! also remember in are in business for yourself but not by yourself. You have many people to help you a great support team. think of it a a very big bra with big cups . ( the big bra is your support network and help it is over flowing! ) congrats on joining the pampered chef team! l monninger

1. What are the requirements to become qualified as a consultant?

In order to become a qualified consultant with Pampered Chef, you must have four solid bookings before signing. This means that you have a confirmed date and time for four cooking shows or product demonstrations. Your director may also have additional requirements, so it's best to check with them for specific details.

2. How can I book a few extra shows?

One of the best ways to book extra shows is to reach out to your friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also try hosting a launch party or open house to introduce your new business and products to potential customers. Additionally, consider utilizing social media to promote your business and reach a wider audience.

3. Should I hand out flyers before I sign up as a consultant?

It's ultimately up to you, but it's generally recommended to wait until after you have officially signed up as a consultant. This way, you can include your consultant information on the flyers and potential customers can easily contact you to book a show. However, if you have a specific event or opportunity to hand out flyers before signing up, it may be worth doing so.

4. What kind of support can I expect from Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support for their consultants, including training, marketing materials, and a community of fellow consultants to connect with. Your director can also provide guidance and support as you begin your business. Additionally, there are online resources and training available through the Pampered Chef website.

5. How can I balance my new Pampered Chef business with my other responsibilities?

It's important to find a balance that works for you and your schedule. You can set your own hours and determine how much time you want to dedicate to your business. It's also helpful to plan ahead and prioritize your tasks to ensure you are managing your time effectively. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your family and friends as well. Remember, your Pampered Chef business should be a source of joy and fulfillment, not added stress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • Brina